The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
AlphaMagnum
Cultist
21 | 1
What are the best sources of Kraken Stance? Would it be viable to combine it with the Thunder King of Sescheron?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Crafted helm and weapons. Can't see it in affix docs now for some reason, but it used to be craftable on weapons as well. So dual wielding +29 kraken stance and same form helm, you'd get crazy high level. Of course getting good other mods on main hand at least would be mandatory. And for offhand ideally big pierce, because it works with main hand.

Issue with thunder king weapon is, that extra stormblast projectile only works in single wield mode. It was nerfed after 1.0, when ppl abused it using grandfather in main hand, resulting in crazy double stormblast dps.

Build based on kraken stance has its own challenges, as it has hidden synergy from all barb stances. So more random points you dump into stance tree (stances you will not use), more damage kraken starnce grants. So if you want big damage, you gonna be very skill point starved.

Another way would be go bear stance and neph weapons, but that would result in less elemental damage (since it is weaker than heavily invested kraken stance) and less defense (bear alone is weaker than spirit guide + runemaster).
One more downside of going ele weapons for damage is that it scales off your offensive stats, can't really afford investing into vitality. Phys build such as this from guide, that gets most of its ed from wolf stance, stops investing into str after gear req is met and rest goes to vit. Alternatively block uberskill version can do same with going dex for block. If you go elemental, ele weapons, or neph spirit, it promotes maxing str.
youtube.com/ae1337
AlphaMagnum
Cultist
21 | 1
What sort of setup did morphed use in his ridiculous S22 Barb video? Is he even using the Thunder King? Or DW Wizardspike with an extremely strong 1h weapon? I’m not aiming to go full glass cannon like that, but it would be helpful to know what the base of his build was
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Didn't use kraken stance, it is physical + ele hyrbid, so neph spirit, ton of enhanced damage, capped pierce, and dual wield setup, so stat stick for offhand, most likely for pierce, and big damage main hand. Most likely shitton of umo, and very high deadly strike.
youtube.com/ae1337
AlphaMagnum
Cultist
21 | 1
Wait. Single wield only? Can I use a shield then? Or nothing at all in offhand?

It’s cool how there are so many ways to build the Barb! Do you think the axe build is stronger than a sword build?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
1h sword + shield still counts as single wield. Just doesn't work as dual wield setup. This sword is pretty weak to balance things out. If you put very good dps as main hand and +1 stormblast as offhand just to get double stormblast, thats what was op, and doesn't work anymore.

As for your question, you mean specifically for samael with endgame items, or for untwinked run this guide is about?
For crazy gear memes dual wield is better, lot of those showscase videos use absolutely insane gear, umo projects, you can get more stats and damage off 1 item than whole gear this guide features. These is next level stuff, and two weapons are superior.

When it comes to untwinked run, here is some of my thoughts:
viewtopic.php?p=355987#p355987

Sword + shield is very viable after numerous little buffs to sword, shield helps great deal too. It is very competitive, much more than initially when this guide came out in 1.0, or even earlier before sigma where deathgaze absolutely stomped iron spiral.
I may even create alternate tree and gear section for sword+shield variant because it is just good.
youtube.com/ae1337
AlphaMagnum
Cultist
21 | 1
EDIT -- Answered my own question. Please ignore!
alex20noni
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
hi man can you give me the https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=AlexandraMiiRo

can you link plz nonarmory plz
SephCRO
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'm thinking of using Steppe sleeper boots in nightmare and start of hell, no requirements to wear except lvl 80, massive str % bonus and a nice cold perce

later was thinking of using wondrunner boots, what are ur thoughts on those boots for this build?
Yo_Muthas_Busch
Destroyer
7 | 0
I wish they could make it so stances can be on left mouse button so we can just hold right mouse button when farming.