The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Ever_A_Noob
Pit Knight
110 | 1
Hey Aerial, thanks so much for all your hard work on this build + answering questions. Would appreciate your opinion on armor:

I recently found a
Screen of Viz-Jaq'Taar
Screen of Viz-Jaq'Taar
Quilted Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (11132 - 11789) to (12317 - 12993)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 105
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(5000 to 6000) Defense
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
(only SU I've found actually). Full of Jahs it's 15k defense + a bunch of actually useful reanimates. OTOH is a sacred ancient
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
, the 15% DR is great and STR and VIT boosts are nice, but I sacrifice >100k def + meatshields for the %DR. As my runemaster level increases, it seems the Erawan will become less valuable.

I guess my question is: Can I get high enough defense to compensate for the lack of %DR?

Vith belt + Bloodbonds + lucky rolls? Can I stack enough life + integer damage reduction to make this viable for lvl120 Ubers?

Thanks.
P3RTURB4TOR
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Hello everyone, i have question, what Helm\gloves and boots you are use in this build? At now i use Featherclaw (4), crafted greaves and Cornucopia helm. what main stats need on crafted helm/gloves etc, ty
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
P3RTURB4TOR wrote:Hello everyone, i have question, what Helm\gloves and boots you are use in this build? At now i use Featherclaw (4), crafted greaves and Cornucopia helm. what main stats need on crafted helm/gloves etc, ty
\

Everything is in first post. Tu into crafts, and what stat priority.

Ever_A_Noob wrote:Hey Aerial, thanks so much for all your hard work on this build + answering questions. Would appreciate your opinion on armor:

I recently found a
Screen of Viz-Jaq'Taar
Screen of Viz-Jaq'Taar
Quilted Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (11132 - 11789) to (12317 - 12993)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 105
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(5000 to 6000) Defense
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
(only SU I've found actually). Full of Jahs it's 15k defense + a bunch of actually useful reanimates. OTOH is a sacred ancient
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
, the 15% DR is great and STR and VIT boosts are nice, but I sacrifice >100k def + meatshields for the %DR. As my runemaster level increases, it seems the Erawan will become less valuable.

I guess my question is: Can I get high enough defense to compensate for the lack of %DR?

Vith belt + Bloodbonds + lucky rolls? Can I stack enough life + integer damage reduction to make this viable for lvl120 Ubers?

Thanks.

You can't really compare damage reduction to defense. Defense is chance to get hit, damage reduction is essentially health, more life would be equivalent of it (so for example kra chest with +500 life). Deeper you progress with this build defense will not be a problem, and then DR starts winning.
That chest can be good in certain places because of reanimates, more than defense, this is for example teganze, because reanimates help absorb those hits.
You can easily make 15k defense chest with kra runeword, so for that i'd just use it. But overall I value damage reduction more and prefere nih rw.
You should have plenty of defense from other sources, including total character defense mo on multiple slots.
youtube.com/ae1337
spoons420
Skeleton
2 | 0
Image hey ariel thanks for the awesome build. im trrying to figureo ut why im lacking defense and having so much trouble doing the 120 challenges and up... any idea what i would be doing wrong?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
1. Helm, 75% enhanced defense, should be 200%, thats priority to get that. This helm is pretty bad in general, why are you using it, it has 6% dexterity and thats it. You can roll one with up to 25% strength, that is main incentive to go for crafted helm over TU. If you are crafting at least get good craft roll/bless and defense.
2. Amulet is meh, any rare with skills and +flat life would be better. Teganze unique with % life as well. Remember that your total health pool is as important as defense. Same goes with rings, empyrean band miles better than rares, but you can hold off on getting that, because assurs bane from duncraig is even better.
3. TU Chain gloves - easily upgradeable from tu, should have crafted that before helm - also more defense.
4. Chest %defense. Maximum @ 120 you can get is: Superior 35% + lucky 20% + 5x 15% (from MO) = 75%, and then maximum roll from RW on top of all this +171%. That is total of 301% enhanced defense with level req 120. That adds a lot of extra defense.
5. Same with belt: superior+lucky+MO and runeword AFTER that, allows to exceed 200% ed cap. Belt this way can get up to 330% enhanced defense (yours is 216).
6. Boots, also can graduate to crafted boots with +all stats/life and greaves with 200% ed will have more defense than T4 chain boots. But I'd upgrade this probably as last thing.
7. If you really plan a bit what resists MO and where you use, you should be able to squeeze quite bit more of TCD on armors here and there, to the point almost every slot has 5 of those MO, which adds quite a bit too.
youtube.com/ae1337
spoons420
Skeleton
2 | 0
thanks alot for the reply! this is my first playthrough on this server in years and i never really got super far so all the help is usefull! greatly appreciated1
Matata
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Last time I followed this guide instead of wolf stance it was Bear stance that was being maxed. Really loved how tanky the char would get. Was just curious why the change in the stances? I understand it has to do with some changes introduced in the latest patch but I have no clue what exactly. Thanks for the guide btw, great job.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Check out 2nd line in 1st paragraph, on top of the 1st post, there is link to nerfs.
youtube.com/ae1337
BluceRee
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hey aerial. I was wondering what stat i put my signets of learning into. str or vit? I also saw you do the lvl 105 challenges and i don't understand how you have 800+ str. Im level 114 with only 615 str. what am i doing wrong?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Stat distribution is in the pic that shows skill tree, red font. 250-300 str, or later with more charms possible even go full str.
You will get enough stats if you have items from the list with proper upgrades and sockets. Str is easy to manipulate, if you need more, just slap more str runes for example, or put +25 str flat on uniques via MO.
youtube.com/ae1337