The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Documentation is on this website Game->Documentation->Items->Tiered Uniques

Standard filter is fine, you edit it as you go so I don't have one goto filter.
First you wanna filter for gems with resists, runes above ones that give resists, bases for uniques from t3 up, then some sacred bases, like chest and labrys. Jewels are always nice to keep collecting. There is many small things you can do with it.
youtube.com/ae1337
sigmund
Banned
8 | 0
hello! Is this buiild a good farmer? Or is it only good starter for Ubers?

Ive read some builds can clear fauzt in 5-6 minutes with high magic find, but I don't think barb can do as fast?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
It can do pretty fast with very good items, but overall no, It isn't fast farmer compared to best builds.
It is mostly easy to play progress build to get charms, explore the game.
youtube.com/ae1337
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
aerial wrote:That charm is pretty good actually, skill, crushing blow. I'd be pissed if after all this work to get yshari set i'd have to give up on final charm.
Hard for me to tell whats wrong, as you can clearly see how its done in video. I didn't have such issue, other than heard about bug that sometimes your skill doesn't trigger, after you die, thus ppl recommend switching weapons after death to ensure they "reequip" set. But I don't even know if thats still needed.

Yeah it did bug me not getting the charm so I've been trying - over and over. Can't do it.

I can't really see in the video how you are hitting him with a slow spell like Holy Bolt... it's hard to see what skill-switching is being done in a video and I really can't understand how you're ever close enough to hit him once never mind the 20-30 times it would need with the weak damage Holy Bolt does.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious. If someone has 5 mins to spare maybe they could drop me a mail, I think I'd understand it better in text explanation than video.

A few key things:

1. Is Holy Bolt the only skill that harms him? On video it looks like Arcane Blast must be doing damage to Valthek or his life wouldn't be going down because you're miles away from him and there are loads of guards between you and him. Unless...

2. Is HB passing through the guards?

3. If it doesn't go through them, do I need to reduce guards to make sure I get a clear shot at Valthek with nothing in the way - and do I need my shield skill to be up?

I've had so many goes at this, trying different things, including trying to fire through the guards. Most times I hardly reduce his life at all. To me this is just a frustrating uber - and when you add in the set collecting grind, no fun at all.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Guards block it. You must hit him directly.
Easiest way to do is it bait him to jump on top of you, and you have that short window of time to hit him then nearly in melee range, before he spawns anything to block it. You cast it and run away as fast as possible. Repeat same thing until he dies.

You can also run around, keep clearing adds with aoe, but it is harder to do in my opinion. I clear them only when map is filled and they show up while getting near to boss range to activate his teleport, then I clear them.
youtube.com/ae1337
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Enjoying the gameplay so far.. lvl 100 now.. its fun to be able to tank bossee.
I got to find mid-end game gear now....
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
aerial wrote:Guards block it. You must hit him directly.
Easiest way to do is it bait him to jump on top of you, and you have that short window of time to hit him then nearly in melee range, before he spawns anything to block it. You cast it and run away as fast as possible. Repeat same thing until he dies.

You can also run around, keep clearing adds with aoe, but it is harder to do in my opinion. I clear them only when map is filled and they show up while getting near to boss range to activate his teleport, then I clear them.

Thanks I understand now and I'm pretty sure there's a bug affecting the character I'm playing.

I can always get an early hit on him but after I die I usually don't hit him again. And the Iron Shield spell doesn't work for me either.

I've tried re-equipping weapons/set as you suggested but the furthest I've got is getting his life down to about 80% left - nowhere near killing him.

I'll park this game for a while and see if it works after the patch. Hopefully they completely change this annoying uber, it's just a grind - even if you can kill the guy at the end it's painful having to change all my gear and use a clunky mechanic I didn't choose to play. Just my view on this uber.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
PlayerOne wrote:Thanks I understand now and I'm pretty sure there's a bug affecting the character I'm playing.

I can always get an early hit on him but after I die I usually don't hit him again. And the Iron Shield spell doesn't work for me either.

I've tried re-equipping weapons/set as you suggested but the furthest I've got is getting his life down to about 80% left - nowhere near killing him.

I'll park this game for a while and see if it works after the patch. Hopefully they completely change this annoying uber, it's just a grind - even if you can kill the guy at the end it's painful having to change all my gear and use a clunky mechanic I didn't choose to play. Just my view on this uber.

I feel your pain, but there is bunch of ubers after this one that are significantly "worse" :)
youtube.com/ae1337
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
aerial wrote:I feel your pain, but there is bunch of ubers after this one that are significantly "worse" :)

As I say, I think it's a bug. There are times when I've stood right next to him with the skill active, off cooldown, and firing but it never takes any life from him. I've tested it a few times now, always the same - after 1st or 2nd death, the skills stop working except Arcane Blast. Maybe I'll post it in the bugs thread. :|

I've done nearly all the other ubers so it's not like I'm THAT bad at the game - even I can hit something standing next to me at least some of the time!
Ruxpin
Imp
5 | 0
Still new, not completely understanding all the short hand. I made the TU field plate, but I'm not understanding what I'm supposed to put in it.