The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
GraveEternity
Cultist
24 | 0
What a great build and guide, thank you. Having a blast playing it, already lvl 114 and this build feels really strong vs. ubers so far. Can you please elaborate on what weapon craft I should aim for? I assume that I need to Shrine craft a rare sacred Labrys, right? What Shrine should I use and what stats I should look for? Just +300 max phys damage and rest are doesn't matter? And do I need to "precraft/bless/whatever" my rare sacred Labrys before I start spamming Shrines?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Ok, my take on weapon is, that you can spend random shrines (so not quiet and abadoned which you wanna throw on armor pieces), you can use that as shrine sink. We don't care about cold pierce here, we dont care about %str (creepy) beacuse we arent maxing strength. So basically shrine rolls are not very relevant. Weird shrines would be considered premium because they can add additional %enhanced damage. In sigma there is no more double mystic orb effect on crafts, which means it is harder to max out 200% ed on weapon now, you can only add 75% via Mo, vs previous 150. Which means you want get weapon with decent %ed and +max damage. It doesn't have to be +300, can be 250, or look at average sometimes it can be 100-200 (which is total 300 just, min and max). Weapon like that can be quite hard to craft, and as this build is noob friendly, I didn't want to put it as requirement.
Note also that TU labrys has slow and crushing blow which in many situation is worth more than extra damage. Crafted labrys can look like this (note this is without jahs so damage can really hit nearly 800):

cold pierce being extra bonus for deathgaze, but it could be also +barb skills.
Anything with high ed and ~300 added flat damage average will be major damage boost vs some later bosses, as single target damage.
LeOsTyLe
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nice Weapon. What would you suggest in terms of crafting order?
a) with dex/vita shrines // first gloves, than rest?
b) with other shrines // mark of the wild oskill axe, than labrys, or is something between it, where i should spend them first before i go for labrys?
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
but how u run?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Gloves are probably the easiest to beat, because they dont have any stats. So abadoned or quiet, and just get that juciy all stat roll.
Here is example of nice gloves:

reason why these crafts are cheap is that we are not really aiming for those perfect shrine rolls, you want ok roll + good base (all stats). Crafting pierce gear is lot harder since you really wanna roll high pierce values.

motw axe is low priority, just use whatever shrines on it, it should appear fast.

Boots are little harder since lionpaw has all stat roll and life, can be done too.
Another one is helm, good helm I didnt mention in guide, and I probably should is lavadome (tu4 helm) +2 skills, good vit/life roll, its basicallya good vit craft in form of TU, its definitely nice helm and cheap.

Some misc items can be added too. There is barb helm tu with mana on striking, this can be swapped vs bosses that you run oom (high dodge). There are some fights where you literally stand on top of a guy and swing for 3min, if you just swap for this helm, your mana will never run out, and its significant QOL.
Another thing to test would be tu light gauntlets with -200 defense per hit, currently testing it. It could solve lot of AR issues, especially in long boss fights, I need more time to find out how good this actually is.
Ironpool
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
how is the weapon switch buff supposed to work? i don't think equipping an axe and a blade is possible. guess we're dropping the tu4 blade now?
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
is the strategy based on relating to the non-run issue?
dacoshild
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
CircaG wrote:
aerial wrote:your defense is way too low, runemaster + bear stance + runes
good base chest piece with defense, you should have way more defense

Okay thank you. I think the hardest part is that I don't have res so I am using gems in all of my gear to get max res. So I don't really have room to put runes in/ I don't have enough of the hr's that give res.

MO rings with resists. You can also use runes instead of gems and that way you will have bonus from runemaster. Use Thai runes, easily farmable in Nightmare, portal from Mephisto kill. Same place as for Ennead challenge. In 30 minutes you can have plenty of high level runes.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
its 1h axe, you can dual wield any types of mixed weapon types. You can use both. Can also use 2x motw for higher level, if you dont have enough dex yet to equip the blade.
This switch is really minor importance, ppl attaching too much value to it.

You can even try crafting colosseum oskill weapons, and use that vs boss for massive debuff for 5s, never tried it but it could be worth it. -100% target defense, -%physical res.
Skorpse
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey there! This build is fun, I tried it because I already had a T2 Wrathchild but pushing through NM I am dying a lot, being that I am only level 60 am I dying because I don’t have Runemaster or because my defense is too low? It’s at 20k

Or am I trying the build too low?