Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
there isn't a cap. just hard diminishing return
Winrich
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/concepts/energyfactor
Shows the formula used for calculation.
From my understanding the 200 is a hard cap that limits the use of energy factor.
For example with 3000 energy you would only need 1000 EF to max the use of energy factor.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
energy * enr_factor /15000

Once that reaches 200 you have reached the max damage +enr_factor on items can provide all further damage is based on energy only then it's

260*(energy + 10)/(250 + energy) +200 = +spell damage
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Just for a clarification - vessel is a buff not a direct damage spell? After buffing it keeps its buffed statistics, regardless what stat screen says about vessel dmg after switch from buffing equipement ?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Ruubel wrote:Just for a clarification - vessel is a buff not a direct damage spell? After buffing it keeps its buffed statistics, regardless what stat screen says about vessel dmg after switch from buffing equipement ?

It's sort of both. It's a buff that automatically spams a direct damage spell (or something like that). Vessel damage is dynamic. That is, it's based on the gear/buffs/whatever you have at the time each individual missile is generated, not what gear/buffs/whatever you had when you activated the Vessel.

So, let's say you equip a weapon that boosts Vessel damage by +100 points, then you activate the Vessel skill. You'll only get that +100 boost as long as that weapon is equipped. If you swap to another weapon, you'll lose the previous damage boost even though the Vessel skill is still active.
Winrich
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Solfege wrote:
Ruubel wrote:Just for a clarification - vessel is a buff not a direct damage spell? After buffing it keeps its buffed statistics, regardless what stat screen says about vessel dmg after switch from buffing equipement ?

It's sort of both. It's a buff that automatically spams a direct damage spell (or something like that). Vessel damage is dynamic. That is, it's based on the gear/buffs/whatever you have at the time each individual missile is generated, not what gear/buffs/whatever you had when you activated the Vessel.

So, let's say you equip a weapon that boosts Vessel damage by +100 points, then you activate the Vessel skill. You'll only get that +100 boost as long as that weapon is equipped. If you swap to another weapon, you'll lose the previous damage boost even though the Vessel skill is still active.

So i would imagine that in such case the only thing that is getting a snapshot is the level of the skill and the duration of the skill.
All other stats of the active skill will be calculated every time a new projectile is fired.
Is that correct?

My paladin got a spear with pestilence skill in his second weapon slot. (Just for pre-casting of course)
I learned that having NEF runes socketed in it can not really improve the skill.
However socketing a suicide node into the spear would improve it.
Correct?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Winrich wrote:My paladin got a spear with pestilence skill in his second weapon slot. (Just for pre-casting of course)
I learned that having NEF runes socketed in it can not really improve the skill.
However socketing a suicide node into the spear would improve it.
Correct?

no. because of the reasons solfege just explained. new missiles are generated constantly, so whatever you have equipped as the new missiles are generated = spell damage
stoned1
Invader
8 | 1
i was a bit bored so i tryed to craft a set for the vesseldin but i ran into a little problem u say Craft armor with atleast 140 energy factor but i never got even close so i checked what the docs say and max spell factor on chests is 90 what am i missing there ?

Sacred Ancient armor-> Eerie Shrine crafted with at least +140 Energy spell factor

+(9 to 90) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
(6 to 12)% Bonus to Energy
+(6 to 28) to Energy
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Did you bless the armor as well? (Eerie shrine+Arcane Crystal on a crafted item)
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Which Merc would you recommend?