The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
AKwasp
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
aerial wrote:Some things changed though, expect jday to be harder, it was reworked and these guys hit super hard.

Rereading these pages and this hits home. Currently 123 but can't beat these high council angels. The only sub-120 content I haven't managed is Bartuc, which seems to grief me in the same way. Dozens of summons get in the way, and when I try to run away like in the videos the bosses just keep spawning more unkillable adds until the screen is overwhelmed.

I've got the RW (w/ 5 ED mo + maxed lucky DR) sacred ancient armor and plated belt, and 2 fully upgraded Assur Rings. I feel the problem is my lack of mechanical skill, but I'm just not sure how to approach the battle differently. Dart in for a hit, run away to drag the adds away, dart back for another hit, repeat, until eventually the room is too full of adds. Maybe Wrathchild wasn't meant to carry 120+? I feel my best option is returning to K3K for awhile to grind more sacred drops and shrines. My clearspeed there is much better than Duncraig and the Amazons don't drop enough potions.
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If you need potions to clear K3K, well. Try getting some life leech/LoSiM on weapon.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
AKwasp wrote:
aerial wrote:Some things changed though, expect jday to be harder, it was reworked and these guys hit super hard.

Rereading these pages and this hits home. Currently 123 but can't beat these high council angels. The only sub-120 content I haven't managed is Bartuc, which seems to grief me in the same way. Dozens of summons get in the way, and when I try to run away like in the videos the bosses just keep spawning more unkillable adds until the screen is overwhelmed.

I've got the RW (w/ 5 ED mo + maxed lucky DR) sacred ancient armor and plated belt, and 2 fully upgraded Assur Rings. I feel the problem is my lack of mechanical skill, but I'm just not sure how to approach the battle differently. Dart in for a hit, run away to drag the adds away, dart back for another hit, repeat, until eventually the room is too full of adds. Maybe Wrathchild wasn't meant to carry 120+? I feel my best option is returning to K3K for awhile to grind more sacred drops and shrines. My clearspeed there is much better than Duncraig and the Amazons don't drop enough potions.

I have few barbs saved in single player at different stages of progression, so I can test things.
Legacy of blood you can do with tiered uniques absolutely, I just tried (0 crafts).
It isn't trivial, you need try few times if things go wrong.
You may wanna use iceburst when guy is isolated from ads initially. Time thundergod nova when you enter, and follow it with thunderslam, gives you nice window of time where ads are stunned, to dps the boss. You wanna opener where you basically cut like half his hp with just that initial sturn/burst rotation.
Also these ads are killable, tag with sor, use deathgaze, you can reduce their numbers temporarily, they will keep spawning ofc, but initially you can kill them off, it just gets out of control if fight takes too long.

As for clearning duncraig, it should be fairly easy once you get enough defense. Thats the thing, running there with 500k isn't comfortable, need more, really push those tcd upgrades on all slots, use maximum amount of runes etc. Using sor does wonders there, as once sor is active, you can be completely surrounded, it feels like nothing can hit you (except barrels ofc).

Jday I havn't tried yet, but from what I remember doing this as amazon on realm this season, it might be rough for melee.

One more thing regarding progression. EXP was buffed in last patch, to the point we level really fast. You basically end up unlocking next wave of ubers almost before youre done with previous one.. which results in having less gear/shrines than before. Unless ofc you go back and farm more. But there was time where you literally needed to run k3k like 10-15x full clear (w/o exp gear) on top of what you do now, to hit 120, and then move on.
Same way with for example TA uber, you want to get trophy for +5% physical resistance. Now you will outlevel this place before you get it. Another factor is trophy drops in 3 pieces, and this eliminates possibility to find it fast (being lucky). Before you needed that lucky 2-3% drop and you were done, 3 bosses per run. Now you need find 3 and their chance is proportionally lower, so you need to put time and run this place many times if you want to get that.
Just keep that in mind when you judge progression, recent patch had prettty substantial exp boost, and you level faster than before, which means you work with less gear, if you want to progress as soon as you hit next exp stage.
youtube.com/ae1337
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2

Is this any good? It's kind of barebones and I have no use for Summon Life, but it's 200 ED and 300 Max with no shrine blessings or MOs.
I figured I shouldn't have used a Weird shrine but I just wanted to hit 200/300 as soon as I could.

Any ideas how to take this further?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Yeah its good, upgrade from TU, you can calculate what % your phys damage in d2stats go up compared to T4 unique axe.
As for Mo, you want 5x attack rating on it for sure, lucky oil too. And beyond that it depends, can put life leech for farming (not so good vs bosses), can add some mana on attack, can add deadly strike (direct multiplier to damage). You could even throw in a bit of attack speed if you for example miss it to hit last breakpoint and already maxed other options (all jewels for example).
youtube.com/ae1337
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
aerial wrote:Yeah its good, upgrade from TU, you can calculate what % your phys damage in d2stats go up compared to T4 unique axe.
As for Mo, you want 5x attack rating on it for sure, lucky oil too. And beyond that it depends, can put life leech for farming (not so good vs bosses), can add some mana on attack, can add deadly strike (direct multiplier to damage). You could even throw in a bit of attack speed if you for example miss it to hit last breakpoint and already maxed other options (all jewels for example).

AR MOs it is then. Thanks!

What shrine do I bless it with? Abandoned for more AR?

Intimidating sounds nice but the STR req shoots through the roof, like in the 1.0 k I believe.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Several options, could go for pierce, for more AR.
You may want to for example craft helm with ancient's hand oskill, and then try get some fire pierce here and there, along with fire piercing runes, use that as single target. It will be significantly stronger than 1pt iceburst. That is probably route I'd go, to benefit from those new runes.
If we can get it to the point of ancient's hand with about 70 pierce from runes/crafts, that is going to triple damage against bosses, besides being 40% higher from skill itself (35% AH vs 25% iceburst).
youtube.com/ae1337
Urezzz
Bone Archer
71 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
is the 2 handed set any good?
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Don't want to sound a bit cocky, but I might just roll one of the best craft :P I only think of
Yaggai's Sagaris
Yaggai's Sagaris
Labrys (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (441 - 471) to (496 - 527)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 796
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Thunderfury
50% Chance to cast level 16 Stormblast on Melee Attack
50% Attack Speed
Adds 150-200 Damage
-35% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+100 to Strength
+100 to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(10 to 20)%
+250 Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (6)
could compare to beat it.

Robotak
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Hello, i have one question. How does
Thunder King of Sescheron
Thunder King of Sescheron
Kriegsmesser (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 57
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 642
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Stormblast: +1 Projectile
Thundergod Nova Deals 5000 Lightning Damage
Lightning Shield: +(18 to 30) Lightning Damage to Weapon per Skill Level
20% Chance to cast level 10 Life Spark on Melee Attack
Adds (200 to 300)-(450 to 600) Lightning Damage
-(30 to 40)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+10 to Stormblast
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
100% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
work? Do I have to wield it right hand to have effect or left hand, how does it work with another high dps weapon like great sword? Or is it viable to dual wield this weapon ( 2 kings ) which will result in 3 stormblast projectiles? Thanks