The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Sfp4
Pit Knight
103 | 12
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anyone test the updated barb with new eq in beta?
Desperx
Thunder Beetle
59 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What are speed and fhr?
VargasVudma
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hello there, is there was a change in bless crafting? Was trying to craft honorific labrys, but i cant bless it (i applied ed orbs first). Do you need to make item honorific, bless it and only then MO it, or its just not possible anymore to bless honorifics?
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
VargasVudma wrote:Hello there, is there was a change in bless crafting? Was trying to craft honorific labrys, but i cant bless it (i applied ed orbs first). Do you need to make item honorific, bless it and only then MO it, or its just not possible anymore to bless honorifics?

Bless is for sacred only, the recipe hasnt changed, shrine 2ac item
VargasVudma
Skeleton
2 | 0
Helzopro wrote:Bless is for sacred only, the recipe hasnt changed, shrine 2ac item

Oh i see, i missed somehow 2ac part, ty for the answer
Kreisshen
Prowler
16 | 0
Still viable?
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Kreisshen wrote:Still viable?

It’s viable up until fauzt/scosglen and then it becomes very slow. Just play it until you can make gharaniq in an eth kriegsmesser or hammerhead axe (whichever you find first) and craft a guard tower shield. Guard tower completely outclasses earthquake/SoR in fauzt and scosglen.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I was considering updating this, but looking at the changes, all the way from 2.0, doesn't seem like that much changed. Still suffers in the endgame from poor single target skill (sor) vs teleporting bosses. Also inferior scaling while being physical based, compared to elemental damage, since you can't stack pierce.

From what I can see what changed:
- 2.1 - no more ele weapons for EQ, thats nerf for like act1, we can't grab super fast mammen axe early on and wreck with it. Not huge deal
- 2.2 - no more flat phys gain per level, instead more physical synergy instead. Here not sure how impactful it is, with big weapon shouldn't change much.
- 2.3 - runemaster +2% max res, thats net gain; new passive for phys tree, Tectonic, from what I understand it adds chance to proc SOR on attack, while using earthquake. And in the endgame you should get about 4-5% chance? worth a point?, not. If it was samall chance on striking via earthquake, this could help a lot in places like scosglen, proccing additonal sor around fat targets. Very weak imo.
youtube.com/ae1337
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Earthshaker

Shower of Rocks: now reduces enemy Physical resistance by 10% (up from 5%)
Tectonics: Enhanced Weapon Damage needed for 1% proc chance now 150%, down from 180%

Small buffs, nice to see, but it isn't changing much unfortunately. We can maybe hit 7-8% SOR on attack with tectonics in lategame now.
Overall build still works, fast leveling, fairly easy progress, capable of clearing fauzt (a3 merc to melt necrobots), vizjun, duncraig, etc. Falls short in scosglen, needs very good items then and tanky enemies gonna still take even 10s to kill, so that is slow.
I might revisit it later, or in another patch if there are further changes.

edit:

There is also change to shift+click melee abilities that was introduced in earlier patches. It is big quality of life for barb especially, since mana cost of skill is low, so shift+attacking without target (attack procs, mana on attack doesnt work), is not a problem, unlike for example unholy melee pally. Spamming earthquake with shift as we faceroll through zone, without need to target anything feels really good. Not to mention being able to cast thunderslam like it was a spell. Ofc this doesn't solve scosglen scaling and beyond, but it is worth noting.

edit2:
updated for 2.4
youtube.com/ae1337
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
aerial wrote:2.4
Earthshaker

Shower of Rocks: now reduces enemy Physical resistance by 10% (up from 5%)
Tectonics: Enhanced Weapon Damage needed for 1% proc chance now 150%, down from 180%

Small buffs, nice to see, but it isn't changing much unfortunately. We can maybe hit 7-8% SOR on attack with tectonics in lategame now.
Overall build still works, fast leveling, fairly easy progress, capable of clearing fauzt (a3 merc to melt necrobots), vizjun, duncraig, etc. Falls short in scosglen, needs very good items then and tanky enemies gonna still take even 10s to kill, so that is slow.
I might revisit it later, or in another patch if there are further changes.

edit:

There is also change to shift+click melee abilities that was introduced in earlier patches. It is big quality of life for barb especially, since mana cost of skill is low, so shift+attacking without target (attack procs, mana on attack doesnt work), is not a problem, unlike for example unholy melee pally. Spamming earthquake with shift as we faceroll through zone, without need to target anything feels really good. Not to mention being able to cast thunderslam like it was a spell. Ofc this doesn't solve scosglen scaling and beyond, but it is worth noting.

edit2:
updated for 2.4

Until it gets fixed you can have fun with SoR being a ranged spell on mouseover quickcast :mrgreen: