Phoebe, the Hammerzon

velislav87
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hey i started playing this build got the leveling uniques but i keep dying from magic dmg. While leveling from where i should get my resists ? Uniques doenst have much of them
AltQQ
Skeleton
2 | 0
velislav87 wrote:Hey i started playing this build got the leveling uniques but i keep dying from magic dmg. While leveling from where i should get my resists ? Uniques doenst have much of them

i think u need perfect gems on socket of ur armor.
Fenric
Thunder Beetle
58 | 0
I really enjoyed the early levels, Thundercrack is great for clearing. But now I'm 105 in A3 Hell and the last two acts were a chore to get through. I'm following the gear listed, got all the TUs at 4, MO'd and all. I feel like I'm missing something. The damage just isn't there now and I don't know enough to see how to improve it before getting the sacred unique upgrades.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AltQQ wrote:
velislav87 wrote:Hey i started playing this build got the leveling uniques but i keep dying from magic dmg. While leveling from where i should get my resists ? Uniques doenst have much of them

i think u need perfect gems on socket of ur armor.

Yea, like AltQQ said, most of your sockets are resist gems that also give max resist with the element, so your resists should be more than covered for gameplay. There are some uber quests later on that will be easier with stacking a specific resist where you wouldn't need some of the others, but you should be well off for regular play.

Fenric wrote:I really enjoyed the early levels, Thundercrack is great for clearing. But now I'm 105 in A3 Hell and the last two acts were a chore to get through. I'm following the gear listed, got all the TUs at 4, MO'd and all. I feel like I'm missing something. The damage just isn't there now and I don't know enough to see how to improve it before getting the sacred unique upgrades.

You're right around the point where Hammer of Zerae becomes your main skill. Thundercrack drops off quite a bit until late game again when the damage spikes back up with gear and charms to be able to use it, but start using Hammer more as your main skill with thundercrack and mag field as alternative damages for kiting as needed or trash mobs here and there.
Heisenberg
Destroyer
6 | 1
Nice just had the Skin of Kabraxis drop on my way to Summoner. I didn't check out the endgame gear yet and was just about to come on here and ask if it would be any good.
velislav87
Destroyer
6 | 0
sorry i couldnt find a good answer. If i socket TU2 and upgrade it to 3 do i lose the gems ?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
velislav87 wrote:sorry i couldnt find a good answer. If i socket TU2 and upgrade it to 3 do i lose the gems ?

Yes. Unsocket the gems first with oil of disjunction from the vendor in town, then uptier your TU with an arcane crystal + rune to roll the stats to next tier.
tylerfar
Pit Knight
118 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash,

I dont see it here, but do you know what Smax is? And how does that differ from regularly maxing skill points
Fenric
Thunder Beetle
58 | 0
Crash wrote:You're right around the point where Hammer of Zerae becomes your main skill. Thundercrack drops off quite a bit until late game again when the damage spikes back up with gear and charms to be able to use it, but start using Hammer more as your main skill with thundercrack and mag field as alternative damages for kiting as needed or trash mobs here and there.

I am using it. I had to go to town half a dozen times or so for mana to kill Mephisto. I always forget about Spellbind though. I still feel like I'm missing something. I guess if I had some mana sustain it would be a lot better, but I really am lacking damage.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tylerfar wrote:Crash,

I dont see it here, but do you know what Smax is? And how does that differ from regularly maxing skill points

smax = supermax. I'm not sure the term is as relevant anymore. to me, smax always meant max but with the +max skills gear equipped. Those items don't give max skills anymore though, so just max

@fenric do you have mana leech at all? Are you hitting mephisto with hammer or are you missing a lot? try mag field for some bosses too.