Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
FallenAngel wrote:
TTraw1 wrote:Have you considered taking Tiefling Form? Seems like a good idea to get +dex +energy factor and HP. And i don't believe sin has that much defense to begin with anyway.

Interesting suggestion. It would seem as this would go well with a dex-energy combo setup. We would be losing skill points being put into WOTP/WOTS in the process though. I guess there are just too many permutations and combinations possible :?

With tiefling WOTS and WOTP give you +0 - 0 damage so the importance of maxing them gets noticeably smaller.
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tiefling only voids WOTS and WOTP flat damage. They still give % elemental damage
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Going for spell damage from ways is very inefficient, because spell bonus is slvl based (unlike flats with hard points inc returns formula).
So your gain per point invested for spell damage is really low. But if you don't go tiefling, there isn't many other skills worth investing.
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
I saw a slight typo at the "6. Island of the Sunless Sea" You meant to say "Malic now does NOT one shot us," :D
and the Remaining ubers Kabraxis section "we will heal if we are killed." should probably be "we will heal Kabraxis when we or any of our summons/reanimates gets killed by Kabraxis" so using RIP modifier here or taking off anything that has reanimates is a good idea! Also I don't know if this is true since I haven't experienced it or noticed it myself but I heard that Kabraxis can heal to full by another way too.. Kabraxis casts "Jitan's Gate" if gets hit by a multihitting high damage spells which gives him a ton of maximum health(essentially acting as a shield) and if you happen to die when the max health buff is on him his health bar becomes full (it seems like a bug or a glitch to me which involves where your character's "presence" goes after death) Kudos to Aerial for figuring this out! :cheers:

very Nice guide I had tried Witchunter's set but hadn't tried Twing Fang strike with it :stupid: so I may give it a try hopefully next time or something :-P
FallenAngel
Stone Warrior
31 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Nitz wrote:
FallenAngel wrote:
TTraw1 wrote:Have you considered taking Tiefling Form? Seems like a good idea to get +dex +energy factor and HP. And i don't believe sin has that much defense to begin with anyway.

Interesting suggestion. It would seem as this would go well with a dex-energy combo setup. We would be losing skill points being put into WOTP/WOTS in the process though. I guess there are just too many permutations and combinations possible :?

With tiefling WOTS and WOTP give you +0 - 0 damage so the importance of maxing them gets noticeably smaller.

We are not really using the flat damage from ways, but the spell damage bonus given by them; so flat damage becoming zero doesn't hurt us. I was trying out Tiefling Form today with a dexterity setup and results were quite good in Fauztineville and Duncraig. Will update once I fine tune it a bit more.
FallenAngel
Stone Warrior
31 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Darthaghar wrote:I saw a slight typo at the "6. Island of the Sunless Sea" You meant to say "Malic now does NOT one shot us," :D
and the Remaining ubers Kabraxis section "we will heal if we are killed." should probably be "we will heal Kabraxis when we or any of our summons/reanimates gets killed by Kabraxis" so using RIP modifier here or taking off anything that has reanimates is a good idea! Also I don't know if this is true since I haven't experienced it or noticed it myself but I heard that Kabraxis can heal to full by another way too.. Kabraxis casts "Jitan's Gate" if gets hit by a multihitting high damage spells which gives him a ton of maximum health(essentially acting as a shield) and if you happen to die when the max health buff is on him his health bar becomes full (it seems like a bug or a glitch to me which involves where your character's "presence" goes after death) Kudos to Aerial for figuring this out! :cheers:

very Nice guide I had tried Witchunter's set but hadn't tried Twing Fang strike with it :stupid: so I may give it a try hopefully next time or something :-P

Yes, I noticed there are some typos here and there which I am correcting. Will try out a Kabraxis run with max block gear soon and see. Thanks for the complement btw :)
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Upvote. I just skimmed through it for now but I like that its really nicely written down to most of the ubers. Nice work :thumb:
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
FallenAngel wrote:Yes, I noticed there are some typos here and there which I am correcting. Will try out a Kabraxis run with max block gear soon and see. Thanks for the complement btw :)

Nice, you should try your dex crafts on Uldyssian too you can craft an ATMG shield+Judge Claw and get as much crushing blow and deadly strike as u can! its useful with atmg Maybe max Shadow Dancer for moah critical strike ?(dunno how crushing blow+critical strike+deadly strike work together) and Queen of Blades to be able to apply Open Wounds easily to him it may be hard to reach 50% slow with a blade and a shield tho.. what I used were two crappy tier 1 Lo runeword claws on switch with Attack Rating Lucky oil roll and more attack rating mystic orbed(btw You would be surprised how much attack rating you need to be able to have 90% chance to hit uldy :mrgreen: ) to slow the boss and his Edyrems on switch when needed! You can try a similar Judge setup for Bremmtown too except with max block + using noctule and a good geared merc could always be useful!

PS am I understanding right by thinking that you can use Phase bomb with Twin Fang strike because it doesn't actually hit the mobs but also it doesn't deal physical damage so there is no way to get rekt by the damage reflect ? :scratch: ;-|
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
You deal damage via direct melee hit and you will kill youtself with phase bomb.
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
Darthaghar wrote:PS am I understanding right by thinking that you can use Phase bomb with Twin Fang strike because it doesn't actually hit the mobs but also it doesn't deal physical damage so there is no way to get rekt by the damage reflect ? :scratch: ;-|

Unfortunately TFS deals small weapon dmg with initial strike, so you still die to the effect.