The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Yea and try get less str if you can, because later in the game with more charms that str will be "wasted" you want have more vitality. I'd stay closer to 250. Not huge deal though.
Shendelzare
Destroyer
7 | 0
aerial wrote:Fortress (AHK): when you can't melee / extra damage (switch from bear to cast).

How exactly does this AHK script work? I'm pretty bad with AHK...
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
I think it is explained in commentary.
You bind fortress to 1 key, bear stance to another, and 3rd key to activate script.
Press it (in this case its spacebar) it will switch from bear stance to fortress (beacuse you cant cast fortress while bear is active it locks ranged skills). Sou you hold spacebar a bit, it switches to fortress casts it, and as soon as you release spacebar, it automatically switches back to bear stance (giving you defense bonus). This way it will work with high latancy, lag, you can hold space for split second enough for fortress to trigger. F12 suspends script so you can type within d2 client (otherwise every time you would use spacebar it would activate script, and you dont want that while typing in chat).

OR.. you can just manually switch from bear to fortress with keybind, cast fortress, and switch back to bear stance. This script is just quality of life feature, not mandatory to play.
cyngiel
Cultist
24 | 4
Tips for skill order? I'm thinking about Stance>Ancient blood>Wolf>Fortress but I'm kinda fresh since I played one ladder only
Shendelzare
Destroyer
7 | 0
aerial wrote:I think it is explained in commentary.
You bind fortress to 1 key, bear stance to another, and 3rd key to activate script.
Press it (in this case its spacebar) it will switch from bear stance to fortress (beacuse you cant cast fortress while bear is active it locks ranged skills). Sou you hold spacebar a bit, it switches to fortress casts it, and as soon as you release spacebar, it automatically switches back to bear stance (giving you defense bonus). This way it will work with high latancy, lag, you can hold space for split second enough for fortress to trigger. F12 suspends script so you can type within d2 client (otherwise every time you would use spacebar it would activate script, and you dont want that while typing in chat).

OR.. you can just manually switch from bear to fortress with keybind, cast fortress, and switch back to bear stance. This script is just quality of life feature, not mandatory to play.

Instructions unclear. Bound Fortress to V and Bear Stance to D *as the script says. Pressing Spacebar does nothing except turn off the Automap. Didn't edit the ahk script at all, just copy/pasted the raw data into notepad++ and saved as .ahk and ran the script (it's active in the taskbar).
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Shendelzare wrote:Instructions unclear. Bound Fortress to V and Bear Stance to D *as the script says. Pressing Spacebar does nothing except turn off the Automap. Didn't edit the ahk script at all, just copy/pasted the raw data into notepad++ and saved as .ahk and ran the script (it's active in the taskbar).

Maybe unbind spacebar in the game client so it doesn't do anything there?
It is really basic script should work, if it doesn't just do it manually, It is optional.

cyngiel wrote:Tips for skill order? I'm thinking about Stance>Ancient blood>Wolf>Fortress but I'm kinda fresh since I played one ladder only

You have enough points to spread points as they are as you level, don't need to save any points. You can't dump 20 points into skill in a1, game doesn't allow for that.
Cytidine
Destroyer
6 | 0
Shendelzare wrote:Instructions unclear. Bound Fortress to V and Bear Stance to D *as the script says. Pressing Spacebar does nothing except turn off the Automap. Didn't edit the ahk script at all, just copy/pasted the raw data into notepad++ and saved as .ahk and ran the script (it's active in the taskbar).

Make sure to run the script file as administrator, otherwise it won't work with the D2 client. And like Aerial said, unbind space (I think it's bound to "Clear Screen" by default.
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
A few questions from a noob:

1. I have the TU Labrys, and I accidentally did the wrong cube recipe where I upgraded the item without putting a rune in. Do I need to create another unique so that I can upgrade it properly, or when I upgrade it with a rune next time, it will work?

2. Eventually, Wrathchild will cost at least 300 strength. Will we get items that give a lot of strength and that's why we only put 250 in?

3. Why is it good to have the chest as ethereal? How do we make it indestructible?

Thanks!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
CircaG wrote:A few questions from a noob:

1. I have the TU Labrys, and I accidentally did the wrong cube recipe where I upgraded the item without putting a rune in. Do I need to create another unique so that I can upgrade it properly, or when I upgrade it with a rune next time, it will work?

2. Eventually, Wrathchild will cost at least 300 strength. Will we get items that give a lot of strength and that's why we only put 250 in?

3. Why is it good to have the chest as ethereal? How do we make it indestructible?

Thanks!

1. You can cube it with 2 crystals and rune to get unique with correct stats just like you made unique from scratch. I don't know if you can upgrade it to next tier unique if you do it with rune, never tried on mistakenly upgraded unique.
2. You gonna have way more stats than that, 250 is generous. Ancient armor for runeword requires about 700 strength. You will have lot of stats from charms, items, challenges, even your passive mountain king gives you stats. it all adds up. Axe is one of the easiest pieces to equip.
3. Ethereal has 50% more base defense. You can either socket 1 indestructible jewel in it, or just ignore it and make 6 jahs. If it breaks, make new one, itll last very long time before it breaks. They are cheap to make. You also wanna upgrade it to runeword so this armor isnt gonna serve you that long.
Crema
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
Hey Aerial, thanks again for another guide \o/.
Quick question: Why have you not taken the Daedalus talent - but instead put more points into Ancient Blood and Wolf Companion - do we not need the damage or are the wolfs stronger than before?
Just wondering.