Phoebe, the Hammerzon

Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So what do you think about this same setup almost but running a Spear/Javlin with the Danmaku shield and everything? Swap out skin of kabraxis ofcourse but otherwise mostly the same. How good is that Moonbeam skill anyway? The regen looks worth it if the damage is there. Might also be alot easier to aim than hammers because the biggest problem ive run into is Kabraxis and its not so much the fight itself and kiting but rather getting damage with hammers on the guy because of how hammers work. and now that i have a good feel for how the build plays otherwise i was wondering what other options we have besides lightning and sceptres and if its worth trying out those other options. i seen you playing in alot of the same gear with a xbow or bow i think the other day on stream and it looked REALLY good.. especially the clear. but how does it boss?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
well javazon is 100% a different build, and there's a guide for that. I don't bother with jav. not my playstyle preference.
Babyshoe
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey Crash 140 Hammerzon here, curious about a couple things. Collector mentioned to me the other day that I should keep my damage around 16k with hammers to avoid hitting damage cap? Because hitting damage cap glitches it out and doesn't count the damage or resets it or something? Does that still apply or has that been fixed? Also I don't feel like I'm clearing all that fast, my spec is a tad bit different than yours but even when I tried your skills same thing.

Stats are as follows:

210 IAS
259 FHR
275 FBR
114 FRW
193 FCR

36% leech
or
40% with giants knuckle

dex is 3152

Defense is at 467k

I have every item I need gear wise aside from Battlemaiden. Have most charms. Maybe its because I'm way over breakpoints? I dunno, hopefully you can help, thanks in advance!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Maybe I’m wrong but I discussed with another veteran player about the damage issue and we both, as well as one of the devs, believe it’s an issue with the orange text on the skin of kabraxis armor being some type of multiplier instead of additive ewd.

I still don’t bother with it. My zon does 34k self
Buffed but with stats and speeds worse than yours. Perhaps I’m not understanding but you should be doing better than me. I’m still using a couple tu’s
Tanker641
Skeleton
2 | 0
So crushing blow still works and we should still spec a lot of our skill points into war spirit? or did it get nerfed this season?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tanker641 wrote:So crushing blow still works and we should still spec a lot of our skill points into war spirit? or did it get nerfed this season?

crushing blow is the same as its always been, just not effective against most bosses now.
Vincendra
Vampiress
35 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Crash wrote:
Tanker641 wrote:So crushing blow still works and we should still spec a lot of our skill points into war spirit? or did it get nerfed this season?

crushing blow is the same as its always been, just not effective against most bosses now.

CB really only gets good to invest into at 4+ players in a game. Before you do enough damage to trashmobs to mostly 1-2 shot them.
pausenbrot
Fallen
1 | 0
any tips on doing quov tsin ? i got 85% element res and and crystalline flame medalion , but he kills me so fast , i cant even dmg him once.
there is nothing that can block his spells ... right now i think he is impossible for hammerzone.

btw thanks for the build, till now everything was kinda easy or at least ok.
Stinky
Sasquatch
61 | 0
pausenbrot wrote:any tips on doing quov tsin ? i got 85% element res and and crystalline flame medalion , but he kills me so fast , i cant even dmg him once.
there is nothing that can block his spells ... right now i think he is impossible for hammerzone.

btw thanks for the build, till now everything was kinda easy or at least ok.

I am in the same situation as you. Quov was impossible for me even with 90% max res.

Demonlord wrote:So what do you think about this same setup almost but running a Spear/Javlin with the Danmaku shield and everything? Swap out skin of kabraxis ofcourse but otherwise mostly the same. How good is that Moonbeam skill anyway? The regen looks worth it if the damage is there. Might also be alot easier to aim than hammers because the biggest problem ive run into is Kabraxis and its not so much the fight itself and kiting but rather getting damage with hammers on the guy because of how hammers work. and now that i have a good feel for how the build plays otherwise i was wondering what other options we have besides lightning and sceptres and if its worth trying out those other options. i seen you playing in alot of the same gear with a xbow or bow i think the other day on stream and it looked REALLY good.. especially the clear. but how does it boss?

The hammerzon is capable of killing Kabraxis. Takes a lot of patience & technique to get a kill down. Running to the spot where he'll jump on you & pre firing a couple of hammers will let you leech hp. I found hitting him with the curse helped as well. Duper frustrating at first, but killable.
Babyshoe
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:Maybe I’m wrong but I discussed with another veteran player about the damage issue and we both, as well as one of the devs, believe it’s an issue with the orange text on the skin of kabraxis armor being some type of multiplier instead of additive ewd.

I still don’t bother with it. My zon does 34k self
Buffed but with stats and speeds worse than yours. Perhaps I’m not understanding but you should be doing better than me. I’m still using a couple tu’s

For sure and thanks for the response. I figured the damage issue was something goofy. Maybe I'll try switching out kabraxis for something else?

As far as the main issue I have zero problem with survival my issue is clearing just seems to be lacking speed / efficiency. Most of Fauz/Dunc/etc. goes the same. Hammer, occasional spell bind on packs of necrobots, more hammers coupled with magnetic field, rinse, repeat. Like I clear okay and even faster with my merc (Act 5 Merc. Gear = Bogspitter helm, nyradyahk ammy, scales, dacanas, eth knights grace, endless loop, and qarak's) but compared to everyone other class I feel I can't seem to keep up. Maybe it's low CB? Honestly the only thing I could think of. Bout to re gem my gear and see if that does anything. Curious, what's your CB at?