The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
What about fortress, does anybody remember that skill exists?
Azrasha
Lava Lord
99 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So I'm running this build currently. For MO I should focus on res from what I've gathered, what about after they're capped?

Also, what runes should I prioritize? Currently running all Ko runes for damage - not sure if there's a better alternative.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Azrasha wrote:So I'm running this build currently. For MO I should focus on res from what I've gathered, what about after they're capped?

Also, what runes should I prioritize? Currently running all Ko runes for damage - not sure if there's a better alternative.

It is all in 1st post

► Show Spoiler

That is after you don't need resist once you progress with the charms. Same goes for sockets, its preference, what you need, if you want level faster can temporarily go for exp, otherwise lahs are good for all stats. Bit less to single stat, but they affect all stats, so in total you get more value. Remember that this build invests a lot in vitality and takes advantage of good vitality-> life ratio of barb, so you get high hp pool. Wolf stance adds relatively high ewd bonus compared to bonus from strength (with out simple gear, without crazy %strength synergies, umo, or even signets). So idea is to get also high vitality and get that life pool up. If you go full strength, your survivability will drop a lot and damage won't go up as much, not with this basic ssf type of gear.

As for fortress question. I'd suggest reading through this thread, this skill was used before, then ditched, because of changes to the build, lack of points. It is still useful vs some bosses, but overall if you don't respec vs specific fights, it isn't worth it, you won't be using it enough.
Main issue with it is, that outside of specific boss encounters, it provides very little vs high density crowd of monsters (so during farming). Fortress has negative synergy against high density of monsters, because it deals no aoe, arrows don't pierce, so against large packs it feels very slow and uneffective. It is also bad if you can clear fast, because of the cooldown, it hardly adds anything to clear speed. It is mostly useful vs certain bosses, for example kabraxis, where it kills it with proper character control in about 10-15min (which is still pretty long given average kill by other builds).
youtube.com/ae1337
Azrasha
Lava Lord
99 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
aerial wrote:
Azrasha wrote:So I'm running this build currently. For MO I should focus on res from what I've gathered, what about after they're capped?

It is all in 1st post

► Show Spoiler

That is after you don't need resist once you progress with the charms. Same goes for sockets, its preference, what you need, if you want level faster can temporarily go for exp, otherwise lahs are good for all stats. Bit less to single stat, but they affect all stats, so in total you get more value. Remember that this build invests a lot in vitality and takes advantage of good vitality-> life ratio of barb, so you get high hp pool. Wolf stance adds relatively high ewd bonus compared to bonus from strength (with out simple gear, without crazy %strength synergies, umo, or even signets). So idea is to get also high vitality and get that life pool up. If you go full strength, your survivability will drop a lot and damage won't go up as much, not with this basic ssf type of gear.

As for fortress question. I'd suggest reading through this thread, this skill was used before, then ditched, because of changes to the build, lack of points. It is still useful vs some bosses, but overall if you don't respec vs specific fights, it isn't worth it, you won't be using it enough.
Main issue with it is, that outside of specific boss encounters, it provides very little vs high density crowd of monsters (so during farming). Fortress has negative synergy against high density of monsters, because it deals no aoe, arrows don't pierce, so against large packs it feels very slow and uneffective. It is also bad if you can clear fast, because of the cooldown, it hardly adds anything to clear speed. It is mostly useful vs certain bosses, for example kabraxis, where it kills it with proper character control in about 10-15min (which is still pretty long given average kill by other builds).

Oh, I'm not seeing this portion in the first post.. possibly over looking it. Thank you!
BagboyBrown
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Crash wrote:
BagboyBrown wrote: but is there a berserker barb set? I don't have any pieces of it if there is.

