The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Vilify
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Vilify wrote:That's what I've heard but I'm determined to try and maximize this build as much as I can :(
I'm at the point I can safely farm Kabraxis and kill him quickly which imo is pretty good for a melee. I don't even have specific gear or socket switches to deal with him. But yeah I used to have a fortress barb like 10 years ago that just slaughtered everything.

Sure. Then just better gears and more charms to promote, I guess. If ssf, gears like crafted high dmg axes & useful rws like Wind Runner should be nice and easier to get.


Mostly SSF but some people have been nice enough to help me out with some gear here n there out of kindness and I intend to pay that forward next ladder :) Just hit lvl 134 and I'm excited to try Scos, I've specifically not even looked at it so I have no idea how it appears :P
Berkabus1 wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Berkabus wrote:How about fire based melee? Full community set (fire damage, wolf stance boost) and fire based shield, and fire axe?
is this possible? anyone tried?

As a weapon grandfather or XITHXOD axe


Why GF ? Cuz of oskill?

Yes
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Berkabus wrote:How about fire based melee? Full community set (fire damage, wolf stance boost) and fire based shield, and fire axe?
is this possible? anyone tried?

As a weapon grandfather or XITHXOD axe


Why GF ? Cuz of oskill?

Yes

some dudes recommend other to use XITHXOD 1h barb axe in a tower guard OS setup, i didnt try it
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Berkabus wrote:How about fire based melee? Full community set (fire damage, wolf stance boost) and fire based shield, and fire axe?
is this possible? anyone tried?

As a weapon grandfather or XITHXOD axe


Why GF ? Cuz of oskill?

Yes

some dudes recommend other to use XITHXOD 1h barb axe in a tower guard OS setup, i didnt try it

Also barb weapons may be used crafted with ancient hand OS
User avatar
cnlnjzfjb
Mahasattva
938 | 15
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Berkabus wrote:How about fire based melee? Full community set (fire damage, wolf stance boost) and fire based shield, and fire axe?
is this possible? anyone tried?

As a weapon grandfather or XITHXOD axe


Why GF ? Cuz of oskill?

Yes

some dudes recommend other to use XITHXOD 1h barb axe in a tower guard OS setup, i didnt try it

Also barb weapons may be used crafted with ancient hand OS

Not recommend doing the XITHXOD 1h axe gt setup, I tried it before, definitely worse than GF gt setup in late game in many ways.
User avatar
IronMan
Bone Archer
74 | 3
Mystic orbs: Weapon: %enhanced damage, %AR, life leech; Armors: %enhanced defense, total character defense, stats


Probably more optimal to replace the Enhanced Defense / TCD with Max Dam & MF orbs. +10 Max Damage gets scaled to >200 already at level 105 / with TUs / 0 charms and we reach fairly low "% chance to be hit" once we get each socket filled with a rune (even with only 1 level in Wolven Guide). I suggest MF since this seems to be an early- to midgame farming build intended to transition into something more endgame viable sooner or later. I would go to 200% ED on body armor and shield (if you're going 1-handed) and otherwise skip the %ED/TCD. Or at least keep an eye on when you start reaching "high enough" levels of armor and switch to max dmg MOs at that point.


Another suggestion: Start investing points into Earth Quake after you max Wolf Stance & Moutain King (maybe even before MK). Here are 2 screeenshots, first with maxed EQ and one with maxed Wolven Guide (Balanced Axe TU + Invictus):

► Show Spoiler


► Show Spoiler


You can see I gain 200min / 400max Damage with EQ max. EQ also maxes out at 20 so you have some more points freed up. The defense drops looks big BUT I only had 1/2 of my sockets filled with runes at this point, otherwise I would have been at 5% CTBH with or without Wolven Guide. You will need 1-2 Mana On Meele Attack MO since EQ costs ~28 Mana when maxed out (keeps going up a bit as you gain +Skills from gear/charms). Maybe also 1 point in Meditation (don't think it's needed though).

Here another 2 screenshots, this time with Labrys TU, first one is with EQ max again, second Wolven Guide max :

► Show Spoiler


► Show Spoiler


Going 2-handed you gain 400-700 Damage with EQ max. Without the shield the armor difference might actually matter but maybe not since i'm still missing 10 runes, so the relative difference would be much lower if fully socketed. Right now I go from 13% CTBH to 6% with maxed Wolven Guide. Roughly doubling the chance to be hit is not nothing, but again, would be lower with full runes. And the damage gained is quite decend as well.

Last points:
- Against bosses you lose some SoR damage with EQ max so in the end you're DPS probably remains around equal. The damage increase should be most noticeable while farming.
- You lose some FCR so casting becomes a tad slower.
User avatar
Yepsi
Destroyer
7 | 0
So I found a relic
Image
Think I can incorporate this into the build for better single target?
sm0cker
Cultist
23 | 2
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
That would be the way to go. Just use it instead of SoR.