The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1256 | 230
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Gearing is of course not as simple, you sometimes may wanna get more spelldamage/+skills rather than sacrificing everything to hit that capped pierce. You need to decide when pierce beats other stats, it isn't set in stone you HAVE TO get -130.
They still deal enough damage even without fully minmaxed gear. Also source of pierce isn't always crafted item.
I did try fire a3 merc on my last barb, because I used to have nice fire caster gear and jewels to use, but mechanically fire spells such as pyroblast just are bit clunky/slow for good clear, damage is there but the delay/aoe pattern seems worse than lightning merc which primarily uses forked lightning.
youtube.com/ae1337
Drakmori
Cultist
20 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Since 2.0 came out earthskaker skills don't require axes to use. So would it make a difference using different weapon types in endgame or going 1-handed shield combo? Like
Dawn
Dawn
Weapons

'Zol'
Runeword Level: 100
10% Chance to cast level 32 Celerity on Kill
45% Hit Recovery
(301 to 500)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
75% to All Attributes
+80 to Mana
60% Gold Find
+(2 to 4) to Light Radius
and
The Ancients' Legacy
The Ancients' Legacy
Gilded Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (15050 - 16085) to (17457 - 18740)
Chance to Block: 3%
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Indestructible
+4 to Barbarian Skill Levels
2% Base Block Chance
40% Block Speed
Enhanced Weapon Damage +90%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+5000 Defense
30% Bonus to Defense
Requirements +250%
Socketed (4)
aerial
Cow Ninja
1256 | 230
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Here was some comparison of 1h + shield combo, crafted sword + Snowstorm shield (because of added damage).
It isn't that far behind, but still a damage loss. I can't think of other significantly better shields.
Dawn is not that good because of 0 added damage, all it has is enhanced damage (and base damage of 1h weapons is fairly low).
youtube.com/ae1337
akbugger
Bone Archer
79 | 1
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but anyway; started a SP Earthquake barby. How does one deal with bosses? Earthquake is good farming, but bosses kinda fall rather slowly....

Also, I'm aiming for non elemental build, any tips fot TUs? I use that Labrys for now.
Enigma
Cog
204 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
akbugger wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but anyway; started a SP Earthquake barby. How does one deal with bosses? Earthquake is good farming, but bosses kinda fall rather slowly....

Also, I'm aiming for non elemental build, any tips fot TUs? I use that Labrys for now.

Shower of Rocks my man.
akbugger
Bone Archer
79 | 1
Enigma wrote:
akbugger wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but anyway; started a SP Earthquake barby. How does one deal with bosses? Earthquake is good farming, but bosses kinda fall rather slowly....

Shower of Rocks my man.

So, shower for bosses? Tnx man, I tought it was strictly a debuff for packs.
Enigma
Cog
204 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
akbugger wrote:
Enigma wrote:

Shower of Rocks my man.

So, shower for bosses? Tnx man, I tought it was strictly a debuff for packs.

Yep, the new shower of rocks design makes it do a ton of single target damage vs stationary targets.

This characters biggest weakness appears to be bosses that move around a lot. So if you can figure out ways to make them stationary, shower of rocks will decimate them.
eurekaaaa
Core Lord
375 | 0
Do you think there's any way to make this build viable for Labs?