The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
tourian
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
Dugma wrote:Cant get the AHK Script to work.... started AHK as admin, loaded the script aaaand nothing works... pressed f12 multiple times, reloaded the script, correctly binded the spells.

is it a problem with the game being in window mode?

Not at all. The script is easy and straightfoward. D2 isn't that complex of a game and thus doesn't require overly complex scripting. I've created an AHK thread here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29283 , or find me on discord ox#7331 if you need more help.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Script is entirely optional btw, you can always switch that manually.
There are builds that I feel benefit from scripts lot more, imagine playing neutradin and constantly casting those buffs.
youtube.com/ae1337
Xunametra
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
I willingly admit that I suck at the game, but I'm struggling with how to deal with elemental damage on this build. I'm around 105, and most of the content is just cakewalk so far, nothing physical hits me. But, for example, trying to get to the sunless angels and kill them without dying is a nightmare.. half the time I literally don't know what's killing me, I'm nowhere near the ball things but getting damage "pulsed" on me repeatedly.

Is there a lot of merit in moing some leech or life on attack to get through it? This is the first in your face melee I've leveled in median, and most of my other characters reaching this point have 80% all res from pgems still, while the warrior is using runes and thus stuck at 75.

Am I missing a vital piece of the puzzle? At ~105 I have ~305k def, ~6.5k life, 50% phys res and all res capped at 75%. For what it's worth, deathgaze damage is 1.3-2.4k or so. Using pretty much completely TU4s as suggested. Should I be trying to upgrade to crafted stuff at this point? It's not something I've looked into a lot, maybe I'm just making my life difficult by sticking with the TUs?

Is it just a matter of git gud and doge the stuff? What am I actually getting hit by in sunless sea that I've barely noticed on other characters?

Edit: Watching the videos in the OP you go from 6.5k hp on death laser thingy to 8.5k in sunless and gaining ~600life per attack, so I'm surely missing some upgrades and leech.
Edited by Xunametra 5 years.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Leech isn't going to be very strong compared to potions at this stage, because your damage is still relatively low.

What is the exact issue? I don't think you are getting hit by elemental damage in Iotss. These mini bosses shoot at you, that fireball looking thing, that hits everything around. I don't think this is elemenal damage. Just because it is a yellowish looking thing doesn't mean it is elemental damage, I think it is physical (could be wrong).
You are supposed to cut the distance to these guys asap, and not fight trash 1-3 screens away from these bosses, because then you will be target for their ranged attack. Tslam and skip stuff just to get to bosses as soon as possible and start from meeleing them, then they don't use this attack.

6.5k life seems fairly low at this level. I checked my video and I had 8.5k life while doing iotss, while my gear wasn't get even fully upgraded (didn't need). I didn't have 2x 10% life from rings there (never got empyrean bands). Not sure where that loss in hp is coming from, maybe you went more into strength. But surely having extra HP helps. I think this was first zone i switched to KRA runeword (500 flat life + jewels that can give you up to 250 more or even more if they are 10+ vitality rolls).

edit:
I don't see where there is 600 life on attack, I only see gradual heal from potions. I didn't use any life leech there, just what you get from charms, if you even get any at that point. No leech mo.
youtube.com/ae1337
Xunametra
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
So do you eventually move away from runes altogether? Or just when you go for the runeword since I guess you can't use runes there..
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Body Armor: TU breast/field plate -> KRA rw high base (5 jewels lem craft: IAS/life/stats), @ level ~125 = 15k defense

"->" means this is an upgrade from TU, chest is worth swapping, because kra runewords gives you so much defense it makes up for loss of 5 runes for runemaster. And stats of that runeword are much better than any TU.

Another exception would be NIH runeword for boots, but that Is more questionable and worth swapping later. Well preupgraded boots will hit over 4k defense, so you also make up a bit there.
Belt is another slot, since you only drop 1 rune vs tiered unique.
youtube.com/ae1337
Xunametra
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
OK, well I think I've just not been being aggressive enough in positioning, it seems like I only get destroyed when I'm slow to approach as you said. I'll get used to teleporting and stunning a lot more, I certainly haven't been doing that enough by the looks of it!

Thanks.
blah2224
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
I also had nightmares with those summons in the sunless sea, at which point I realized I was using jewels instead of runes in all my slot. Switch to full runes ( weapon + chest all JAH, resists for the rests, where you see fit...etc... ) Then pumped my def from 140k - 600k with the same gear, with 2k5 deathgaze damage, better FRC ..etc.., and it was a cakewalk. My life pool was also around 8k, not too much but with full TU4 + runes / MO it's enough to clear it.
before that it was a nightmare,
blackwalker
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
is cold spell damage useful?
blackwalker
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
is cold spell damage useful?