Tundra Walker
Tundra Walker
(Barbarian Windcarver Set)

Ancient Bronze
Grey Ranger
Steppe Sleeper
Vale Hunter

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
Physical Resist 5%

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+125 to Maximum Damage
+50 to all Attributes

Set Bonus with complete set:
Gale Force: +1.3 Yards to Area of Effect
4% Chance to cast level 15 Stormblast on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 15 Ancients' Hand on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 15 Iceburst on Melee Attack
+5 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+200 to all Attributes

Nice! I don't have any of those pieces tho.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
There is ..windform barb discussion at some topics, I think, its suits here ... anyhoo, ppl are arguing, how much is IAS with WF and whats the breakpoints for sword/sword and sword/nonsword combo.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Ruubel wrote:There is ..windform barb discussion at some topics, I think, its suits here ... anyhoo, ppl are arguing, how much is IAS with WF and whats the breakpoints for sword/sword and sword/nonsword combo.

See breakpoints here. It's the same in median.
https://diablo.gamepedia.com/Whirlwind_(Diablo_II)
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This combination:
Blacktongue
Blacktongue
Flamberge (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (101 - 119) to (110 - 130)
Two-Hand Damage: (165 - 195) to (169 - 200)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
15% Chance to cast level 44 Rotting Flesh on Melee Attack
+25% Bonus to Poison Skill Duration
+(120 to 160)% Enhanced Damage
+(40 to 60)% to Poison Spell Damage
-(20 to 35)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(14 to 20) to Amatoxin
Slow Target 15%
Maximum Poison Resist +(1 to 2)%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (6)
and
Astrogha's Moon
Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)

Darkling
Viper Skin
Angel of Death

Maximum Poison Resist +2%
Poison Resist +75%

-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+23 to Amatoxin
Slow Target 5%

is it worth a shot ? Probably as a bosskiller, cuz rotting flash area is pretty small ? ( or what is it ?) I could use it as a sword and shield and abuse dex this way, and blacktongue +astrogha set gives 100 (+/-) psn pierce, its a good start...another question - is amatoxin bonus flat or is by damage percentage ...

Cathedral
and its xis version and
Triune's Blessing

Triune's Blessing
Barbarian Shields

'VenSilVenSil'
Runeword Level: 100
+(1 to 2) to Barbarian Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
Adds 10-15 Damage
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 313-508 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
+10% to Poison Spell Damage
-30% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense

But for leveling as a typical axe, cuz iron spiral sucks.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Ruubel wrote:This combination:
Blacktongue
Blacktongue
Flamberge (Sacred)

Required Strength:
+(14 to 20) to Amatoxin
Slow Target 15%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (6)
and
Astrogha's Moon
Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)

Darkling
Viper Skin
Angel of Death

Poison Resist +75%

+23 to Amatoxin
Slow Target 5%

is it worth a shot ? Probably as a bosskiller, cuz rotting flash area is pretty small ? ( or what is it ?) I could use it as a sword and shield and abuse dex this way, and blacktongue +astrogha set gives 100 (+/-) psn pierce, its a good start...another question - is amatoxin bonus flat or is by damage percentage ...

Cathedral
and its xis version and
Triune's Blessing

Triune's Blessing
Barbarian Shields

'VenSilVenSil'
1% Base Block Chance
Adds 10-15 Damage

Rotting Flesh has a big AoE, but seeing as Barb has virtually no spell damage synergies, RF is out of the question here I would say. Amatoxin may work with a Snake Stance setup, but generally speaking, weapon poison damage is hard to make viable in endgame (specially for anything boss related).
marky_marc
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Semigloss wrote:
Ruubel wrote:This combination:
Blacktongue
Blacktongue
Flamberge (Sacred)

Required Strength:
+(14 to 20) to Amatoxin
Slow Target 15%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (6)
and
Astrogha's Moon
Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)

Darkling
Viper Skin
Angel of Death

Poison Resist +75%

+23 to Amatoxin
Slow Target 5%

Cathedral
and its xis version and
Triune's Blessing

Triune's Blessing
Barbarian Shields

'VenSilVenSil'
1% Base Block Chance
Adds 10-15 Damage

Rotting Flesh has a big AoE, but seeing as Barb has virtually no spell damage synergies, RF is out of the question here I would say. Amatoxin may work with a Snake Stance setup, but generally speaking, weapon poison damage is hard to make viable in endgame (specially for anything boss related).

well its diffenetly work i get up to 2500K dmg with windform