The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
I was looking at your fight vs Rathma and Mendeln in the void and I was wondering why you were just running around casting fortress? Isn't the boss a purify one? Did they change it recently?
Also i tried fighting Rathma and Mendeln and only targeting Rathma with purify but Mendeln died almost instantly for some reason. did i accidentally hit him or what went wrong? I thought Mendeln was immune to all dmg except purify.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
It is still purify fight, its uldyssian that was changed to normal damage.
Fortress is to apply slows target, so they move slower = easier to control them. But you don't need to really do it, there is nothing else to do during that fight.

Mendeln can die to rathma attacks very quickly, if you just let them fight and not do anything fight ends in like 20s, where Mendeln eats multiple shots from rathma and dies. Sometimes their attacks can get desynched and you can't even see them (black wave thing). Each of those takes decent chunk of hp.
It is Rathma that can't die fast in this fight and you must grind him down slowly, while keeping Mendeln alive, just to properly time that final rathma shot to kill him while hes at that 1% hp so after that he dies to your purify within 60s so you can cube your charm.
youtube.com/ae1337
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Hello do u recommend
The Grandfather
The Grandfather
Great Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (219 - 254) to (336 - 396)
Two-Hand Damage: (312 - 347) to (423 - 483)
Required Level: 120
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
+400% Deadly Strike
-5% Deadly Strike per 1% Attack Speed
Adds (75 to 110)-(180 to 240) Damage
(150 to 300)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(30 to 40) to Ancients' Hand
+50 to all Attributes
Maximum Life +(5 to 7)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
for samael runs? , or
Thunder King of Sescheron
Thunder King of Sescheron
Kriegsmesser (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 57
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 642
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Stormblast: +1 Projectile
Thundergod Nova Deals 5000 Lightning Damage
Lightning Shield: +(18 to 30) Lightning Damage to Weapon per Skill Level
20% Chance to cast level 10 Life Spark on Melee Attack
Adds (200 to 300)-(450 to 600) Lightning Damage
-(30 to 40)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+10 to Stormblast
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
100% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
is still the main way?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
It was nerfed in 1.1:
THE GRANDFATHER: Deadly Strike reduced to 400%, down from 500%. Modifier is now single wield only
THUNDER KING OF SESCHERON: Stormblast modifier is now single wield only

So this combo no longer works. And if you would use just grandfather as 2h, I think you will be too slow as dual wield required less ias for high breakpoint.
I'd just go axe, ideally something like eth su labrys if you managed to trade it.
youtube.com/ae1337
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Ty. and what about stance is lion or wolf?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Lion because crushing blow will do nothing here, and lion is overall more damage if you factor in bonus magic damage.
You generally go full glass canon vs this boss, just not to die to lightning damage from invisible turret. Other things you play to not get hit and maximize your dps output.
youtube.com/ae1337
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
is there a way to reach the max ress without using a shield ? , in using sleep laz and zan esus stone but my resist during the fight is 87 and becomes a bit hard when 3 worms spawns.
daresso
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Aerial’s a beast as always.
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Orr wrote:is there a way to reach the max ress without using a shield ? , in using sleep laz and zan esus stone but my resist during the fight is 87 and becomes a bit hard when 3 worms spawns.

You may have figured this out by now, but I've been looking into getting high max res on a labs char these past couple of days so thought I'd chip in. Full disclosure, I have no experience with this fight - I am just theorycrafting.

Obviously you have +6/7 from Sleep:Laz, Kabraxis and Azmodan already.
Hide of the Basilisk SSU gives +4 light, but you may want to use Natasha's in this slot anyway (-2 to +5), or just get Tyrael's Might - I hear they're really common... :D
Witchhunters Helm is 2% max res all as you probably know. However, x4 light Barb Helm gives +6 max light and +10 absorb and a huge Vitality bonus as well.
Dementia belt SSU gives another +1 all if you happen to have one.
Adrenaline rush x2 and Death Ward can combine for another +3 (+4-5 if you can lotto the amulet).

So put simply: Charms @ 6 (min) + easy(ish) 3 on jewelry + easy 6 in helm = 15 + 75base = 90 max. To be honest, I'd go Natasha's if you can and get +3 (hopefully) max res on that (plus all the other juicy mods) and free up your jewlery - might be cheaper. But there are some other options too as you can see.

I, for one, would be interested in how you get on as I'd love to be able to kill Sam myself next season using a 2h barb :).

ps. forgot you had a Zan Esu - just makes this even more flexible for you.
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
riddyl wrote:.

i give up on him already 2x adrenaline rush,and death ward take to much pierce my dps on him drop slighty in waiting to patch notes to see changes to try him again.