The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
Are
Wind Runner

Wind Runner
Boots

'SilElqSilGul'
Runeword Level: 100
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
50% Attack Speed
10% Movement Speed
Adds 25-68 Damage
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
(12 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
boots worth use or I should use crafted ones?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
They are very good. More offensive option, since you lose vitality from craft, but gain bunch of good other stats.
I'm considering putting them as gear choice, because with merc setup this build can run teganze pretty well. Just not sure if 4 earth runes is not too much to ask for untwinked ssf build. Maybe if you go level from 120 to 125 exclusively in teganze.
youtube.com/ae1337
gigasbot
Prowler
16 | 0
Hi aerial, i downloaded median again to play offline but it is an older version 1.2 i believe, bear stance still gives ED and no cd for ice attacks, so i am currently leveling a barbarian to get some stuff...let me ask you, could you help me remember that old build you used, i think it was x20 bear, fortress point till 3s cd, 10 wolfs for sinergy and runemaster...maybe x10 spirit guide for ED ? Thanks, gigasbot
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
gigasbot wrote:Hi aerial, i downloaded median again to play offline but it is an older version 1.2 i believe, bear stance still gives ED and no cd for ice attacks, so i am currently leveling a barbarian to get some stuff...let me ask you, could you help me remember that old build you used, i think it was x20 bear, fortress point till 3s cd, 10 wolfs for sinergy and runemaster...maybe x10 spirit guide for ED ? Thanks, gigasbot

You can still find it in non-sigma guides. There is button "Old guide forum" on top of the page.
But pretty much yea, you can go bear with or without fortress.
Keep in mind that wolf stance offensive bonus is still much greater even than oldest bear stance with highest ed (which was nerfed and then removed, it was gradually nerfed iirc).
youtube.com/ae1337
kij
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
Regarding shrinecraft for armor/weapon, am I better off using ilvl 1 for additional mo space and better rolls or stick to higher ilvl?
Deathbringer
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Always use ilvl 99, you can hit up to 321-375 max flat damage for example which is not achievable with mos and ilvl 1 weapon
kij
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
Deathbringer wrote:Always use ilvl 99, you can hit up to 321-375 max flat damage for example which is not achievable with mos and ilvl 1 weapon

thank you
SuperJ
Invader
8 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Let's discuss end game load-outs for deathgaze. What would you wear for best performance in the Dimensional Labyrinths? I've heard max fire and cold resist, which basically means using pgems instead of runes. In that case, would it be better to spec out of rune master?

NotArmory Link

Current setup:
Helmet: Boarfrost MO'd with enhanced def usually socketed with 4 thai or 2 thai 2 jah. 50% Cold pierce, 5%CB, ewd and +%str seems unsurpassed best in-slot for dgaze, although I don't understand why there is spell damage boost on any barb helm.
I tried Warmonger. Don't see what all the fuss is about. AOE was meh.
Also made Algiz Xis RW barb helm for 5%CB, 25% vitality and str, %total char defense. Wasn't impressed.
Have a crafted helm with +2 barb skill and 13 to ancients hand. Used fascinating shrines for fire pierce.

Amulet: Dyer's eve mo'd with reduced physical damage. I guess best would be if you got lucky and landed +2 max elemental resists.

Rings: 2x Giant's Knuckle. MO'd physical damage reduction.
Maybe use 2x adrenaline rush in labrynth's for +1% max ele resist.

Armor: Khazra Plate 6x Jah Rune. Not blown away. HP takes a big hit to get all the str needed to wield this. Defense is great, but it seems like after about 700k def returns are diminishing. Even though most creatures have a "5%" chance to hit me, I still get hammered all the time. Maybe better on merc or if you get lucky and find Gotterdammerung then go full str.
I honestly feel Erawan is better. The 16% phys resist you can get and having the extra points for vitality just seem better imho. All jewels crafted with Ber for leech and have at least 45% AR. Some have FHR and IAS as well, but with Wolf Stance all break points are achieved so not all that important unless you're running around in Bear stance.

Boots: Wind Runner. Seems like a no brainer unless there is something that adds to max ele resist.

Gloves: Using crafted for some AR boost. Hammerfist, Facebreaker and Blind Anger all look decent. Retribution might be good for labs with the +4% max fire resist.
All Thai runes for resist. MO's are enhanced defense.

Belt: Truce, 11% physical resist. I have been trying Champion of the Triune. The debuff is sweet; hard to beat 5% CB and DS, but seems like physical resist seems more important at least when you're str build like I currently am.

Off-Hand Weapons:
Berserker bonus damage to bloodlust, +1 Gift of the Wild and +1 Bloodlust.
Qarak's Will for bonus damage to Bloodlust.
All sockets have Nih runes. Haven't MO'd yet but will probably use MO with increased buff duration.

Primary Weapon:
Wolfsangel RW. 10% avoid damage, 4% to Runemaster defense, +life based on level, 25% lvl 19 Earthquake on melee attack. Prepped a nice labrys luckied with 53% ED and 120% AR then MO'd with 5x 15% enhanced damage and a Larzuk's Round Shot UMO. 5 Jewels with at least 45% AR crafted with Ber runes for leech.

