Phoebe, the Hammerzon

Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How good is the bonus from Skin of Kabraxis (+300% Weapon Physical Damage if Wielding a Scepter)?
How is it calcualted?

Is it much better than Jitan's Kamon? Since you're losing about 400-800 added cold/fire/lightning damage.
Fabiessence
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
Between this (10%dex roll)
Angel Heart
Angel Heart
Amulet

Required Level: 40
Item Level: 40
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
(5 to 10)% to Strength
(5 to 10)% to Dexterity
(15 to 25)% Bonus to Defense
+(3 to 5) to Light Radius
and
Dyers Eve
Dyers Eve
Amulet

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
5% Chance to cast level 5 Time Strike on Striking
+2 to All Skills
Adds 15-20 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Elemental Resists +10%
Physical Resist (1 to 10)%
?
When I see +%dex i lose my mind but not sure if its really worth past some point.
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Fabiessence wrote:Between this (10%dex roll)
Angel Heart
Angel Heart
Amulet

Required Level: 40
Item Level: 40
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
(5 to 10)% to Strength
(5 to 10)% to Dexterity
(15 to 25)% Bonus to Defense
+(3 to 5) to Light Radius
and
Dyers Eve
Dyers Eve
Amulet

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
5% Chance to cast level 5 Time Strike on Striking
+2 to All Skills
Adds 15-20 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Elemental Resists +10%
Physical Resist (1 to 10)%
?
When I see +%dex i lose my mind but not sure if its really worth past some point.

That point for me anyway would be once ive hit Block Cap i would think.. For example if you are not capped quite yet and the %dex puts you there then sure.. but Dyers Eye is a pretty damn nice ammy for us Leech+Flat Phys+that all res was super helpful to my personal setup. Ideally since +1 skills dont seem to have the punch it does with other setups ive noticed i personally am aiming to try and Lucky mine with the Jitan's Gate Charm for +Max All Res.. Very very low chance to hit but im pretty sure thats out BIS if you plan for Dyers Eye as your endgame ammy. IMHO anyway.. Already hit that +1 lucky so im working on having BOTH now. hehe But yeah im actually finding the more i play the less important Max Block is especially in some endgame stuff compaired to just raw +Max Res. Just depends though on the content ofcourse.

But yeah you also could consider the more %dex you have besides from gems the more Amethyst gems later on you can swap out for +max res gems and still have block cap or atleast thats what im doing currently since hitting 75% block. Whats interesting to me was i hit Block Cap with that Setzchild Shield. And an Amazon Helm i found with +1% Block and once i swapped to Skin of Kab+Danmaku i had to remake Max Block again. Mostly because of STR Requirements. So something you will probably want to be aware of if and when you start to work out of your TUs. Especially working out of that Chargebreaker into Danmaku because we lose alot of STR with that swap in particular. That and i lost +1% Block from my Helm since from that point the Titan Helm was pretty much required. Especially once i found my Endless Loop. You pretty much almost imo anyway will be running that Helm Endgame.. For the Str alone.
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Stinky wrote:
pausenbrot wrote:any tips on doing quov tsin ? i got 85% element res and and crystalline flame medalion , but he kills me so fast , i cant even dmg him once.
there is nothing that can block his spells ... right now i think he is impossible for hammerzone.

btw thanks for the build, till now everything was kinda easy or at least ok.

I am in the same situation as you. Quov was impossible for me even with 90% max res.

Demonlord wrote:So what do you think about this same setup almost but running a Spear/Javlin with the Danmaku shield and everything? Swap out skin of kabraxis ofcourse but otherwise mostly the same. How good is that Moonbeam skill anyway? The regen looks worth it if the damage is there. Might also be alot easier to aim than hammers because the biggest problem ive run into is Kabraxis and its not so much the fight itself and kiting but rather getting damage with hammers on the guy because of how hammers work. and now that i have a good feel for how the build plays otherwise i was wondering what other options we have besides lightning and sceptres and if its worth trying out those other options. i seen you playing in alot of the same gear with a xbow or bow i think the other day on stream and it looked REALLY good.. especially the clear. but how does it boss?

The hammerzon is capable of killing Kabraxis. Takes a lot of patience & technique to get a kill down. Running to the spot where he'll jump on you & pre firing a couple of hammers will let you leech hp. I found hitting him with the curse helped as well. Duper frustrating at first, but killable.

