The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
nazh202 wrote:
schroedinger wrote:I am using them because I didn't get anything better so far, but I'll probably replace them asap, specially the chest and the helmet. The shield has some useful bonuses though (5% avoid damage, 1% block, high def, % life leech), specially for HC. In SC I guess I would use double wield.

I get you. However I read somewhere saying that the offhand weapon when dual-wielding doesn't work properly. Can anyone tell me if it's true :mrgreen:

The only time i found Dwing useful leveling Poison Throw Barb was DWing Sterrenvogel to double up on the Pierce for Early game when getting any respectable amount of Block is not possible anyway and the Damage from Pierce is much more helpful in making the leveling process much more smooth. Of course later on you will eventually transition back to a Shield which for me was upon making Raptor. But DW Raptor could also be an option for more Damage from the +Snake Stance for Clear if you still comfortable with kiting alone. But, for me it felt like it was time to start working on some block and i happen to find the Throw Set Shield very early. which makes getting max block very easy.

But yeah as already mentioned think of anything you DW as nothing more than a Stat Stick. You can get Damage from things like Pierce and + skills but it doesnt give double the base damage from running two weapons or anything like that.
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
Demonlord wrote:
nazh202 wrote:
schroedinger wrote:I am using them because I didn't get anything better so far, but I'll probably replace them asap, specially the chest and the helmet. The shield has some useful bonuses though (5% avoid damage, 1% block, high def, % life leech), specially for HC. In SC I guess I would use double wield.

I get you. However I read somewhere saying that the offhand weapon when dual-wielding doesn't work properly. Can anyone tell me if it's true :mrgreen:

The only time i found Dwing useful leveling Poison Throw Barb was DWing Sterrenvogel to double up on the Pierce for Early game when getting any respectable amount of Block is not possible anyway and the Damage from Pierce is much more helpful in making the leveling process much more smooth. Of course later on you will eventually transition back to a Shield which for me was upon making Raptor. But DW Raptor could also be an option for more Damage from the +Snake Stance for Clear if you still comfortable with kiting alone. But, for me it felt like it was time to start working on some block and i happen to find the Throw Set Shield very early. which makes getting max block very easy.

But yeah as already mentioned think of anything you DW as nothing more than a Stat Stick. You can get Damage from things like Pierce and + skills but it doesnt give double the base damage from running two weapons or anything like that.

In order to get max block I have to put points into dexterity right? So strength for gear, dex for block and rest in vitality?
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
nazh202 wrote:
Demonlord wrote:
nazh202 wrote:

In order to get max block I have to put points into dexterity right? So strength for gear, dex for block and rest in vitality?

Correct! Dex gives Block and Attack Rating. Str is for Gear but also gives Defense as well in the case of builds that want to scale it instead for that purpose. (For example builds utilizing Candlewake Chest where Max Block would be near impossible or Casters Scaling Spell Damage via Str Factor or Barbs running Runemaster) Vitality Scales more Life of course and Energy is typically reserved for Casters.

Its also worth mentioning as well that scaling Dex for Max Block can be made much easier with Shield that have +to Max Block as well. These act like Multipliers to your Block and just +1 Block on a shield can mean the difference in having points left over after hitting that 75% cap and barely hitting it even at 400 Sigs. This why i mentioned the Throw Set Shield because it has +1 Block making it much easier to hit that block cap much earlier in Level and Sig progression.

Typically as well in Max Block builds by endgame once you have most endgame charms (especially ones that give more main stats like good roll Quov Tsin or Cow King or Umbaru Tresure/Triune) you will be more capable of maxing out block with Dex and having points left over for some Vit. Especially if you run things like 5% Dex Runes. You also in some cases such as Barbs utilizing Mountain King can run 3% All Stat runes to help scale Everything. These are things you would have judge and test for yourself which fits better for you build based on gear and if you are trying to scale Dex AND Vit as much as possible. (since running 3% All Stats can be a gain for multiple stats over 5% per rune for a single stat.) But, things to keep in mind none the less. These charms also can make it so you dont even need any points in Str depending on gear of course. Which in turn is even more points to distribute into more desirable stats such as Dex or Vit.

Ive been considering making a guide for Poison Throw Barb since ive found so much massive success with the setup but the only things holding me back is time investment vs people actually interested in such a guide. As well as so many people calling for a massive nerf to poison which would kill the build for a lot of the top end things it could be possible for such as Lab and Samael. Which imho if they were to nerf anything besides the Duration of Poison the build would almost make these things that are already going to be still be insanely hard near impossible. Only a handful of lower Uber Boss are actually a complete joke with the build which simply have no extra mitigation like Poison Absorb. Just my personal opinion as someone who has tried to push this build into everything the game has to offer including high Lab. As broken as some may claim this build to be you still wont get easy kills on the top hardest ubers in the game everyone struggles with such as Void, Witch, Laz, and even Yashari without respecs or extremely good play. Even Uldy and all his bosses before him is still a huge time investment with even the very best gear possible.

But, for people interested in more information for the endgame setup i run that give me the best results as well as my endgame notarmory simply send me a private message and i will be more than happy to send that over to you for reference as well as answer any questions you may have.
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
Demonlord wrote:
Jo_Jo wrote:Has anyone tried Poison Barb on Labs? I mean levels 10+

I know this is about 2H Barb...but its the most active Barb thread around here, and i figure it would be the best place to ask.

I pushed mine to T12-13 and let me tell you even with 89,89,89,90 Res it gets rough in there you dont want to take many hits at all. And the Damage on Stampede falls off pretty hard as well. (Mostly because of your poison duration getting gimped so hard) You get to a point where you have to use Snake Bite on a lot of the more tougher things. Its doable but your going to have to work for it.

