The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
To chose between mercy and savage, you can do simple math, how much strength will you lose, you have total str in d2stats and you have %str, so you can calculate. Assume average rolls.
I wouldn't be so sure that savage is better, because of flat damage on mercy, that isn't irrelevant. Even if difference in strength is worth just 50ewd, then flat damage can still pull you ahead.
youtube.com/ae1337
Zeke79
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aerial wrote:Bloodlust gives you enhanced damage, and each of those swords have extra bonus, so you get more powerful bloodlust if it procs while 2 of them are equipped. That line 30-60% bloodlust bonus.
This option is just more annoying because you need to proc it. while with berserker sword you can cast it on demand, which is the only way against certain bosses.
But as I said, this is minor thing, in lategame you gonna have 600ewd from skills/items, and then additional ~900% from strength, so adding extra 100~ to it doesn't change that much.

oh i c now. I for some reason assumed it only procs if you make the kill with the actual weapon. I wasnt aware it would proc even in offhand.
xunyi
Skeleton
2 | 0
hi thx for the guide, its really coool build 8-) . im just reaching the lvl100 and hell mode and starting to die often, still using the T4 TUs, can i use some set piece to help farming? have no idea of item craft...
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
You should be destroying everything until about 125 ubers with T4 uniques. Read exactly how to gear, what to upgrade items with, what to socket in them, make sure your reistances are capped and defense is high enough. You don't need to upgrade anything.
youtube.com/ae1337
Zonkerz
Fallen
1 | 0
Currently 125 and it's starting to get harder.

Do you have any transition from those RWs to make it to end game?

Do I just farm Duncraig forever until I get good SUs?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
You can still get further with basic gear, game is going to get harder as you progress, thats normal.
For self found su, duncraig would be your best bet, practically all of them can drop there (duncraig can't drop item level 130 uniques).
youtube.com/ae1337
ToKiss
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think, this build is no longer suitable in version 2.0 (the skills have changed, the amount of hp is not as high as the old versions, clear is slow, boss is also slow)!

I think you should replay, rebuild and redo the videos (you'll see what I mean above)!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nah, I played from scratch and it is smoothest build (almost like playing summoner / caster in older median)

I was kinda amazed how powerful it is, especially I cleared uber that I never cleared in older median (heroic shield, ultimative annoying uber design, required to get multiple damage type).

Going pure physical + %cb so far pretty good, even I can sleep walking in vizjun (just need enough life steal). Fauzt abit trickier, but main because Iazy to use SoR to kill necrobot (still finding alternative proc to kill them fast so I can sleepwalk farming)

But no doubt, gearing is abit tricky for SP. Getting enchanted rune is random, and you no longer can create dedicated elemental rune-only word. The only way to progress forward is to farm 400 signets, which is super easy with abundant of set amulet / rings. Another way is getting lucky with some craft (I got some, but I doubt it is considered godly).

this barb feel OP not because it was powerful (I still think heart of stone is OP) , but how easy since you dont have worry about anything aside from getting signets + resists.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
ToKiss wrote:I think, this build is no longer suitable in version 2.0 (the skills have changed, the amount of hp is not as high as the old versions, clear is slow, boss is also slow)!

I think you should replay, rebuild and redo the videos (you'll see what I mean above)!

I did replay the build, posted video from scosglen (level 130 uber).
It is completely different build, and in my opinion is stronger than before, because of earthquake skill. I left the old video links just for reference, they are outdated and it is noted.
It is for sure one of the strongest leveling builds, because of its power at level 2.
It really falls off at very end, scosglen is average clear, and it is also pretty bad for lab, for same reason, lack of good single target, and being super punished by teleporting bosses.

Btw, as for fauztinville, solution is merc that kils necrobots fast, gear abjurer with 130 lightning pierce and it will make huge difference, he will solo all necrobots with ease.
youtube.com/ae1337
lquidsilver
Cultist
20 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Out of curiosity, what would be the best cornerstone for this type of character?