Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
ptk wrote:Hello again and thanks for the awesome guide, one thing i dont understand though , how do I get the ring of light skill ? XD

By crafting a paladin-only shield
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
ptk
Imp
4 | 0
Rishab wrote:
ptk wrote:Hello again and thanks for the awesome guide, one thing i dont understand though , how do I get the ring of light skill ? XD

Ye I have a paladin only shield and been looking through the doc and the only thing I've found is the oil of renewal. And I used that like 100 times and that did not do it , so more specific how do I get it on there xD
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
ptk wrote:
Rishab wrote:

Ye I have a paladin only shield and been looking through the doc and the only thing I've found is the oil of renewal. And I used that like 100 times and that did not do it , so more specific how do I get it on there xD

Step 1: Find a paladin-only shield.(ilvl 80 or above)

Step 2: Reroll/craft till Oskill appear on shield.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
kurnis
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Rishab wrote:
ptk wrote:
Rishab wrote:

Step 1: Find a paladin-only shield.(ilvl 80 or above)

Step 2: Reroll/craft till Oskill appear on shield.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit

What is step 3? Why would you hide the most important step??? HOW DO I PROFIT?!?!
ptk
Imp
4 | 0
Ok thanks did not realize how rare the affix was, took me 150+ rerolls to get a level 12 , what is the highest level it can get, thinking of rolling some more to get better stats overall :)
evil_potato
Mangler
458 | 51
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
check the docs for things like that. There is a wonderful table of affixes :) But for the purpose of this guide, any level is just fine :D
hahaboy718
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
what do you think of
Toesie Warmer
over
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'LoFal'
Runeword Level: 73
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Block Speed
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 20) to all Attributes
5% to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
runeword, at least until i can find the endgame boots. the proc is super nice and adds a nice chunk of def+life, but is the loss of the DR and skill worth it?
evil_potato
Mangler
458 | 51
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
sure, you could use it. only reason i recommend megalith is because it's easy to obtain whereas with toesie you may or may not find one.
Haktir
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This could probably go under short questions thread but as I'm asking specifically about this build I'll ask here...

I've never gotten further than act 4 dest but following your guide I'm up to dest baal. I'm using the 4 runewords you suggested and have been able to get a few charms (worldstone key, zakarum ear, laser crystal, optical detector, scroll of kings, horazons focus and the butchers tooth) but now it's like I've hit a wall... I'm down to the section where you first recommend looking for set items but idek where a good place to start would be. I'm kind of a lurker and only play single player casually, I read the docs all the time (I always have it open on my second monitor ;) ) but it's really hard for me to memorize everything let alone understand how all of the mechanics work.

my lowest res is 75 poison so I'm pretty sure that's not my problem, and defense is 144k (with TB, not counting terror strike)

I know the game is meant to be challenging, and I love the challenge, but when I don't know what to do next it's not a challenge anymore, like a lamb to the slaughter..... Sorry for the rantiness in there....

I'm not looking for the easiest way either, I farmed and burned about 30 shrines before I realized oil of renewal was how you get RoL...

As a side-note I don't think it says that you can use TB on your hoplites and it gives them poison immunity as well as the defense bonus... Unless it does... IDK...
evil_potato
Mangler
458 | 51
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
well, forget the set items. you need all 3 for them to be effective and it turns out the armor is actually pretty rare. Just stick with rws and upgrade to SUs as you find them. Having trouble with anything in particular?