How to set up GLIDE WRAPPER + Borderless window (pimp your mxl)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Adryw
Destroyer
7 | 0
I have a 1920x1080 screen, i tried to use the windowed borderless gaming app and it does work, by adding black bars around to fit the resize. I thought the point was to stretch and play in borderless full screen? But with these black bars laying around shouldn’t i just need to go full screen sice the result are just the same? (In fullscreen mode the black bars are there)
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Are you getting black bars around the window from every side (top and bottom too), or just the right and left side? There were already ppl here who were running game basically in full screen mode and complained that game doesn't turn into wide screen aspect ratio.. (which is not supposed to happen) thats why I'm double checking.
jacksj1
Vampiress
36 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So if I tick shader-gamma is there a way to adjust the brightness/gamma ? Client was too dark to see anything which was fixed by unticking this option.

As an aside thanks to Playtime for posting the following - setting static size to no fixed my black borders issue.

[spoiler]
Playtime wrote:For people complaining about black bars. Set static size to "no", continue with the rest of the guide.
May or may not cause other effects, such as an odd scaling making the "size" of the window behave odd in relation to your cursor and screen position.

This is hard to word. When using no static size, the window is the same size in the background, even though it's scaled to the res you set...
So say your window is 800*600, and you use the borderless tool to go to 1920*1440. It will zoom the 800*600 into that resolution. But the window itself is the same size.
Which makes your cursor feel extremely accelerated. Since it's move the same distance across the same window... But it APPEARS that it's moving further across your screen, since the window you visually see, is the larger one.

With no static size set, you can manually adjust the size of the window beforehand to the size you want. Which if you set a random anything to the res you want. Let's say a notepad window, using the borderless tool. You can drag your D2 window out to the same size (notepad is a reference size) then once at the correct size, press your hotkey on the borderless tool to set D2 to borderless.

This will now do the same thing I tried to explain above, but now the windows are the same size. Thus far removing that problem entirely.

It's an unusual fix, and a little annoying to do all the time. But it works well enough.

[/spoiler]
ratty
Prowler
15 | 0
if it is not possible to play DirectDraw in full screen mode, would anyone be kind, and advise how to set Glide for max fps, because currently in act 3 I have around 10 fps when I am alone in the game. Very bad optimalisation ;/
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Primarch wrote:Lol why not just play in full screen if you want it stretched. The entire point of contention is maintaining 4:3 aspect ratio. Sure, I would love to have the detail/effects available in this guide in full-screen on my widescreen monitor but, given the resolution of the base game, I have to sacrifice a little screen space (black bars) in doing so. Unless there is some miracle way to adjust this, I don’t believe that’s possible man.

I wanted to use Borderless Windows mainly because of my monitor, it always turns on/off on the beginning/end of a cinematic or when entering/exiting the game to change from one resolution to another (this is normal but it's annoying), if using Borderless Window this doesn't happen because it uses the same resolution of my monitor don't needing to change to another and second is to be able to get all the features from windowed mode in full screen.
So according with Aerial it's really not possible to play with literally full screen since it won't stretch to a wide screen mode and will have the black bars around because it's 4:3 ratio.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
It can stretch if you uncheck "keep aspect ratio" in glide, but it looks like shit.
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
aerial wrote:Set 4:3 aspect in borderless tool, there is link to calculator. https://calculateaspectratio.com/ (set 4:3 while calculating res you want).
Resize window in borderless tool from 1024x768 to for example 1000x750 (18 pixels less height so it wont cover taskbar).

You can also use different borderless tool if thats giving you trouble, there is plenty of such apps ppl use for various video games.

Thanks I tried using 1000x750 and -18 to Y BUT... this is what happened... Print Screen link https://prnt.sc/ma3m45
Also is there a way to fix the Coloring problem shown with the blue marker ? I enabled super sampling but it seems like its behaving as if its disabled...Also I tried putting everything in Windows 8 Compatibility settings but the launcher seems to be reverting absolutely everything into Windows XP compatability mode which is pretty annoying =,=
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Just mess around with those settings, make it even smaller. If I input those, it doesn't cut off window like that.
I can for example set 1600x1200 window in glide, and then resize it to 800x600 with borderless tool, and it looks fine, just tiny window.
BrecMadak
Sasquatch
65 | 2
BrecMadak wrote:
aerial wrote:have you tried turning it off, does it make it worse?

It gets a bit worse, makes aliasing more prominent. Didn't have an influence on how the lightening works.

@aerial: I didn't get a reply to this. Is the screeny I shared normal? What can be done?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge