+(0 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(-300 to 300) to Life
Elemental Resists (-50 to 30)%
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
(-25 to 15)% to Experience Gained
(-100 to 60)% Gold Find
(0 to 60)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)

well, im finally in all the suggest endgame gear. now its just a matter of hunting the 125+ charms and MOing my gear more once im higher level
Faipz
Prowler
16 | 0
Is Paragon really better than SoV? And wouldn't Jah runes in the weapon be more efficient damage-wise?
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
Faipz wrote:Is Paragon really better than SoV? And wouldn't Jah runes in the weapon be more efficient damage-wise?

well using a jah rune presupposes you arent using paragon, its hard to top a free 600+vit. when i first started this toon i was considering trying out SoV with
Gromotvod
Gromotvod
Coronet (Sacred)

Defense: 605 to 684
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 327
Item Level: 105
Discharge: Thunder Frequency Improved by 1 Second
+(2 to 3) to Amazon Skill Levels
(20 to 40)% Cast Speed
+(10 to 15)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(5 to 15)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Maximum Lightning Resist +(1 to 2)%
Physical Resist (5 to 10)%
+(20 to 60) Life after each Kill
Socketed (4)
but i havent gotten around to it yet. the damage boost from the helm probly is neglibable tho
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1437 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Faipz wrote:Is Paragon really better than SoV? And wouldn't Jah runes in the weapon be more efficient damage-wise?

What does SoV provide a hammerzon thats beneficial to the build? Spell dmg helps with nothing, because literally every single stuff you can use from the storm tree scales with wdm. And the 25% life is negligible when you have 0 vit invested, and it doesnt actually increase your total life by 25%, because you already have other sources of %life from charms, and that 25% is just added on top of it.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HeroicDose wrote:

well using a jah rune presupposes you arent using paragon, its hard to top a free 600+vit. when i first started this toon i was considering trying out SoV with
Gromotvod
Gromotvod
Coronet (Sacred)

(Amazon Only)
(20 to 40)% Cast Speed
Socketed (4)
but i havent gotten around to it yet. the damage boost from the helm probly is neglibable tho

Gromotvod would work last season, because hammer scaled lightning damage with spell damage, but I believe that part was removed from the damage cap issues, so they buffed the %WDM from 150 -> 200 to boost the physical a bit in place of the lightning.
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
Crash wrote:
HeroicDose wrote:

Gromotvod
Gromotvod
Coronet (Sacred)

(Amazon Only)
(20 to 40)% Cast Speed
Socketed (4)

Gromotvod would work last season, because hammer scaled lightning damage with spell damage, but I believe that part was removed from the damage cap issues, so they buffed the %WDM from 150 -> 200 to boost the physical a bit in place of the lightning.

yeah i mean even if you went all out specing for light damage youd probly only add like idk 8k or so max? and lose more then that from wdm
Unnamed
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0

you can always use skulls - less dmg, but still gems ;)
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
since i made a video of my pally i figured id make one of my zon too. giving a quick demonstration of how easy farming dunc is on a mostly geared hammerzon. easy kills, tanky af. unfortunately the connection was interrupted after a few minutes but its enough to get the idea.

HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
so outa curiosity i tried throwing a maffers/geleb combo on instead of rogue foresight and wind runners. essentially it added a a bit of damage, some life, cb, and a stupid amount of ias/hit recovery/ block speed. personally i hate having my attack on the left mouse button (right taken by wolf stance), but it seems to be a viable endgame option if you cant find windrunner/rogue. overall, its pretty much a sidegrade once you have endgame gear since the changes are all negligable but maybe for leveling purposes it wouldnt be a bad idea.
Edited by HeroicDose 4 years.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HeroicDose wrote:so outa curiosity i tried throwing a maffers/geleb combo on instead of rogue foresight and wind runners. essentially it added a a bit of damage, some life, cb, and a stupid amount of ias/hit recovery/ block speed. personally i hate having my attack on the right mouse button, but it seems to be a viable endgame option if you cant find windrunner/rogue. overall, its pretty much a sidegrade once you have endgame gear since the changes are all negligable but maybe for leveling purposes it wouldnt be a bad idea.

I actually used Ismail’s and Maffer’s combo and the combat speeds granted by the chest + several of the other stats were preferable to the alternative IMO. Loved the combo.