The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
This charm only has 1 skill and 1-3 max res, you can just come there when you are 130 and itll be easier.
youtube.com/ae1337
Robotak
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Hey, i managed to beat astroga, but i have few questions. What does that brutal slow? killing totem? In your video you dont seem to suffer much from it, but i had it on me almost all the time. Also im 20K hp and i got oneshoted there really often, i thought in Sigma there are no 1 HKO? or how tanky you have to be to survive? Thanks for reply.

Afterall not that bad i got rewarded with 499 life charm :D
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
If you kill totem, you are slowed (that green debuff), it makes you die to whatever 1 hit, usually darklings. You can still sometimes run away, but if anything touches you = dead.
Another thing is frozen orb, it always 1 shots, its triggered when you get too close to the boss. You can try to shift+attack it from slightly further range (2h axes have quite long range) to prevent it.
youtube.com/ae1337
blah2224
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
for the TU fanged helm ( lion stance bonus ), does it mean that I'll have the skill when equip or it just +bonus to the skill and I still have to give up my right mouse slot for it instead of bear stance ? Also if it's the case which helm do you recommend ? Is the infinite mana really good compared to other options ?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Infinite mana good for leveling, early, on, for swap vs some high hp punching bags such as uldyssian minibosses.
Lion stance helm you need swap to lion from bear to get the bonus, but vs certain bosses bear does nothing and it is worth it (vs bosses that don't deal any physical damage and defense is useless)
Otherwise I'd stick to lavadome helm, for more life.

You want to be using stance all the time, its like paladin auras, must have.
youtube.com/ae1337
haemoneptra
Pit Knight
100 | 2
First of all, that you very much Aerial for the guide. This is my first time playing Median and im having a blast.
A question:
im currently doing Teganze. However, i seem to get no Essences and Runestones drops whatsoever. Ive cleared the map twice now.... Any idea?
Next, is there a strategy to Imperius? He's just being a dick to me, i get molested by his summons in a matter of milliseconds.... I have the charm already, but looking for the 1 min extra reward.
Thank you again in advance.
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Teganze is rng, sometimes you get 4-5 essences/runes, sometimes 0.

Imo best way to do j-day 1 min is kill Imperius first, then Malthael. Imperius is definitely the more difficult of the two due to the slow that is put on you so he'll probably take longer to kill depending on how quickly you can nuke him down in that initial moment. Get a poison shrine if you can, run down the walkway, wait 1 sec for his adds to start to walk to you and jitan's gate to behind imperius and the adds and nuke the piss out of him. If that doesn't finish him off, kite with fortress until he's dead. Malthael is a similar strat but will be much easier because you aren't constantly slowed. Nuke him and get out of the deathstrike black stuff, use fortress liberally and hope you can get him down in less than a minute. At least that's what I did for J-day.
dixdix
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi,

Do you think aidan's lament is better than the TU helms listed in the guide? I'm not sure how the dmg to demons and undead work. ThankS!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
1. Essences in Teganze
As stated before, they are quite.. rare. It isn't good build to farm it, will be slow and annoying to drink so many potions (you can't leech in this area). What helps great deal there is reanimates. But If i was going to farm either xis runes or traders chest upgrade (25 essences), I'd respec to summon barb. It is ridiculously easy with summoner, because summons take all the hits and they never die, take very little damage from those types of enemies.

2. Jday strategy
I've killed it multiple times this way in video, poison shrine and order I did. You don't technically need poison shrine as long as you gonna keep popping potions as soon as you get poisoned (it cancels poison). But you need to react fast, its impossible to dodge punisher while in melee.
Malthel is most dangerous with these deathstrikes, so it is important to move in time.
It is hard for me to give you more tips, because I really didn't have much problems with this quest, and tried it multiple times, always success.

3. Aidan's lament su crown
Good item, but nothing really spectacular. Charged strike from it is good, and makes it worth keeping, thats your astrogha kill right there, if you find this early.
Damage to undead is quite valuable, for example monsters in duncraig all souls are undead, so it works like EWD. That's part of the reason why assur rings are so good, they also have that mod. Demons are less common, can't think of uber that has lot of them, but it would be nice there too for sure.
Downside of this item is you gonna lose lot of life, and if you went full strength, you will lose lot of str from crafted creepy helm.
youtube.com/ae1337
haemoneptra
Pit Knight
100 | 2
Thanks for the replies, Aerial and Dominos!

On Teganze, the speed is quite OK for me. I use the T4 fanged helm with lion stance as the most damage isnt physical. Cleanup with fortress is quite fast + the helm also has a 8% chance for zombie reanimation. u get 4-5 zombies pretty fast, which, as you said, help with damage mitigation.

again, thanks for the tips. Love the forum!