Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:
► Show Spoiler

That's actually a nice helmet. I used a Hidden craft to make mine for lack of other shrines and it just has some defense, +skills, and the oskill. I've done almost all of what I have so far with only the 20 fire pierce from LC1, sunless sea charm, and an amulet. I'd keep that helmet for now. The glaive is also nice, but the flat damage rolled bad on it. Otherwise, the rest is good.

Caleb wrote:I'l trying this build with a good roll of
Dear Esther
and it work very good , the proc is OP slow and cb are really good too , the cons is the very bad def but with shapeshifter merc and some reanimate it's ok.

You can get a ton of defense just with Runemaster alone. Some DR from Dear Esther and Jitan armor, and then the leech/life on kill should sustain you well enough. Only thing is you're restricted to the fortress cooldown then, but if it works with the procs well enough, it should be good.

ixvid_ wrote:How aboute
Forge Fire
for alternative main weapon?

It could work. I probably won't include it because its SSSU, and I don't see much incentive to switch away from the glaive with 10% on kill, crushing blow, defense, and all the other stuff it provides, not to mention the guide is intended to be javelin-based. The hammer could work well though. I've spent some time trying to figure out a class that could use a hammer or maul effectively since they're almost always tossed aside.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Including utility & crowd controlling Mercenary of your choice would be nice add to your guide, there is many choices which can suit javelin style you was talking about. Mercenaries are good material to roleplaying with here, curious which one you choose for your Nomad playstyle.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Unda wrote:Including utility & crowd controlling Mercenary of your choice would be nice add to your guide, there is many choices which can suit javelin style you was talking about. Mercenaries are good material to roleplaying with here, curious which one you choose for your Nomad playstyle.

As I said before, I haven't bothered with a merc since I was expecting a death quite often til I picked up more defense and block to have to care for reviving 50k merc constantly.

I tinkered with a shapeshifter merc with TU Trident and TU Heavy Gloves to help with crowd control (really nice with wolf stance tacked on), but he dies cause I don't care to watch his HP.

I'll likely end up going with a nice setup for act 1 merc to help supplement, but will experiment later.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Unda wrote:Including utility & crowd controlling Mercenary of your choice would be nice add to your guide, there is many choices which can suit javelin style you was talking about. Mercenaries are good material to roleplaying with here, curious which one you choose for your Nomad playstyle.

I'll post my merc's gear tomorrow, might have some interesting stats for you. He procs: banish, doom, bloodlust and thunderslam. Also he doesn't die often.

It's an A5 merc with Qarak's Will, Deadmans hand, ammy with Banish, fireproc helmet (forgot the name) armor with teleport on taking damage, asteroid belt, and ehh well I'll post the rest later :)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:

I'll post my merc's gear tomorrow. He procs: banish, doom

That is actually more damaging then beneficial. Banish and doom both override eachother, and they override your hunter's mark, which in our case is much stronger than doom.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yep, thats why i mentioned utility & crowd controlling in my post, which cut off some cookie cutter "damach" mercenaries setups.

@Muilpeer, thanks for suggestions but i was asking OP specifically about which merc he see as part of Nomad philosophy of his build, thats why i didnt suggested my own. During my time with Median i played probably all possible mercenaries setups so i know exactly which one works best for build i play.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
I prefer Bloodmage for ANY char... Reason? I like a merc that don't dies all time and he is good staying alive... he's ranged, get good defense and he get 1 of the most cheap ítem builds of the game: with only TUs, he is insane. The only places where he dan die are instakill ubers like death proyector...
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MUS01 wrote:I prefer Bloodmage for ANY char... Reason? I like a merc that don't dies all time and he is good staying alive... he's ranged, get good defense and he get 1 of the most cheap ítem builds of the game: with only TUs, he is insane. The only places where he dan die are instakill ubers like death proyector...

He has no DR with just crafts though besides maybe a shield. He's really good for a bear stance barb since he can cast with bear stance on, but I generally would recommend something that can hugely benefit from our wolf stance here.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Can act 3 mercs still attack with Bear stance attached to them?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Goodkidscc wrote:Can act 3 mercs still attack with Bear stance attached to them?

Yea it doens't affect mercs or reanimates