Twin Fang Assassin [1.3]

palazon
Prowler
19 | 1
Max tiefling form. Get the shield with shadow summons. Get max block. Get some minion life/res enchantment gear as well. Shadows can be tanky. Only single point in ways. MO weapon with mana/life on attack.
rawr123
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aahz wrote:
rawr123 wrote:For melee? The attackspeed would be terrible :P Tiefling can only get 11fpa while claw can get 5 easily.

Tiefling doesn't have morph (hat) since 2017 so the breakpoints are the same... but even the low defense is better than none esp. in melee so I'm not sure how would it wok - could be worth a try tho

Oh derp! Haven't played a caster sin in awhile!

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
palazon wrote:Max tiefling form. Get the shield with shadow summons. Get max block. Get some minion life/res enchantment gear as well. Shadows can be tanky. Only single point in ways. MO weapon with mana/life on attack.

you get spell damage from ways. maxing phoenix and spider will boost TFS.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Aero wrote:
palazon wrote:Max tiefling form. Get the shield with shadow summons. Get max block. Get some minion life/res enchantment gear as well. Shadows can be tanky. Only single point in ways. MO weapon with mana/life on attack.

The question is though, how many skill points you have left to invest in ways.

SMaxing TFS, PB, Thiefling Form, the Ennead skill and probably ~9 points into blink/shadow refuge... you'll probably won't have many points left to put into the ways.
palazon
Prowler
19 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:
Aero wrote:

The question is though, how many skill points you have left to invest in ways.

SMaxing TFS, PB, Thiefling Form, the Ennead skill and probably ~9 points into blink/shadow refuge... you'll probably won't have many points left to put into the ways.

Yup. Shadows from shield give spell damage and boost your life from tiefling form even further.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
These minions are ok for progressing, but farming with this is way too slow, recasting takes up too much time. They can't be tanky in ubers without heavy minion gear, even then they are questionable.

As for maxing ways vs 1pt, for spell damage. It is roughly 40-45% spell damage difference for 30 points invested.
Typical caster with good craft will have about 350-400% spell damage, so I don't think it is worth it. If it was 30 points for total spell damage to both, then maybe.
palazon
Prowler
19 | 1
aerial wrote:These minions are ok for progressing, but farming with this is way too slow, recasting takes up too much time. They can't be tanky in ubers without heavy minion gear, even then they are questionable.

As for maxing ways vs 1pt, for spell damage. It is roughly 40-45% spell damage difference for 30 points invested.
Typical caster with good craft will have about 350-400% spell damage, so I don't think it is worth it. If it was 30 points for total spell damage to both, then maybe.

Yes they were useful for single player untwinked.
FallenAngel
Stone Warrior
31 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
I tried using Tielfling Form max block setup. Duncraig farming is really smooth. Fauztineville kill speed can be improved with better gear. One thing I noticed is that with zero defense I was going into hit recovery / block animation very frequently especially in Fauztineville. So I had to increase FHR and FBR to 200 and 174 respectively.

It seems Tiefling form and max block is the way to go for this build. Bremmtown was quite easy to complete. For Kabraxis I used TFS only and finally managed to get the charm after a long fight including two deaths.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Your videos are broken right now, it says the Youtube account tied to the videos has been terminated.
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
FallenAngel wrote:I tried using Tielfling Form max block setup. Duncraig farming is really smooth. Fauztineville kill speed can be improved with better gear. One thing I noticed is that with zero defense I was going into hit recovery / block animation very frequently especially in Fauztineville. So I had to increase FHR and FBR to 200 and 174 respectively.

It seems Tiefling form and max block is the way to go for this build. Bremmtown was quite easy to complete. For Kabraxis I used TFS only and finally managed to get the charm after a long fight including two deaths.

How is the Tiefling build going along?

I'm doing it right now and I have a lot of left over skill points. Granted I have yet to get the BRC skill, but I only really need 1 point in Vampiric Icon, right?

I have smax'd:
- TFS
- Perfect being
- Tiefling form
- Prismatic Cloak

Where else should my skill points go?

Also, I can't for the life of me even go through Torajan Jungles. Am I making a mistake by using a block build without min-max equipment?