I also use Yaggai's Sagaris and Soldier of Light from time to time. Both solid. Yaggai's does most damage to a single target. Soldier of Light seems to be better for clearing crowds, but that 10% avoid damage on Wolfsangel and the bonus defense is hard to beat. Thinking about trying to craft some gloves and helm with lightning pierce and throw on some rings and ammy with lightning pierce as well to see if that makes a difference.

What do you guys think? Strategies to share?
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SuperJ wrote:Let's discuss end game load-outs for deathgaze. What would you wear for best performance in the Dimensional Labyrinths? I've heard max fire and cold resist, which basically means using pgems instead of runes. In that case, would it be better to spec out of rune master?

NotArmory Link

Current setup:
Helmet: Boarfrost MO'd with enhanced def usually socketed with 4 thai or 2 thai 2 jah. 50% Cold pierce, 5%CB, ewd and +%str seems unsurpassed best in-slot for dgaze, although I don't understand why there is spell damage boost on any barb helm.
I tried Warmonger. Don't see what all the fuss is about. AOE was meh.
Also made Algiz Xis RW barb helm for 5%CB, 25% vitality and str, %total char defense. Wasn't impressed.
Have a crafted helm with +2 barb skill and 13 to ancients hand. Used fascinating shrines for fire pierce.

Amulet: Dyer's eve mo'd with reduced physical damage. I guess best would be if you got lucky and landed +2 max elemental resists.

Rings: 2x Giant's Knuckle. MO'd physical damage reduction.
Maybe use 2x adrenaline rush in labrynth's for +1% max ele resist.

Armor: Khazra Plate 6x Jah Rune. Not blown away. HP takes a big hit to get all the str needed to wield this. Defense is great, but it seems like after about 700k def returns are diminishing. Even though most creatures have a "5%" chance to hit me, I still get hammered all the time. Maybe better on merc or if you get lucky and find Gotterdammerung then go full str.
I honestly feel Erawan is better. The 16% phys resist you can get and having the extra points for vitality just seem better imho. All jewels crafted with Ber for leech and have at least 45% AR. Some have FHR and IAS as well, but with Wolf Stance all break points are achieved so not all that important unless you're running around in Bear stance.

Boots: Wind Runner. Seems like a no brainer unless there is something that adds to max ele resist.

Gloves: Using crafted for some AR boost. Hammerfist, Facebreaker and Blind Anger all look decent. Retribution might be good for labs with the +4% max fire resist.
All Thai runes for resist. MO's are enhanced defense.

Belt: Truce, 11% physical resist. I have been trying Champion of the Triune. The debuff is sweet; hard to beat 5% CB and DS, but seems like physical resist seems more important at least when you're str build like I currently am.

Off-Hand Weapons:
Berserker bonus damage to bloodlust, +1 Gift of the Wild and +1 Bloodlust.
Qarak's Will for bonus damage to Bloodlust.
All sockets have Nih runes. Haven't MO'd yet but will probably use MO with increased buff duration.

Primary Weapon:
Wolfsangel RW. 10% avoid damage, 4% to Runemaster defense, +life based on level, 25% lvl 19 Earthquake on melee attack. Prepped a nice labrys luckied with 53% ED and 120% AR then MO'd with 5x 15% enhanced damage and a Larzuk's Round Shot UMO. 5 Jewels with at least 45% AR crafted with Ber runes for leech.

I also use Yaggai's Sagaris and Soldier of Light from time to time. Both solid. Yaggai's does most damage to a single target. Soldier of Light seems to be better for clearing crowds, but that 10% avoid damage on Wolfsangel and the bonus defense is hard to beat. Thinking about trying to craft some gloves and helm with lightning pierce and throw on some rings and ammy with lightning pierce as well to see if that makes a difference.

What do you guys think? Strategies to share?

Some tips for rifts:
Damage doesn't matter as much as survivability in rifts. You need to get your resists as close as possible to 90 as you can if you want to push T11+.

For Rifts you might want to switch your helmet to
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
(16 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)

Amulet you might want to switch out to a Lotteried
Death Ward
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
+(1 to 3) to All Skills
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Poison Resist +30%
Poison Length Reduced by 30%
30% Curse Length Reduction

or switch your rings out to adrenaline rush as you said.

Hell I'd probably even try and swap your 2H weapon for a
Headsman
Headsman
Hand Axe (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (316 - 331) to (420 - 435)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 376
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
25% Chance to cast level 13 Shockwave on Melee Attack
25% Attack Speed
Adds 250-350 Damage
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Damage
30% Gold Find
25% Magic Find
+(3 to 5) to Light Radius
Socketed (3)
and
Shield of Hakan II
Shield of Hakan II
Gothic Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (6995 - 7994) to (9190 - 10428)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Required Dexterity: 619
Item Level: 105
1% Base Block Chance
-25% Cast Speed
-50% to Spell Damage
Slows Attacker by 25%
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(2000 to 3000) Defense
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)
SuperJ
Invader
8 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So then it would be better to respec and use erawan with high vitality instead of high str khazra as well