The Sumodin

snjac
Cultist
24 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Grasshopper wrote:
aerial wrote:This build is glorious to level with, insane damage. Falls off a bit when you get to ubers, im curious how you gonna progress with it.

I was trying verison with wyrms, but it is hard to balance fire damage/pierce with minion stats, and spell ends up doing fraction of damage that scourges do.
Melee hybrid seems like better choice. I'd even go further and try to spam DJ on top of scourge. It doesn't cost you that much to have ok melee dps + minion stats.

I'm wondering about Wyrms - wondering if aerial tried using Frozen Breath or Drakemaw as the Holy caster skill?

The reason I ask is because the latest suggestion is to drop Plague, so I'm thinking what's left to make me use the holy melee tree? Sure there's Colosseum, Dragonheart and DJ but...

Once we get DA do we really need Colosseum?
    To use DJ we need to be in melee range and that can be dangerous.
    Dragonheart - ok defence is good if we're in melee range. If.

So if there's a good - or even worthwhile - holy caster skill we still get to boost the Scourges and do something useful from the safety of range, with DA to get around.

Better still, we can pump mana instead of dex and re-cast Scourges as needed. Maybe even with a Sorc morph item for cast speed (just thiniking out loud there, that's not a part of the build thoughts really).

Does anyone have any experience of Frozen Breath or Drakemaw against ubers/bosses?

Those skills works only after you cast solar flare, and with other stuff going on like positioning yourself constantly, I doubt you will have enough time to do much recasting. Solar flare -> Drakemaw / Frozen Breath -> Move -> Colloseum + Minion buff... Well at least that is not the playstile for me, but if you're okay with such tweeks try it out and let us know how it goes :)

I see the intention, I was thinking myself the same, but if you don't have the time to cast it more than 7-8 times without moving around, I don't know is it worth it. As I mentioned earlier as well, due to summoner gear, damage wouldn't be so great.

If such skill is needed, I'd rather invest in an item that gives you some party buff skill and stick with that. Furthermore I have already switched my plague points into Dragonhearth.
Zertan
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
aerial wrote:This build is glorious to level with, insane damage. Falls off a bit when you get to ubers, im curious how you gonna progress with it.

I was trying verison with wyrms, but it is hard to balance fire damage/pierce with minion stats, and spell ends up doing fraction of damage that scourges do.
Melee hybrid seems like better choice. I'd even go further and try to spam DJ on top of scourge. It doesn't cost you that much to have ok melee dps + minion stats.

What would a DJ/scourge hybrid look like? I'm looking for a tanky melee paladin build to play.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Yes I was aware of the need to cast Solar Flare and that it's a pain (horrible mechanic, only justifiable if the damage is significantly higher). It seemed tolerable siomply because the player isn't essential if teh Scourges are doing the main damage.

The other option is to go Unholy caster and use Hoplites? I realise they don't have crucify chance but they will be very tanky and get +5% damage from every point in the unholy tree same as Scourges do from the Holy tree.

Unholy caster doesn't need to pre-casrt anything and some of the skills used to be quite strong (not sure how they are now?). Gain the benefit of bering a caster is to pump mana and be able to re-cast the summons 'on the go'.
Edited by Grasshopper 5 years.
Unnamed
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
unholy caster don't have colosseum - essential part of this build ;)
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Unnamed wrote:unholy caster don't have colosseum - essential part of this build ;)

Already covered that in previous post - DA instead, so how essential is colosseum really? Which is a genuine question, I don't know the answer, if its -100% defence and a bit of damage reduction are absolutely essential then ok, but I'm genuinely asking if that could be covered by having the damage output from the player in unholy spec. Alongside the other advantages (mana, staying safer at range).

I'm just asking questions along with suggestions to se if the buld can be good at ubers as well as levelling fast. :D
snjac
Cultist
24 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Unnamed wrote:unholy caster don't have colosseum - essential part of this build ;)

Divine apparition is there as reward skill, can use that one to jump around.

Still, as unholy caster need minion stats ... But if you go Minion stats + lightning spell damage + - enemy lightning resistance / lightning ress pierce, that kind of build could actually work really nice.

I will try to craft some gear along the way for full build before testing it out.

I guess that would take a lot of tainted, ornate and magical shrines with a lot of special unique jewels and mystic orbs.

I don't think it's worth the resources in making such hybrid.
Edited by snjac 5 years.
Unnamed
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
da =/= colosseum
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:EDIT: Congrats Darkstorm. Aside from Grasshopper you're the 2nd person I blocked on this forum.

Why woud you do that? Asking questions is a crime now?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Grasshopper wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:EDIT: Congrats Darkstorm. Aside from Grasshopper you're the 2nd person I blocked on this forum.

Why woud you do that? Asking questions is a crime now?

Oh by no means asking questions is forbidden. I always feel good when I can abswer a question and help somebody else. The reason I blocked you was because of this „debate“ a couple of months ago. I just don‘t want to see such things anymore.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3302&p=175977#p175977
TheMoui
Imp
5 | 0
Thanx for the guide ! But I have hit a wall on Baal Nightmare :s . My minion are killed instantly and he kills me in two hits :/
I'm progressivly increasing minion life and resist but it doesn't seem to change anything for now... Any ideas ?