The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Based
Acid Prince
48 | 1
So this is my current character: https://tsw.vn.cz/char/ungillable

So i think the only real slots that are worth upgrading are belt and gloves, but im not really sure what is better. Belt seems hard considering how much LL Wormtongue gives and i just dont know what are good gloves that are better. Mercy looks decent but i dont know how much better it is or if its worth. I have the Witchhunters helm as well for some added survivability, it feels marginally noticeable in Scosglen. Also find it hard to replace the gloves since the replacement needs to still have me hit 5.4k str for weapon.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
For gloves/belt/boots/amulet it is pretty difficult to select strong endgame choice that beats early options/crafts. Especially if we want to maintain high strength to equip gotter axe.
I'm open to suggestions for these slots.
Black Void
Black Void
Heavy Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3060 - 3442) to (3304 - 3717)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 120
20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
(10 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
Slow Target 10%
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Target Takes Additional Damage of (25 to 50)
30% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
seems ok for the belt, slow is nice, leech is nice, but flat damage is rather low.
Champion of the Triune
Champion of the Triune
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 5209 to 6598
Required Level: 115
Required Strength: 665
Ethereal
6% Chance to cast level 1 Force Blast on Melee Attack
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
5% Deadly Strike
+200% Enhanced Defense
+(100 to 1000) Defense
Elemental Resists -15%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (2)
has ds but no stats.
Wind Runner

Wind Runner
Boots

'SilElqSilGul'
Runeword Level: 100
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
50% Attack Speed
10% Movement Speed
Adds 25-68 Damage
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
(12 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
again no stats but decent added damage
Beads of the Snake Queen
Beads of the Snake Queen
Amulet

4% Chance to cast level 33 Scorpion Blade on Kill
Adds 5-10 Damage
Stun Attack
+(200 to 500) Defense
(20 to 25)% to Strength
(20 to 25)% to Dexterity
+100 Life after each Kill
%stats but nothing really else
youtube.com/ae1337
Jovoman
Cog
232 | 3
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
aerial wrote:For gloves/belt/boots/amulet it is pretty difficult to select strong endgame choice that beats early options/crafts. Especially if we want to maintain high strength to equip gotter axe.
I'm open to suggestions for these slots.
Black Void
Black Void
Heavy Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3060 - 3442) to (3304 - 3717)
Required Strength: 625
20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
(10 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
Slow Target 10%
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Target Takes Additional Damage of (25 to 50)
30% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
seems ok for the belt, slow is nice, leech is nice, but flat damage is rather low.
Champion of the Triune
Champion of the Triune
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Ethereal
5% Deadly Strike
+200% Enhanced Defense
+(100 to 1000) Defense
Elemental Resists -15%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (2)
has ds but no stats.
Wind Runner

Wind Runner
Boots

'SilElqSilGul'
Runeword Level: 100
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
50% Attack Speed
10% Movement Speed
Adds 25-68 Damage
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
(12 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
again no stats but decent added damage
Beads of the Snake Queen
Beads of the Snake Queen
Amulet

4% Chance to cast level 33 Scorpion Blade on Kill
Adds 5-10 Damage
Stun Attack
+(200 to 500) Defense
(20 to 25)% to Strength
(20 to 25)% to Dexterity
+100 Life after each Kill
%stats but nothing really else

i am atm using
Champion of the Triune
Champion of the Triune
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Ethereal
5% Deadly Strike
+200% Enhanced Defense
+(100 to 1000) Defense
Elemental Resists -15%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (2)
i feel its atm bis when u already stacking quite decent deadly strike, force blast proc is kinda nice but also the huge defenese on the belt, even with one ko in it + indestructible jewel its good defense for runemaster.

for gloves:
Mercy
Mercy
Gloves

'LewElq'
Runeword Level: 110
10% Chance to cast level 18 Punishers on Melee Attack
10% Combat Speeds
+(59 to 69) to Maximum Damage
+26 Defense
+(151 to 200) to Strength
(15 to 20)% to Vitality
are giving less dmg then the yst fel ka runeword gloves when u about 4500 strength + , also the strength from mercy gloves are like +15 in base strength total above those yst fel ka runeword gloves, if u roll a decent attribute roll and ofc good lum crafted jewel with % str on top.

