The Sumodin

sechsauge
Invader
9 | 0
TDLofCC wrote:
sechsauge wrote:But after Level 80 you can no longer enhance that charm with a jewel, right?

The level I finally reached Mephi was 83 or even 84 and I tried to keep every enemy alive if possible xD
I am confused that your build uses holy and unholy skills. Is this guild written for another (earlier) version of median?

Greetings
sechsauge

Not sure what you mean with the charm/jewel thing ... but you're not using holy and unholy since thats impossibe.
You're using neutral skills on the unholy skill tab and holy skills (on the holy skills tab).

Thx for clearing that out :) Thought the restrictions would be for the total of all skills :)
sechsauge
Invader
9 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
sechsauge wrote:But after Level 80 you can no longer enhance that charm with a jewel, right?

The level I finally reached Mephi was 83 or even 84 and I tried to keep every enemy alive if possible xD
I am confused that your build uses holy and unholy skills. Is this guild written for another (earlier) version of median?

Greetings
sechsauge

In that case you can always mule the charm to a new character of the same class, alongside a jewel, cube it both and mule back.

Also, wasn‘t that challenge changed from „max req level 80“ to „min req level 80“?

I am totally new to the mod, so I am quite confused with the versions and the information I was able to find about the challenges in the wikis.
As far as I found out there WAS a challenge for level 5.
There WAS a challenge for Level 90.
And there are two challenges. One for 50 to 59 which is still doable above 59 but then costs 2 acanes and one for level 80 which gives you a nice charm. But if you can get it and still be level 80 you can further enhance it by cubing it with a jewel.

I am just not sure if that´s the way it currently is ^^

About the muling.... damn :( I need 7 minutes to start the game (SEVEN!) and 3 min to start a char. Ending a char also takes 3 minutes.... xD
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
sechsauge wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:

Greetings
sechsauge

In that case you can always mule the charm to a new character of the same class, alongside a jewel, cube it both and mule back.

Also, wasn‘t that challenge changed from „max req level 80“ to „min req level 80“?

I am totally new to the mod, so I am quite confused with the versions and the information I was able to find about the challenges in the wikis.
As far as I found out there WAS a challenge for level 5.
There WAS a challenge for Level 90.
And there are two challenges. One for 50 to 59 which is still doable above 59 but then costs 2 acanes and one for level 80 which gives you a nice charm. But if you can get it and still be level 80 you can further enhance it by cubing it with a jewel.

I am just not sure if that´s the way it currently is ^^

About the muling.... damn :( I need 7 minutes to start the game (SEVEN!) and 3 min to start a char. Ending a char also takes 3 minutes.... xD

Oh shit. How can you possible take that??? You should definiely switch from glide to Direct 3D using the D2vidtst.exe in your D2 directory. Or use window mode. Then you won't have that long start up times.

And yes you're right. the level 5 challenge is gone. The level 90 challenge is gone. And the level 80 challenge was changed. Now you only need to kill 1 necromancer in K3K, cube the heroic torch to get your class charm and done. You don't need to cube that charm with a jewel anymore. So both challenges are easily doable without having to rely on creating a new character.
sechsauge
Invader
9 | 0
Ah, perfect.

I will try the Direct-3d-thing.... but windowed-mode were not faster.

Edit: Yes, that helped, now it starts and ends like a charm :) Thx a lot.

Greetz
sechsauge
Xunametra
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Anyone playing Sumodin in 1.1?

I know necro is all the rage but I'm not the biggest fan of the hawk skill requiring so much active casting.

It seems like the fact that bosses don't heal off summons should also be a nice buff to this build too in theory? A lot of those bosses will still simply destroy the summons, but it moves them atleast from "literally impossible" to "extremely impractical".

Any other significant changes that help or hurt the build? It seems at least there should be a fair bit of gear worth looking at.
Refused
Cultist
21 | 0
Xunametra wrote:Anyone playing Sumodin in 1.1?

I know necro is all the rage but I'm not the biggest fan of the hawk skill requiring so much active casting.

It seems like the fact that bosses don't heal off summons should also be a nice buff to this build too in theory? A lot of those bosses will still simply destroy the summons, but it moves them atleast from "literally impossible" to "extremely impractical".

Any other significant changes that help or hurt the build? It seems at least there should be a fair bit of gear worth looking at.

I totally overlooked that part of the patch note, seems like a huge boost for the build. I am playing a Sumoding right now, just got to level 80 and got my class charm. Overall about to end nightmare. Runs very smooth but there are also no changes to last season up to this point really.

Does anyone know of Hymn works on summons actually?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Xunametra wrote:Anyone playing Sumodin in 1.1?

Yep will update the guide accordingly. I just had to start anew, because my old save files were lost when I got a new pc a month ago. I'm currently at the start of act 3 normal, so don't expect this to be soon.

However aside from the buff you said, crucify also got a 20% damage buff. I think scourge have the exact same ability, so that should mean, we got a 20% damage buff.

@refused hymn should work on summons.
Refused
Cultist
21 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:@refused hymn should work on summons.

Very good, will try that some time. Would you happen to know if Slayer counts as spell or as summon in terms of what +% benefits it? I assume it is a spell despite the tool tip stating you are "summoning" a slayer?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Refused wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:@refused hymn should work on summons.

Very good, will try that some time. Would you happen to know if Slayer counts as spell or as summon in terms of what +% benefits it? I assume it is a spell despite the tool tip stating you are "summoning" a slayer?

Yes, it's a spell. It profits from +magic/phyiscal spell damage only.
TDLofCC
Prowler
18 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This is now my go-to farm build ... its awesome. I just hit 120 and did most of the ubers before that, getting started on the 120s now.

It feels a little weaker, but only just ... my gear atm still sucks so that hurts, altho summons are up to 40k AR, 18K health and ~4200 damage. Not bad to farm K3K and Teganze with.

The new TU mask and field plate are good starters now, just disregard the +2 necro on the mask ;)