The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
onlonte
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
aerial wrote:Here little sample, comparison of skills vs avatars in khalimgrad, all instances same stats/gear.
Size of the target probably is a factor here and ofc fact that they are all stationary, but nevertheless here it goes:

I am sorry for this stupid question, but where does wirlpool come from ?
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
from crafted or rare One-Handed Axes, Maces, Hammers and Boots. In this case for 2h axe Baba I suggest Boots. I was lucky to find rare ones from mob.

Diaco
Void Archon
873 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ixvid_ wrote:from crafted or rare One-Handed Axes, Maces, Hammers and Boots. In this case for 2h axe Baba I suggest Boots. I was lucky to find rare ones from mob.

Is that a legacy item? I thought UA wasn't a thing anymore....
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
ixvid_ wrote:from crafted or rare One-Handed Axes, Maces, Hammers and Boots. In this case for 2h axe Baba I suggest Boots. I was lucky to find rare ones from mob.

are you playing old version or SP UA is gone?
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Yeah I play SP only, current version. But maybe the boots themself are from some previous patch I dont remember( I heve planty of items saved in shared stash) but I'm 99% sure its post 1.6. 20% UA was already on it. I MO's with %ed and all res.
NecroGG
Fallen
1 | 0
aerial wrote:Here little sample, comparison of skills vs avatars in khalimgrad, all instances same stats/gear.
Size of the target probably is a factor here and ofc fact that they are all stationary, but nevertheless here it goes:

Best skill for barb comes from a boot right? Tested a boot with +15 Whirlpool was faster then death gaze.

What build should I use as barb to do endgame? At lvl 125 it sux even with a 420-575 sacred labrys :x
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
NecroGG wrote:What build should I use as barb to do endgame? At lvl 125 it sux even with a 420-575 sacred labrys :x

Thing with whirlpool is, that damage is correct vs stationary target that doesn't move away/teleport. So it wont be the most efficient skill in every case.

As for damage for endgame, screaming eagle setup, paired with banish proc, -enemy all resistances on gear is vastly superior in terms of damage numbers. You can count on 7-8x more damage with it.
Ofc it has its flaws, need to debuff every screen with screaming eagle, which makes it pretty annoying for farming. But for straight single target damage, conventional phys based build is no match.
This build was discussed in this thread more than once, feel free to check some pages back.
youtube.com/ae1337
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
I haven't gone through the entire thread, but the first post doesn't cover what I'm looking for. I'm looking for absolute beginning of the game information. Normal difficulty Act 1-5 tips. My last experience with this mod was at least 5 years ago, and I'm pretty sure I didn't get out of Act 1 back then.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
timmermac wrote:I haven't gone through the entire thread, but the first post doesn't cover what I'm looking for. I'm looking for absolute beginning of the game information. Normal difficulty Act 1-5 tips. My last experience with this mod was at least 5 years ago, and I'm pretty sure I didn't get out of Act 1 back then.

I picked up Median XL back in June, and had not played vanilla D2 or any other mod in 15 years or so.
I didn’t want to waste time trying to figure things out on my own, so came across the guide subforum, and settled on this one.

Read through some other pages like Cube Recipes for starters, and then affixes, TU, SU, RW items, etc as you get further.

I had no trouble at all until Hell Diablo, which wasn’t really bad either I just died 2 or 3 dozen times, and probably my fault, not enough fire res or something. This guide got me through at least half of the uber content... and was running Fauntz, farming Tganze, etc, before I switched to the War Cry build.

Early/mid game was a breeze though, just whip up cheap runewords then make some TU, invest your skill points/attributes correctly and you’ll be in the late game before you know it
BagboyBrown
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Why max wolf stance when CB has 0 affect against bosses?