The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Victor wrote:Is there a lategame/labs gear&skills section of this guide? I checked the first post, saw just midgame gear and uber progression.

I know it's TLDR but a lategame guide would be a great help.

Melee barb is not balanced for lab , you have to trade more than half of your dmg for defensive stats to survive and even then it takes 1 hour or more to clear red tiers t13+, you most likely will run out potions before clearing the maps even with full cube , thats why there are no endgame guides.
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
morphed wrote:
Victor wrote:Is there a lategame/labs gear&skills section of this guide? I checked the first post, saw just midgame gear and uber progression.

Melee barb is not balanced for lab , you have to trade more than half of your dmg for defensive stats to survive and even then it takes 1 hour or more to clear red tiers t13+, you most likely will run out potions before clearing the maps even with full cube , thats why there are no endgame guides.

Any other barb build suitable for Labs? I remember a 150 barb on twitch last week but couldn't figure out the build.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Victor wrote:
morphed wrote:

Any other barb build suitable for Labs? I remember a 150 barb on twitch last week but couldn't figure out the build.

That guy got a tyrael might and a lot of relics , its ranged barb cherubim/ stormcrows/broadside etc and prebuff wolf stance , even then lab takes longer compared to a fire druid or azure pal , that build will not be possible next season , if you want to do it now you could probably get some relics but , tyrael might i doubt , you also need to invest a lot of tg for prebuff gear , if you want to make that build prepare atleast 3-4k tg , and ofc look at his gear on notarmory.
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
morphed wrote:That guy got a tyrael might and a lot of relics , its ranged barb cherubim/ stormcrows/broadside etc and prebuff wolf stance , even then lab takes longer compared to a fire druid or azure pal , that build will not be possible next season , if you want to do it now you could probably get some relics but , tyrael might i doubt , you also need to invest a lot of tg for prebuff gear , if you want to make that build prepare atleast 3-4k tg , and ofc look at his gear on notarmory.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm playing SP, have some rare 2H gear like
The Grandfather
The Grandfather
Great Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (219 - 254) to (336 - 396)
Two-Hand Damage: (312 - 347) to (423 - 483)
Required Level: 120
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
+400% Deadly Strike
-5% Deadly Strike per 1% Attack Speed
Adds (75 to 110)-(180 to 240) Damage
(150 to 300)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(30 to 40) to Ancients' Hand
+50 to all Attributes
Maximum Life +(5 to 7)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
, wondered if I can make an endgame build around it.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Victor wrote:
morphed wrote:That guy got a tyrael might and a lot of relics , its ranged barb cherubim/ stormcrows/broadside etc and prebuff wolf stance , even then lab takes longer compared to a fire druid or azure pal , that build will not be possible next season , if you want to do it now you could probably get some relics but , tyrael might i doubt , you also need to invest a lot of tg for prebuff gear , if you want to make that build prepare atleast 3-4k tg , and ofc look at his gear on notarmory.

The Grandfather
The Grandfather
Great Sword (Sacred)

Required Strength:
+400% Deadly Strike
+200% Enhanced Damage
+50 to all Attributes
Maximum Life +(5 to 7)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)

Grandfather has been nerfed a lot , a crafted Greatsword with 350+ max dmg or min-max dmg made eth would out dmg that by a lot , coz if you want to use grandfather you have to loose 3 frames , so your fpa goes from 6 to 9 thats roughly a 40% dmg loss , and you cant even get 100% ds from orange text since there’s a limit to how much ds you can get from a single item (63%)
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
morphed wrote:
Victor wrote:

The Grandfather
The Grandfather
Great Sword (Sacred)

Required Strength:
+400% Deadly Strike
+200% Enhanced Damage
+50 to all Attributes
Maximum Life +(5 to 7)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)

Grandfather has been nerfed a lot , a crafted Greatsword with 350+ max dmg or min-max dmg made eth would out dmg that by a lot , coz if you want to use grandfather you have to loose 3 frames , so your fpa goes from 6 to 9 thats roughly a 40% dmg loss , and you cant even get 100% ds from orange text since there’s a limit to how much ds you can get from a single item (63%)

That's sad. I remember how OP that sword was in the vanilla D2.