As far as Quiv Tsin is concerned i found that 90% All Res (Fire Cold Light only..) AND you also need ALL your Jewelry MO'ed with Flat Physical Damage Red 30 on each ring and 30 on ammy.. That put me to 110 so from there you just need to find atleast one more piece to MO with 30 Flat Phys possibly 2 to be super safe and the boss will then just about deal no damage to us i found. (My first kill was only with 89% all res and only 90 flat phys red.)

Now Kabraxis.. Yeah this dude is just mechanically Anti-Hammers to begin with compared to most other bosses. Ive pretty much got to the point i can brute force the fight but i was REALLY wanting to down that content as it came.. in otherwords i really wanted the kill done at lvl 120.. not 125 or more.. but whatever. Guess it doesnt matter how you do it its did you do it.. Everything else up to that point was possible at level in TUs. 120 was where i hit content that TUs just wasn't getting it anymore. Not to say a more skilled player behind the build couldnt also get some of the said content down in TUs. I know its possible. I just couldnt pull it off.. close as hell a couple times but the damage just wasnt quite there.
Edited by Demonlord 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tanin wrote:How good is the bonus from Skin of Kabraxis (+300% Weapon Physical Damage if Wielding a Scepter)?
How is it calcualted?

Is it much better than Jitan's Kamon? Since you're losing about 400-800 added cold/fire/lightning damage.

yes because by that point, monsters are fairly resistant to elemental damage anyways and we have no pierce to make that valuable. The char is primarily physical damage based, so skin of kab is massively better also for the other stats it has. unsure how it's calculated. fairly certain its bugged after another guy and I went through some damage testing and hitting cap. It's supposed to be 300% EWD if using a scepter.
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Something i just discovered by running this build (And by finally killing Quov Tsin...) if any of you guys out there are having issues farming Tenganzie.. for Elemental Runes (This was one of my main focuses i wanted to farm going into this build as my very first ever.. and kinda wish i knew all this going in too..) I found out only recently that your Leech DOES NOT WORK in this map for whatever reason.. or IF it does its at a huge amount less for whatever reason. And since Leech is one of our big layers of defenses i found this place nearly undoable for this build till i finally downed Quov Tsin (89/89/89/79 all res with only 90 Flat Phys Red.. And yes that extra 60 Flat DOES make all the difference if you try so get that extra 40-50 Flat somewhere for this fight to be a joke) i decided why not take the same concept to Tenganzie and see if i can actually farm that place and while we still have to pound flasks to keep it going atleast with the resistances buffed along with some Elemental Absorb from Wheel of Fortune and that helm im using with some absord its enough to actually make this place farmable on this build...

Would LOVE to hear of any other suggestions for making this place less of an issue. This was the best i found but it works.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
leech works fine. it was added in a recent patch.
ajulasilotr
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I read quite often about the dmg cap with HoZ, with my new qarags on me and my merc i hit about 23k dmg but cant seem to "feel" the cap - a few people said the cap was at around 16k... I dont have Battlemaiden yet so I cant test it with that but are there some infos about the cap i should be aware of?
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Crash wrote:leech works fine. it was added in a recent patch.

Interesting.. as of today i still have not been able to leech in there and i was told they were not going to patch it this ladder. ao its wasnt a huge noticeable change to going from not leeching to leeching. But yeah i still as of 2 hours ago do not leech anything and still have to swap my gear out to even have a chance at clearing the map what so ever. so idk. I did notice the oskill on my Endless Loop does seem to give me some returns but my normal leech on the hammers just isnt there,
Edited by Demonlord 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ajulasilotr wrote:I read quite often about the dmg cap with HoZ, with my new qarags on me and my merc i hit about 23k dmg but cant seem to "feel" the cap - a few people said the cap was at around 16k... I dont have Battlemaiden yet so I cant test it with that but are there some infos about the cap i should be aware of?

it's an issue with the orange text on the skin of kabraxis armor I think. If you dont have that armor, you should be fine.

Demonlord wrote:
Crash wrote:leech works fine. it was added in a recent patch.

Interesting.. as of today i still have not been able to leech in there and i was told they were not going to patch it this ladder. ao its wasnt a huge noticeable change to going from not leeching to leeching. But yeah i still as of 2 hours ago do not leech anything and still have to swap my gear out to even have a chance at clearing the map what so ever. so idk.

I just finished a few runs with my necromancer and leech definitely works fine in there.