Shield of Hakan as well as the Witchhunter's Hood are almost mandatory (If you are not running them already) Because thats +4 to ALL Max Res which is huge for Lab. Also want a perfect Kabraxis Charm as well. These things with Azmodan Charm should put you at 85 res. (Poison should be 90 at this point) Doing things like taking out runes for +Res Gems also may be nessisary to get to 90 all res or close but thats what you want to aim for in Lab. Thats how i hit my Res Numbers while still keeping Max Block. But, even with all that bring a inv full of potions and your A-Game for kiting. And you may even consider using Edyrem for Meat Shields at times when possible. They can be helpful and really every little bit helps in that place.

You may also consider getting a good rolled Natasha Chest if you get really serious about pushing to T15 to make up the rest of the Max Res to hit 90 on gear alone. Just make sure it hits good Max Res and Pierce Rolls. +skills would be a plus but the latter two are the most important. This can save you using gems to make up the rest and allow some point from Dex over to Vit possibly. Not been able to get my hands on a chest yet but its an idea anyway. I also need test how much overcapping Res helps in there which im sure it does especially on bosses like Phoboss.

Damn...that sounds rough.
Im still working on getting to 140 and trying to get a well rolled Natashas, and only did the lower Lab levels.
My plan was to increase my poison duration, switching dex runes for Nef runes, while trying to keep the poison pierce, so i can hit once or twice and run a lot lol
Did you try stacking life leech? Was thinking about this aswell, but not sure how good would it work (if it works at all lol)

Did you use a Merc? Was thinking on using the same i used with the Bowazon, a Shapeshifter.
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Jo_Jo wrote:...

Nef runes in Weapon are typically enough with Glad Dom scaling. Running it in other slots isnt near as worth it since we get 90% from weapon alone while chest would only give 60%. Dex Runes are pretty important for max Block as well as giving us room for Gems for +1 Max Res. Phys Scaling from Ophiophagus and inherent leech from charms is nice from the Dex Scaling as well even though that also gets gimped hard in Lab. Its quite helpful in farming areas like Fauzt. Thats why i swap a couple of my items around depending on if im farming (More MF and Phys/leech) or if im bossing (More pierce/life) or running Lab (Shield of Hakan/Witch Hunter Hood and dropping some Dex runes for +Max Res while trying to keep Max Block and if possible 199 Pierce for bosses in that place).

For the major bosses that typically require Respecs you can either run 3% All Stat Runes and try to keep Max Block and some Vit or go Pure Vitality with 5% Vit Runes. These bosses being Witch, Void, and Yashari. This makes these bosses way easier. otherwise everything else Short or Lab/Sam you just need 170 Pierce and Nef runes in weapon and you should be fine. Everything else in the game just requires learning the mechanics. like Laz for example. You want to keep enough damage on Stampede to clear trash out while dropping Snake Stance for Purify and pretty much do the same thing as every other boss encounter in theory. Dropping points from Glad Dom in respec to Mountain King and 3% all stat Runes become helpful here but not nessisary. You can also Farm in this setup if you wanted since it only gimps Snake Bite Damage in this particular spec. Which is what i use for these problem bosses instead of Pure Vitality. Of course pure Vitality is going to be the easiest possible way to do these problem bosses in the end.
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
Demonlord wrote:...

Cool, thanks for the advice. But i was asking strictly about Labs.
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Hello, can u tell me if double stormblast SSU Krieg + shield works? and if its a good combo to use banish+screaming eagle for bosses.
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
Demonlord wrote:
But, for people interested in more information for the endgame setup i run that give me the best results as well as my endgame notarmory simply send me a private message and i will be more than happy to send that over to you for reference as well as answer any questions you may have.

Yeah I sent you a pm, would like to see your setup. I'm interested in this build as I have items like
Scales of the Serpent
Scales of the Serpent
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7481 - 8308) to (9074 - 10078)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 105
15% Chance to cast level 40 Arachnomancy on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 12 Time Strike on Striking
(31 to 40)% Hit Recovery
+90% Damage to Undead
Adds 200-300 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +(25 to 30)%
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Strength
+50 Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (6)
Crown of the Black Rose
Crown of the Black Rose
Diadem (Sacred)

Defense: 870 to 983
Required Level: 110
Required Dexterity: 524
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
+(20 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(14 to 20) to Black Lotus Strike
+(90 to 150) Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Poison Resist +(2 to 3)%
(25 to 50)% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (4)
and wonder if it can fit this build.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Orr wrote:Hello, can u tell me if double stormblast SSU Krieg + shield works? and if its a good combo to use banish+screaming eagle for bosses.

banish + screaming eagle is definitely good
as for kriegsmesser, double stormblast will be hard to beat if you discard damage on actual weapon (and if you rely on banish+s.eagle then that is precisely the case).
Only difference would be, that if you really want max dmg output, you probably go dual wield, 1 frame faster swing, and you can get more pierce from statstick offhand. Deadly strike from gladiator's dominance won't boost your screaming eagle damage I think.
Ofc if you need survival then shield is obvious.
youtube.com/ae1337
lalaiao
Stygian Watcher
40 | 1
schroedinger wrote:
nazh202 wrote:
schroedinger wrote:I started a poison throw barb and leveled him to 120 without respecting and with nearly zero issues (mana perhaps). Maybe not the fastest killer, but it was smooth. Once you get Raptor and full No runes, it becomes quite powerful

Would you mind sharing a quick look at your items choice, skills plan and stats distribution? Thanks :D

Work is still in progress, right now at level 124: https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Schauble

Hey, is
Grotesque Bite
Grotesque Bite
Hand Axe (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 37 to 39
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 376
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+25% to Experience Gained Until Level 120
+15% Physical Resist After Level 120
100% Chance to cast level 40 Harvest on Melee Attack