i remember that black void offered back in the day deadly strike too? seems they removed it.

windrunner are a decent boost for AR, dmg and big life leech,

for ultimate skill:

atm i am trying out gladiators dominance for big a.. deadly strike +22% on top , but u really loosing so much defense, areas till 120 are working with gladiators very good but when u trying some players + games or vizjun or even scosglen or fauzt, u feel the big difference in defense, even big uebers which u need to fight in meele ( kabraxis, astrogha, or farming set for valthek, even uldy or ascendant riftwalker) u recognize the defenese loose,

for ammy i thought maybe
Lamen of the Archbishop
Lamen of the Archbishop
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+4 to All Skills
+ 1 lucky skill for more ds, but then again u loose %str and dex for ar,
still tricky to get a good balance, but what i can say yst fel ka runeword gloves are feeling better when u have 4500+ strength than mercy.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Going some sort of UMO project with lamen is always an option, but very cost inefficient.
Rare amulet will still probably win, you can get some nice combos, with big flat life.
youtube.com/ae1337
boxgap
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
just want to say thanks for guide!

first time ever i have been able to get most charms my self
Diconius
Invader
8 | 1
REALLY enjoying this build. Came back after a bit of a break, played most the minion builds Median has to offer in the past but I wanted something a bit more durable after trying so many glass cannons (oof). I'm just getting to early rifts/dungeons in all T4 gear, should I add specific bases to my filter for crafting? Is there a good quick step by step on how to craft a solid upgrade from the T4 or should I just farm until I find the SU or runes to make the Grief?

Also, does ethereal matter for +damage in Median? Should I be hunting for some insanely rare eth superior labrys with 6 sockets?

Final question, how does Priestess ranger stack up compared to the A3? She gets a tons of bonuses for us and the miasma bow super debuffs enemies right?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
There isn't really anything special about crafting, spam shirnes. They arent that great upgrades in many cases, so you need hit decent roll. Bases aren't that important honestly, except weapon.
Ethereal base is good for runeword, so definitely worth keeping eye on them, especially for weapon if youre going for grief.

As for merc it really depends if you can keep it alive, because a1 are tricky to do so. If it doesn't die, by all means use whatever works.

On unrelated note, i was wondering about endgame usage of lion stance, comparing in to wolf stance.
25 points lion stance ends at around 200ewd and 150-200% str as magic damage. with gotter and 5400 strength this would be 8-11k added magic damage, via sor would add 13k-17,5k. You'd lose about 200 ewd from wolf stance (which adds total of around 400).
Physical res penalty and attack speed is often neglible vs certain bosses. Deadly strike doesn't double this magic damage, which is downside.
youtube.com/ae1337
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
aerial wrote:There isn't really anything special about crafting, spam shirnes. They arent that great upgrades in many cases, so you need hit decent roll. Bases aren't that important honestly, except weapon.
Ethereal base is good for runeword, so definitely worth keeping eye on them, especially for weapon if youre going for grief.

As for merc it really depends if you can keep it alive, because a1 are tricky to do so. If it doesn't die, by all means use whatever works.

On unrelated note, i was wondering about endgame usage of lion stance, comparing in to wolf stance.
25 points lion stance ends at around 200ewd and 150-200% str as magic damage. with gotter and 5400 strength this would be 8-11k added magic damage, via sor would add 13k-17,5k. You'd lose about 200 ewd from wolf stance (which adds total of around 400).
Physical res penalty and attack speed is often neglible vs certain bosses. Deadly strike doesn't double this magic damage, which is downside.

Loss of Wolf's movement speed is the other factor? It would be a slow and clunky character without it.
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
aerial wrote:25 points lion stance ends at around 200ewd and 150-200% str as magic damage. with gotter and 5400 strength this would be 8-11k added magic damage

Would be super OP but Lion stance doesn't scale with total str, just base str -> bonus damage is hard capped at 3995 average magic possible bonus damage if I did my math right
PresidentLoki
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is this or WW the only real builds for barbs? Why is there no summoner barb? Is it not viable late game? Sorry I’m new just started a few days ago