The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
schroedinger
Prowler
18 | 3
lalaiao wrote:
schroedinger wrote:
nazh202 wrote:
schroedinger wrote:I started a poison throw barb and leveled him to 120 without respecting and with nearly zero issues (mana perhaps). Maybe not the fastest killer, but it was smooth. Once you get Raptor and full No runes, it becomes quite powerful

Would you mind sharing a quick look at your items choice, skills plan and stats distribution? Thanks :D

Work is still in progress, right now at level 124: https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Schauble

Hey, is
Grotesque Bite
Grotesque Bite
Hand Axe (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 37 to 39
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 376
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+25% to Experience Gained Until Level 120
+15% Physical Resist After Level 120
100% Chance to cast level 40 Harvest on Melee Attack
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
50% Attack Speed
+(20 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage
Maximum Poison Resist +4%
+100 Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (3)
a good wepon for this build??

I think that you need a throwing axe
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
So I respec my Barb to day to Poison throw. Clear speed is slower than 2h Deathgaze (or it's my setup that is not optimal yet, still using
Raptor

Raptor
Throwing Axes

'ZodSurLemEl'
Runeword Level: 85
(Barbarian Only)
3% Chance to cast level 60 Thunder Slam on Kill
-19% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(6 to 11) to Snake Stance (Barbarian Only)
+3 to all Attributes
5% to Vitality
Maximum Life +3%
Regenerate Mana +15%
+115 Life after each Kill
for weapon). However when it comes to bossing this build is sick. I killed Astrogha with 3 hits.
plookey78
Destroyer
7 | 0
Seems like earlier you said screaming eagle doesnt work with offhand throwing axe, are you sure about that? I tried using it in offhand and it seems it works, all the animations play and enemies get the debuff, visually atleast.

edit:
hmm, it seems it worked for me for a while but then i switched up my weapons and cant get it to work again for some reason, very weird..
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
plookey78 wrote:Seems like earlier you said screaming eagle doesnt work with offhand throwing axe, are you sure about that? I tried using it in offhand and it seems it works, all the animations play and enemies get the debuff, visually atleast.

edit:
hmm, it seems it worked for me for a while but then i switched up my weapons and cant get it to work again for some reason, very weird..

you need to watch what weapon is really your main hand on your character (not inventory), by swapping them you can swap weapons
you probably had throwing axe as main hand initially, and you though it was in offhand
fact that you put it in right slot, does't mean it automatically always counts as offhand
just keep track visually whats main and offhand on character model
if throwing weapon is offhand, then you only get visuals of screaming eagle, but no effect
youtube.com/ae1337
duychuong099
Skeleton
3 | 0
Why sacred craft Weapon it just have cold spell dame? and what is DR MO?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Doesn't seem like there are any changes in 1.6.
Snake bite shouldn't stand out that much as single target anymore, which you could interprete as indirect buff to windform poison as single target, because that stays the same.
youtube.com/ae1337
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Hello just curious since ancients hand got a small dmg increase if its still good to use with vs sam without bunch of umos.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
It has highest damage of 3 skills: iceburst, stormblast and anc hand, but depending on setup, will be worse than double stormblast.
But these are different builds different sources of scaling so it is apples to oranges pretty much.
youtube.com/ae1337
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Heya, I've been meaning to post for awhile now.

Huge thanks for this guide, which has served me very well.
I haven't played D2 in over a decade, and came across Median XL when Season 24 just kicked off. I decided to try Barbarian, a character I never bothered with back in the day.

This build is pretty straight-forward and I feel like I've been progressing very well. Your videos are also super helpful. For instance, I was clueless on Judgement Day until I watched your video. I haven't been able to take down Xaxax yet, but I did get the belt and am using your technique - I just haven't tried enough times to luck out.

I spent hours upon hours on Kabraxis, and when I did finally take him out I lucked out with a 3/3/3/2 charm. :bounce:
I couldn't take him out after respec to max out Fortress - I just had to try different techniques and timings until I had it down perfect.

Fortress worked for me with QT but it took a very long time.

I guess my only complaint with your guide is I am sure there must be further gear progression for the super-late game. Your guide has been a roadmap to success for me to level 134 where I am now, but now I'm kind of just trying to figure out where to go from here on in terms of gear. I imagine from 6x Jah, next would be 6x Xis/Shaad? Anything else to strive for besides what you stated?

Also, any advise on Hell Baal? I chipped him down to like 80% health before I was overwhelmed by his summons.
My deathgaze dmg is 4,592 - 10k
691k Defense

Thanks again!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
baal:
hit and run, and when he spawns minions you must try kite them away and kill away from him, and then continue, don't try fight with minions near, because it can get out of control

endgame gear:
it was mentioned here multiple times, but this guide aimed more for ssf progression, so listing bunch of SU will be impossible goal for many players
another problem is, that this doesn't really scale that well with high end gear, so ppl will get baited into buying expensive su, and then end up being disappointed

Overall this build really isn't that powerful later on, compared to stuff that emerged since then. It was originally created before bosses even had timers, so you could take your time and beat everything with enough patience. But now since many encounters lock if you die, and you need to beat then in certain timelimit, thats big problem for low dps builds, such as this one.

Either way I'm glad it was helpful.

There was more variants discussed here, such as shield+sword version which is competitive if not better to axe. In 1.6 sword spiral reaches 80% wdm which is very respectable. And shield helps tremendously with its massive defense bonus.
Another cool variant is poison melee windform option, which has very good single target. it is completely different build though.
youtube.com/ae1337