The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
riggedroll wrote:when i equipped a 2h as a 1h+shield/dual will the str scaling go down as well as the wdm?
and when using ancienthand/stormblast how much -res is needed and -res compare to raw physical stat(min-max,ewd...)?

str scaling depends on each weapon individually. they all have their own scaling factor on them (0.10, 0.25, etc). theyre in the docs base items.

the main difference between 1h and 2h is the base dmg of the item and which affixes you can roll. usually the str scaling (or total ewd, if you will) remains the same, its just that the base weap dmg is lower. so eventhough multiplier is the same, your total dmg output will be way lower.

since ancient hands/stormblast/ice burst are bossing skills, -170% enemy resist is the magic number for the vast majority of bosses in median. they have 70 elemental resist and -100 is the lowest they can get to.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
You do get less %dmg bonus from strength if you are using 1h compared to 2h, but since this build isn't stacking absurd amounts of strength, this isn't that important.
youtube.com/ae1337
riggedroll
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
So if i have grandfather i should go for dual wield with 6 firerune runeword 1h sword nas legacy and quovsin talisman + 3 piece henchman for pierce
rather than sbs knight grace hammer fist blackvoid setup right
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
riggedroll wrote:So if i have grandfather i should go for dual wield with 6 firerune runeword 1h sword nas legacy and quovsin talisman + 3 piece henchman for pierce
rather than sbs knight grace hammer fist blackvoid setup right

Gf orange text is single wield only so not rly.
riggedroll
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
i know but losing double dmg i can go for ias to make it to 7 frame(instead of 9 for max ds) and -60 fire res
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
I just told u Gf orange ds% doesnt work at all if u dual wield..
riggedroll
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
so i can build ias instead and at 7 frame 2 hand gf give no ds anyway
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Barb buffs in 1.7 related to guide:

Titan's Fortitude: now always lasts 60 seconds, up from ~30
All stances have been changed from auras to buffs, thus freeing up the right mouse button for skill use
These buffs last 20 minutes, overwrite each other and can be turned off upon a recast
Stormblast: damage increased by 13%
Iceburst: damage increased by 18%
Shower of Rocks (buffs, 1s cd debuff ability)
► Show Spoiler

Seems this is mostly quality of life, stances as buffs, so we can attack with right mouse button by holding it. This means character will keep auto-attacking and moving from pack to pack, you will never have to release button. With LMB this doesnt work and as soon as you kill targeted monsters characters stop atacking. It is makes pretty big difference in terms of how comfortable it is to play.
Titan's Fortitude, finally less recasting. It is minor buff, but nice change.
Otherwise small buffs to single target skills, sor could be significant, we will see in practice.
A classic wolf stance build that scales phys damage, going either labrys 2h or sword + Shield (imo stronger/smoother progression because of more AR bonuses, way more defense early thanks to shield), it should be smooth sailing until you hit sort of a wall at level 125ish bosses, unless you spec to either screaming eagle ele damage stacking or snake bite.
It still should provide a fun run with all those qol changes.
youtube.com/ae1337
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Tested new shower of rocks a bit, and I have mixed feelings about it.
It starts off really well, very high damage, you can 1-shot first act bosses with it.
But as you progress and gain more and more attack speed, it starts tapering off.
Main issue I have with it is the cooldown. Skill got buffed a lot for damage but got 1s cooldown and how it interacts with non-cooldown skills.
Problem is, that if you want to use it and use other non-cd skill immediately after, there is still a delay. Character attacks (not just the ones with cooldown) are locked for short period of time. This is the case with all cooldown melee attacks I think, but with one with such short cd this is more pronounced, since you have very small widow to mix in other attacks. Realistically you can hit 1x with other skill, so in case of this build, death gaze, iron spiral or stormblast/iceburst, and then another SOR is already up for casting. Vs if you get to 7fpa and want just to attack with non-cd skill you can get in over 3 attacks per second (25 frames per second, 7 frames per attack thats 3.57 attacks/s). Now if you instead try to go SOR->non-cd attack -> SOR -> non-cd attack, you will do realistically 2 attacks per second, thers also delay of you using skills (vs holding attack button and attacking back to back with 7fpa).
All this results in basically doing more damage, with old skills such as deathgaze or iceburst, even during first bosses in hell difficulty, if you can sit on top of enemy and continously attack.
SOR had no such downside if you hit&move, because you can move instantly after you trigger this skill, movement isnt locked. But if you want use another attack for split second character is not responsive to performing any action other than movement. Combine this with delay of rocks, you are vulnerable to get hit too.

Skil lost in debuff department, because its aoe got lowered, and I think duration of debuff (reduction of enemy AR and speed) lasts shorter? it goes away right after rocks stop faling. So you can no longer just add sor to debuff large area around hassle free, because aoe of such debuff will be small, duration short and it will introduce this delay before you can swing with other attack. You will get more damage to smaller area where SOR falls though, so that is a plus.

Other than that, running with attacks on RMB feels good.
youtube.com/ae1337
ha819
Cultist
24 | 0
I'm not a Baba user, but I'm always getting great help with your posts.
thank you.