Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mathqc wrote:OK! Any tips for a new player to get going?

I do believe that i should go with the Runewords items? If i understand correctly, i pick-up any grey item, and socket Jewels + The Rune right?

Thanks again!

Yes, that's exactly how it works.

If you like, you can also put a few points into Vessel of Justice in order to have a better killspeed early on, but it's not really needed. Other than that: Have fun!
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Sounds nice and fun to play, plus the name is just perfect :-D
Have a cookie
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Sounds very nice .... i will try one :bounce:
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
RequiemLux wrote:Sounds nice and fun to play, plus the name is just perfect :-D
Have a cookie

Thank you good Sir! I actually only created the guide because I found such a fitting name xD

Either way, I'll continue tomorrow. I'm level 110 now and finally in act 3. I added the Tal Rasha fight already
Landy360
Imp
4 | 0
Hey there, thanks for guide. What am i putting my stat points in to? New to median
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Landy360 wrote:Hey there, thanks for guide. What am i putting my stat points in to? New to median

It seems I updated the guide just as you read.

Strength: As much as you need
Dexterity: Everything else.

No points into Vita and Energy for now.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
mathqc
Destroyer
6 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
mathqc wrote:OK! Any tips for a new player to get going?

I do believe that i should go with the Runewords items? If i understand correctly, i pick-up any grey item, and socket Jewels + The Rune right?

Thanks again!

Yes, that's exactly how it works.

If you like, you can also put a few points into Vessel of Justice in order to have a better killspeed early on, but it's not really needed. Other than that: Have fun!

Thank you!!
IOPPB
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
In the first post are you saying totem/summon necro is worse than summon paladin? What about summon barb? How would you rank the 3?
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
aerial wrote:This build is glorious to level with, insane damage. Falls off a bit when you get to ubers, im curious how you gonna progress with it.

I was trying verison with wyrms, but it is hard to balance fire damage/pierce with minion stats, and spell ends up doing fraction of damage that scourges do.
Melee hybrid seems like better choice. I'd even go further and try to spam DJ on top of scourge. It doesn't cost you that much to have ok melee dps + minion stats.

Interesting thought. Which skills would you take points away from in 'the main build' to use in DJ?

My first thought was maybe less defence, so less in Dragonheart but then if you're going to play in melee range you might need the defence. I'd be interested to hear what you're thinking on this.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I do not know, I tried similar buid at the previous version, leveling was ok, but for yberst this particular buid was too weak. But i'm keeping an eye, wheter at sigma ybers this buid fares better or not. (The main culprit was too weak poison, at the sigma poison got buffed, so...) But its is a good and very fast build for TU (arcane crystals) runs , no doubt about it