The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Gearing is of course not as simple, you sometimes may wanna get more spelldamage/+skills rather than sacrificing everything to hit that capped pierce. You need to decide when pierce beats other stats, it isn't set in stone you HAVE TO get -130.
They still deal enough damage even without fully minmaxed gear. Also source of pierce isn't always crafted item.
I did try fire a3 merc on my last barb, because I used to have nice fire caster gear and jewels to use, but mechanically fire spells such as pyroblast just are bit clunky/slow for good clear, damage is there but the delay/aoe pattern seems worse than lightning merc which primarily uses forked lightning.
youtube.com/ae1337
Drakmori
Cultist
21 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Since 2.0 came out earthskaker skills don't require axes to use. So would it make a difference using different weapon types in endgame or going 1-handed shield combo? Like
Dawn
Dawn
Weapons

'Zol'
Runeword Level: 100
10% Chance to cast level 32 Celerity on Kill
45% Hit Recovery
(301 to 500)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
75% to Strength
75% to Dexterity
35% to Vitality
75% to Energy
+80 to Mana
60% Gold Find
+(2 to 4) to Light Radius
and
The Ancients' Legacy
The Ancients' Legacy
Gilded Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (15050 - 16085) to (17457 - 18740)
Chance to Block: 3%
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
+4 to Barbarian Skill Levels
2% Base Block Chance
40% Block Speed
Weapon Physical Damage +90%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+5000 Defense
30% Bonus to Defense
Requirements +250%
Socketed (4)
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Here was some comparison of 1h + shield combo, crafted sword + Snowstorm shield (because of added damage).
It isn't that far behind, but still a damage loss. I can't think of other significantly better shields.
Dawn is not that good because of 0 added damage, all it has is enhanced damage (and base damage of 1h weapons is fairly low).
youtube.com/ae1337
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but anyway; started a SP Earthquake barby. How does one deal with bosses? Earthquake is good farming, but bosses kinda fall rather slowly....

Also, I'm aiming for non elemental build, any tips fot TUs? I use that Labrys for now.
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
akbugger wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but anyway; started a SP Earthquake barby. How does one deal with bosses? Earthquake is good farming, but bosses kinda fall rather slowly....

Also, I'm aiming for non elemental build, any tips fot TUs? I use that Labrys for now.

Shower of Rocks my man.
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Enigma wrote:
akbugger wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but anyway; started a SP Earthquake barby. How does one deal with bosses? Earthquake is good farming, but bosses kinda fall rather slowly....

Shower of Rocks my man.

So, shower for bosses? Tnx man, I tought it was strictly a debuff for packs.
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
akbugger wrote:
Enigma wrote:

Shower of Rocks my man.

So, shower for bosses? Tnx man, I tought it was strictly a debuff for packs.

Yep, the new shower of rocks design makes it do a ton of single target damage vs stationary targets.

This characters biggest weakness appears to be bosses that move around a lot. So if you can figure out ways to make them stationary, shower of rocks will decimate them.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Do you think there's any way to make this build viable for Labs?
EnkerZan
Bone Archer
71 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Any tips for the Triune Inquisiter? I cannot beat this guy using this build. He just decimates me with poison wherever I walk and when I die he heals 25% life back basically resetting to full HP.
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
EnkerZan wrote:Any tips for the Triune Inquisiter? I cannot beat this guy using this build. He just decimates me with poison wherever I walk and when I die he heals 25% life back basically resetting to full HP.

It's very doable, just using basic TU plan you should do more than enough damage. If you have capped poison res you should be able to potion through some of his poison attacks. I'm not sure which one does the most, maybe the nova? He telegraphs it with the green star thing over his head and he goes immune when he's about to cast it. Just be sure to stay out of the rockfalls. You can fight sort of near the nest in the east corner to spawn a mosquito that when killed will heal you to full. Keep practicing it, the build is very capable of doing this fight with just TUs.