The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
PresidentLoki wrote:Is this or WW the only real builds for barbs? Why is there no summoner barb? Is it not viable late game? Sorry I’m new just started a few days ago

Why don't you test one out? It is viable but usually summoners are kind of a let-down in end-game ubers. As you are new you shouldn't even read guides yet (besides giving you some pointers) but docs should be your main friend, even though I have all the respect for this guide and aerial but just start a barb, build it how you want and have fun, before lvl 50 respecs are free. And after that you still have three free ones, plus Belladonna Elixirs.

Am I the only one who 'memberberrie when gaming was for fun and not constant performing or searching for a sense of accoplishment?
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The new elemental tree looks like it has potential, but probably needs a lot of research and testing to perform well in the endgame
vektson
Prowler
18 | 0
Wouldn't it be better to max Ancient Blood over taking Endurance not to mention the +skills Ancient Blood can get? I know Endurance is 1:1% unlike Ancients 1:0.5% life but we get the acc bonus with it. Working on my 125 charms and trying figure out my AR. Only got my Hell respec left and wondering if I can commit 100% strength on respec. Either way though great build and loving my first character :D
sujan2016
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Blind Anger
Blind Anger
Light Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: (1179 - 1447) to (1342 - 1647)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 105
8% Chance to cast level 13 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
(1 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Blinds Attacker +3
+(120 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(11 to 15)% to All Attributes
Socketed (4)
is it a good item for this build?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
When shrine crafting couple of gears, I noticed there are couple of interesting procs & oskill are still in the game.
As someone love proc, i was saddened that new passive effectively blocking fire/cold/lightning (im using set amulet for punisher proc lul)

And specific proc or oskill that worth mentioned here (aside from the mentioned weapon swap buff skill)?
I think i saw hammertime one time and couple of time strike.

*Im legit think that barb melee passive is super OP. super strong for just 1 point.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
fr0gbug wrote:Would be super OP but Lion stance doesn't scale with total str, just base str -> bonus damage is hard capped at 3995 average magic possible bonus damage if I did my math right

True, my bad. But this only shows how bad lion stance is, because I really don't think it would be that op even if it scaled with total strength. It would be fair tradeoff.

vektson wrote:Wouldn't it be better to max Ancient Blood over taking Endurance not to mention the +skills Ancient Blood can get? I know Endurance is 1:1% unlike Ancients 1:0.5% life but we get the acc bonus with it. Working on my 125 charms and trying figure out my AR. Only got my Hell respec left and wondering if I can commit 100% strength on respec. Either way though great build and loving my first character :D

During my tests I didn't run into issues with AR, thats why i oped for putting points in endurance first. But feel free to even max ancient's blood, it won't make that much difference.

sujan2016 wrote:
Blind Anger
Blind Anger
Light Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: (1179 - 1447) to (1342 - 1647)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 105
8% Chance to cast level 13 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
(1 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Blinds Attacker +3
+(120 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(11 to 15)% to All Attributes
Socketed (4)
is it a good item for this build?

Nothing special. Stats are ok, proc value is low because sor has cooldown (and for aoe earthquake vastly outperforms crucify proc). If blind was applied to what we hit then it would be amazing, but attacker means you nearly never see it.
Ofc it is better than visegrip.

PresidentLoki wrote:Is this or WW the only real builds for barbs? Why is there no summoner barb? Is it not viable late game? Sorry I’m new just started a few days ago

There are just these guides up, but doesn't mean there is no other build.
In fact if you look at realm ladder, characters that made it deeper into lab happen to be elemental barbs. It comes down to sustain via life on hit, max res bonus from conflux, clear speed isn't as important.
Both thrower and melee poison is totally playable, as well as summoner. Physical thrower should work too.

iwansquall wrote:When shrine crafting couple of gears, I noticed there are couple of interesting procs & oskill are still in the game.
As someone love proc, i was saddened that new passive effectively blocking fire/cold/lightning (im using set amulet for punisher proc lul)

And specific proc or oskill that worth mentioned here (aside from the mentioned weapon swap buff skill)?
I think i saw hammertime one time and couple of time strike.

*Im legit think that barb melee passive is super OP. super strong for just 1 point.

Issue with attack procs is, SOR has cooldown, procs have low value then, because you dont spam your attack. For clear you simply don't care, 2x big wdm nova from earthquake, it doesn't matter if you occasionally get extra stormblast or crucify here and there. You would want this vs single target, but there your main attack has cooldown.

Captcha wrote:Loss of Wolf's movement speed is the other factor? It would be a slow and clunky character without it.

Not if you need damage vs some specific boss, then you rather kill him 2x faster than care about slower walk speed. I'm not talking about spec for everything, just special case to boost damage against some annoying teleporting boss.
youtube.com/ae1337
Wicker
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey, is there any guide or tips for Elemental Barb? I have been searching for it, but couldnt find anything.
sujan2016
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

How good is this as base crafted (without any effect used yet)?

Should I use it or stay with GRIEF?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Grief is almost always gonna be better than craft i think, overall stats are just better, and you still get 250 damage added.
youtube.com/ae1337
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
aerial wrote:
Captcha wrote:Loss of Wolf's movement speed is the other factor? It would be a slow and clunky character without it.

Not if you need damage vs some specific boss, then you rather kill him 2x faster than care about slower walk speed. I'm not talking about spec for everything, just special case to boost damage against some annoying teleporting boss.

Ah. I didn't understand that to be the context of your question/thought. I thought you were asking if it were better to run the build in general with lion rather than wolf.