Anyway, I now conclude that barb is far from viable compared to Fire Sorc or Fire Druid for Labs. Thanks.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Maybe some Windform build could run lab ?

And what about that t4v seyscheron build ? nerfed too I guess :(
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Victor wrote:
morphed wrote:

With War Cry build, I can solo T15 labs, kill T15 Phoboss, and have killed Diemoss 2 x when teamed up with a beamer.

I'm following the War Cry Guide mostly to a "T" except I'm using Eagle Stance instead of Bear Stance. It also helps that I have a nearly perfect Life/Mana corrupted wormhole, and a Laz sleep charm (actually a 2 x Laz sleep, from using
The Awakening
The Awakening
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: 11673 to 14304
Required Level: 130
Required Strength: 690
Item Level: 130
Ethereal
When Cubed with The Sleep, Enables an Additional Awakening
(The Armor will be Disenchanted by the Recipe)
5% Chance to cast level 50 Banish on Death Blow
+(1 to 4) to All Skills
50% Combat Speeds
-(31 to 35)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+200% Enhanced Defense
+25 Maximum Stamina
Magic Resist +5%
Socketed (6)
). However, Eagle Stance is only possible for this build with Spirit Walker boots because they add a fat chunk of Phys Res from the Mana Regen. 60 PR is absolutely essential.
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
altoiddealer wrote:
Victor wrote:
morphed wrote:

With War Cry build, I can solo T15 labs, kill T15 Phoboss, and have killed Diemoss 2 x when teamed up with a beamer.

I'm following the War Cry Guide mostly to a "T" except I'm using Eagle Stance instead of Bear Stance. It also helps that I have a nearly perfect Life/Mana corrupted wormhole, and a Laz sleep charm (actually a 2 x Laz sleep, from using
The Awakening
The Awakening
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: 11673 to 14304
Required Level: 130
Required Strength: 690
Item Level: 130
Ethereal
When Cubed with The Sleep, Enables an Additional Awakening
(The Armor will be Disenchanted by the Recipe)
5% Chance to cast level 50 Banish on Death Blow
+(1 to 4) to All Skills
50% Combat Speeds
-(31 to 35)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+200% Enhanced Defense
+25 Maximum Stamina
Magic Resist +5%
Socketed (6)
). However, Eagle Stance is only possible for this build with Spirit Walker boots because they add a fat chunk of Phys Res from the Mana Regen. 60 PR is absolutely essential.

Thanks, looks promising. I don’t like to commit to a build that can’t do labs. I have all of the BiS pmsd gear, will just craft the weapons.
rugby_1
Son of Lucion
724 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Any tips on how to best stack dmg for single target? Currently running a sword barb (using patriot sentry for farming) but not really sure how to boost my stormblast dmg. I have a decent crafted sword and also found a
Thunder King of Sescheron
Thunder King of Sescheron
Kriegsmesser (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 57
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 642
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Stormblast: +1 Projectile
Thundergod Nova Deals 5000 Lightning Damage
Lightning Shield: +(18 to 30) Lightning Damage to Weapon per Skill Level
20% Chance to cast level 10 Life Spark on Melee Attack
Adds (200 to 300)-(450 to 600) Lightning Damage
-(30 to 40)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+10 to Stormblast
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
100% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
. This is my first time investing in a melee char so not too sure how to move forward with the build. Would I need to start stacking
Essence of Itherael
Essence of Itherael
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Weapon Physical Damage +9%
15% Bonus to Defense
+10 Required Level
and
Larzuk's Round Shot
Larzuk's Round Shot
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
+10% Enhanced Damage
2% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +30%
+20 to Strength
+10 Required Level
UMOs on my gear slots? I figure the more EWD I can get on my armor, the better it would be for dmg scaling but would appreciate any tips.
Thanks in advance!