Elder Shaman - Summon Barbarian Guide [1.3]

Unbreakable
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I've hit the wall in destruction got a few easy charms but I am SO squishy and minions take 20 years to kill anything. Diablo is just laughing at my pathetic struggle. I am so sad right now.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Unbreakable wrote:I've hit the wall in destruction got a few easy charms but I am SO squishy and minions take 20 years to kill anything. Diablo is just laughing at my pathetic struggle. I am so sad right now.

And thats the general problem with all those summoner types at this median game - summons are mostly meatshields, regardless of their "attack" stats. I'd say from my summoner barb xp from SP: most of damage is done by merc, summons are buffs and protect him from enemies. Of courseit is possible to efficiently kill with summons but for this you really need top notch equipement+ jewels with summon stats.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ruubel wrote:
Unbreakable wrote:I've hit the wall in destruction got a few easy charms but I am SO squishy and minions take 20 years to kill anything. Diablo is just laughing at my pathetic struggle. I am so sad right now.

And thats the general problem with all those summoner types at this median game - summons are mostly meatshields, regardless of their "attack" stats. I'd say from my summoner barb xp from SP: most of damage is done by merc, summons are buffs and protect him from enemies. Of courseit is possible to efficiently kill with summons but for this you really need top notch equipement+ jewels with summon stats.

Crafts are enough to farm and kill with summons alone.
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2

I had a hard time with Diablo too, but I beat him slowly and surely. While fighting him, I was paying more attention to my summon count than his hitpoints. Even so I found myself having to retreat because he sometimes just wipes out my entire party. I beat him using T6/Honorific gear though.

Later on you might want to farm Tainted and Magical shrines. Right now I'm mostly sporting Tainted craft + Magical blessing gear and farming has been super easy. Always try to get a high ED roll on your crafts when you can. Defense helps a lot in survivability in my experience.

I want to ask: Is the +2 all skills in Kali worth it? Right now I think my Kali gloves are the "weakest" in my gear, and thinking about changing it up. Does the +2 to all skills offset the stats from a good tainted/magical craft?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
SinClaire wrote:I want to ask: Is the +2 all skills in Kali worth it? Right now I think my Kali gloves are the "weakest" in my gear, and thinking about changing it up. Does the +2 to all skills offset the stats from a good tainted/magical craft?

ScarletEdge wrote:As for
Kali
Kali
Gloves

'LumKo'
Runeword Level: 48
15% Chance to cast level 13 Seal of Fire on Kill
+2 to All Skills
+15% to Summoned Minion Resistances
-214 Defense
5% to Strength
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Fire Resist +25%
, while I admit that it's mostly meant as a placeholder, it also stands as a reasonable end game equipment. It give a cheap +2 to all skills which is a very important stat since it not only boosts the minions but also the passives and synergies. The low level requirement leaves you with a fair amount of MO space as well.

To give you a clearer image, my order of priority for minion stats are as follows: +Skills > Minion HP > Minion Damage > Minion Resists > Minion AR
flamingfury69
Prowler
18 | 0
Does max Spirit Guide really help the summon ?
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
rapcior wrote:Without damage reduction on bear stance this guide witch kraken stance is shi***...u die so fast -_-

The guide does not recommend kraken stance, or any other stance for a reason. With a good merc, you don't need more damage.

Gear up a merc. Abjurer or Ranger/Priestess work. The nature of summons means they stack on top of each other after teleporting, and take a while to spread out + do damage, they don't attack fast either. Better to just beef them up and let something better suited to attacks do the work.
foolishforty
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hello.
I've recently just discovered median xl.
Question about merc.:
Does any of the mystic orbs with damage mods worth it for the abjurer merc? I'm trying to decide what to put on a honorific sword.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
foolishforty wrote:Hello.
I've recently just discovered median xl.
Question about merc.:
Does any of the mystic orbs with damage mods worth it for the abjurer merc? I'm trying to decide what to put on a honorific sword.

lightning spell damage. abjurer uses lightning spells and a physical spell (singularity), but mostly lightning spell damage. life after kill and faster cast rate might be good for him (probably don't need FCR if you have spirit guide though)
foolishforty
Skeleton
2 | 0
Thanks.
Regarding honorific items: I tried putting more MO in one that had some already but won't let me do it. How come?