Zomg Xbow Necro | Gameplay Video Included!

potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
Gz mate!! Really smart to use bane monsters to hit off-screen!!
Bongobob
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
The Mangling Sting is great for this build. It allows you to have both RC and Death Ward.
da_shift
Prowler
19 | 0
how sure are you about spell damage with dragonfire oil?
Quash
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
When doing Ghosts of Old Bremmtown with this build... How do you not get instagibbed by the packs? It seems borderline impossible to advance carefully. They completely ignore my summons, and only pounce directly on my face every time.
seelenstein
Stone Warrior
31 | 1
Quash wrote:When doing Ghosts of Old Bremmtown with this build... How do you not get instagibbed by the packs? It seems borderline impossible to advance carefully. They completely ignore my summons, and only pounce directly on my face every time.

you can summon eydrems in front of you so the packs firstly pounce on them, it works with eydrems, dunno about other summons.
But i guess its quiet hard with this build
Aphex
Cultist
23 | 3
Quash wrote:When doing Ghosts of Old Bremmtown with this build... How do you not get instagibbed by the packs? It seems borderline impossible to advance carefully. They completely ignore my summons, and only pounce directly on my face every time.

Bremmtown took several tries before I started to get it right, and the first bit before you were able to start walking down the open areas was more luck than anything. The best strategy I found was to just stack your summons and summon your trash minion of choice at the edge of your sight range and start spamming voodoo on it for when they pounce, and slowly inch forward until you're in the clear. This often will end up costing you a lot of time though, and killing the dragon in time can become much harder. I had maybe 10 seconds left when I finally got it done.

Edit: Also, if you're finding they're pouncing on you too much, having your minions a bit closer to you can mean that your voodoo shot will target any of the monsters that pounce you, and hopefully prevent them from instagibbing you
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
I am having some trouble with J Day. I am RC'ing a totem in the lower western corner and using voodoo shot on my totem from a safe distance. I got the charm, but I'm struggling trying to get the upgrade. Whenever an avatar spawns, their Graveyard skill INSTANTLY melts my totem, and I get promptly raped. My killspeed isn't a problem at all because I can kill the avatars within 2 seconds. It's just the Graveyard punishers crushing my summons.

Tips?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Goodkidscc wrote:their Graveyard skill INSTANTLY melts my totem

Goodkidscc wrote:My killspeed isn't a problem at all because I can kill the avatars within 2 seconds.

One of those statements is not true. If you're killspeed is not a problem and you can instakill avatars, they will NEVER be able to buff themselves with Graveyard.

On the other side, if you're damage is low or if you are not attentive when an avatar spawns (disable -ns for that uber and play with sound), Malthael/Imperius will end up with 5% health, then cast invulnerability shield, Beacon and Graveyard and your game will be rekt.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Goodkidscc wrote:I am having some trouble with J Day. I am RC'ing a totem in the lower western corner and using voodoo shot on my totem from a safe distance. I got the charm, but I'm struggling trying to get the upgrade. Whenever an avatar spawns, their Graveyard skill INSTANTLY melts my totem, and I get promptly raped. My killspeed isn't a problem at all because I can kill the avatars within 2 seconds. It's just the Graveyard punishers crushing my summons.

Tips?

Not enough damage, otherwise your voodoo shot would be killing him before he even used graveyard
Also its good to have more than one summon with RC around like a few rampagers or a few leashless RC summons like bane monster
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Stealthmaster wrote:
Goodkidscc wrote:their Graveyard skill INSTANTLY melts my totem

Goodkidscc wrote:My killspeed isn't a problem at all because I can kill the avatars within 2 seconds.

One of those statements is not true. If you're killspeed is not a problem and you can instakill avatars, they will NEVER be able to buff themselves with Graveyard.

On the other side, if you're damage is low or if you are not attentive when an avatar spawns (disable -ns for that uber and play with sound), Malthael/Imperius will end up with 5% health, then cast invulnerability shield, Beacon and Graveyard and your game will be rekt.

Hmmm I was just assuming they automatically buff themselves when spawned, because Beacon goes off as soon as I kill them too.