How Spell Damage is calculated

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
mortimer_85
Core Lord
381 | 140
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Soulfighter wrote:This the most amazing thread I've found on the forums, it's so detailed I absolutely love it. I started playing median a couple of weeks ago and I was a bit sad at the lack of specific, precise infos like that. Thanks a bunch man!

Thanks for the kind words.
There is still some work to do, to make this thread as amazing as you may find it :)
Edited by mortimer_85 1 year.
SingleInfinity
Jungle Hunter
25 | 4
The +hailstorm amulet on necrolyte doesn't seem to be working. I tossed a +30 one on mine, and he went from 38 to 36 (other amulet was +2 all skills).
mortimer_85
Core Lord
381 | 140
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
SingleInfinity wrote:The +hailstorm amulet on necrolyte doesn't seem to be working. I tossed a +30 one on mine, and he went from 38 to 36 (other amulet was +2 all skills).

Good to know. In Sigma the actual skill levels are shown on the merc screen. My bad, that I have not tested it yet.
I will change this part in the merc section and will post it in the feedback thread.
mortimer_85
Core Lord
381 | 140
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
updated SD and Synergy sections to 1.3.
Since some caster builds got buffed this season I figured I give this thread a bump
sorrow
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I found a different version of SkillCalculator here at: https://dev.median-xl.com/?script=skillcalc_back
Is this version updated since I don't see any warning lol
mortimer_85
Core Lord
381 | 140
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
sorrow wrote:I found a different version of SkillCalculator here at: https://dev.median-xl.com/?script=skillcalc_back
Is this version updated since I don't see any warning lol

It is outdated.
Believe me, if something like an up to date skill calc would be out there, the community would know by now :)
Philby
Cog
203 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has ever created a spreadsheet (excel) to calculate the spell damage / total damage taken by enemy (including pierce)
I'm trying to make one but my brain starts melting halfway.
It could be useful to check what stat is best to boost when you can choose between +skill or +sd%, synergy, Energy factor to SD... Typically when crafting items.
Thanks !
mortimer_85
Core Lord
381 | 140
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Philby wrote:Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has ever created a spreadsheet (excel) to calculate the spell damage / total damage taken by enemy (including pierce)
It could be useful to check what stat is best to boost when you can choose between +skill or +sd%, synergy, Energy factor to SD... Typically when crafting items.
Thanks !

yes and no.
Some people - me included - made excel sheets to compare gearing options in terms of Spell Damage. Since every spell scales differently with the skill level, this is the only part that cannot be implemented easily. Most of those documents are made for private use only since they are neither convenient to use nor fool proof.

Stick to the TLDR: Pierce -> SD -> ene+ EF. Later on balance the stuff with your Abacus :)
Philby
Cog
203 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mortimer_85 wrote:
Philby wrote:Hi,
Thanks !

yes and no.
Some people - me included - made excel sheets to compare gearing options in terms of Spell Damage. Since every spell scales differently with the skill level, this is the only part that cannot be implemented easily. Most of those documents are made for private use only since they are neither convenient to use nor fool proof.

Stick to the TLDR: Pierce -> SD -> ene+ EF. Later on balance the stuff with your Abacus :)

Thanks ! This rule sounds right to me.
mortimer_85
Core Lord
381 | 140
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
hey,
Since the changes to Spell Focus and the simplification of the synergy calculation there is no need for a guide anymore.
Maybe I will change the content at some day - but not now.

@mods: This thread can be archived