EksZonDe - Magic Missiles Amazon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Veev
Destroyer
6 | 2
I didn't follow this to level but I wanted to add my experiences so far in case it helps someone. This is also my only third 120+ so...

Level 126
(How do you embed the skillplanner...?)

Differences:
  • Uses tons of Jewels--I don't suggest Paragon ever at any point
  • Maxed out Spellbind: Increases the life of Fire Elementals drastically. Also, useful for things to slow Xazax minions and the like
  • 10 for Wild and Free: I just wanted 30% move speed
  • 15 for Defensive Harmony: 50% slow is a lot when you have tankier elementals
  • 19 for Fire Elementals: Dumping all extra points here. Current HP: 27,248

Order of skill allocation:
  • Bacchanalia > Magic Missiles > Spirit of Vengeance > Spellbind > Fire Elementals > Wild and Free

Jewelcrafting mini-guide:
    You need to collect a ton of jewels while leveling (ilvl 99+) and many arcane shards. Use Zod runes for spell damage. You want in order of importance to my current knowledge:

• Phys/Magic spell damage: 2% while leveling, 3% while 120+, 4% is clearly the dream
    • Maximum Life (as close to 50 as you can)
    • Energy Factor (Didn't do math to see how important it is, but don't roll over it if you get it with the previous two)
    • Cast speed as needed (you need 163 for max)
    • -10% Requirements as needed (do your best to find the best base items--for this, that means lowest stat requirements)
    • Any bonus % stats are fine and always lucky them for any +stats you get
    • One indestructible per slot isn't the worst either, but not our main goal

Do not roll more than 3 or 4 times. I should look up ilvls, but I stop at 3 and use the others for socket punches. You swim in jewels if you farm fast enough, so don't worry. With this, you get 23 sockets for jewels. That's a minimum of 46% spell damage (2% per jewel), lots of life (only 9 of my jewels have 40 life, on average), decent total of %stats, plus all the other random stuff. I think jewels are far superior.

Stats:
  • Str and Dex for gear, no vit, max energy
  • 18,271 life with SoV (497 Book of Lies, 610 Dragon Claw, 380 Astrogha)
  • 15k-17k MM tooltip with buffs

Gear comments:
  • Some sample gear to look at
  • +3 Witchdrum (ssf btw)
  • Use Megalith runeword for boots (as suggested by this guide). Make sure you properly prepare the runeword (reroll for enhanced defense and high MS, lucky for 1% DR)
  • Use 6x Magic Rune War Scepter (reroll for +4 skills and high phys/magic) and 15% DR
  • Farm Tran Athulua trophy for 5% more DR
  • Still using Moonwrap because no ssf luck with other belts
  • Chest, helm, and gloves shrine crafted as described in guide
  • Currently using
    Shamanka
    Shamanka
    Long Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 56 to 58
    Required Level: 100
    Required Dexterity: 203
    Item Level: 105
    Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
    +(3 to 6) to Sorceress Skill Levels
    45% Cast Speed
    45% Hit Recovery
    +50% Damage to Undead
    +(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
    +(21 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
    +(21 to 25)% to Poison Spell Damage
    +(6 to 16) to Bloodlust
    Maximum Life +(10 to 13)%
    Fire Resist +(50 to 70)%
    Lightning Resist +(50 to 70)%
    Socketed (4)
    on switch for buffing, socket Nih runes for duration

Charms missing:
  • Bonepile (Ureh)
  • Vizjun thing
  • Yshari Sanctum
  • Too lazy to farm 25 essences (but Teganze is easy with this) so no Treasure
  • Sleep
  • All 130s of course

Weaknesses:
  • Cannot do Ureh or Vizjun. We have no Defense and for these zones it's too important.
  • Ice Elemental for Kabraxis zone doable with Hailstorm from Amulet or Fal runeword in Amazon Helmet. Lightning spell from that is not good; had to respec. Phys was impossible because I don't know any phys spell oSkills
  • Had to overlevel for Kabraxis using 26% DR and 9% Magic DR. Unknown if that was really important, but it was much easier at 125. Run around him in circles, he will blink and knock you back if you go too far, and it's not bad even if he heals. No minions, not even SoV.
  • Extended Astrogha fight. You can position him a little better and come in from alternating angles to maximum the chances you don't hit statues and all that.

Strengths:
  • Fauntzville is extremely easy. Minions last forever and soak up enough Harpylisk shots. You will need potions, but it's not horrible.
  • Xazax gets easier with more damage (... naturally) and he's pretty easy to kill
  • Teganze is a joke and gets better with more damage

Random thoughts:
  • Wondering about the "some energy, lots of vit" idea once I get a certain level of DPS
  • I can afford a Ghal rune (for Unicorn helm) but trying to ssf as much as possible
  • Thinking about a higher defense version (Vizjun? Ureh?)
  • I heard a streamer say Uninterruptible Attacks is also for casts...? The plot thickens...

Thanks for your guide for giving me a place to ramble. No but really, I definitely learned some stuff from your initial post.
blenderr
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Veev wrote:I didn't follow this to level but I wanted to add my experiences so far in case it helps someone. This is also my only third 120+ so...

Would you mind sharing your NotArmory profile please mate?
These are great insights you gave.
lilithisacutie
Skeleton
2 | 0
cowking wrote:No section on merc on a character that has massive merc synergy means you're dying every 2 minutes and can't farm dfauzt.

No mention of weapon switch.

No word on jewelcrafts on a character that uses full jewelcrafts.

demonshalo wrote:Second Variation (viable now in late game due to Sigma changes):

It wasn't just viable, it was always the main choice from the get go (paragon is not a bloodzon uberskill and recommending it as a baseline choice is chuck-awful). You're a character that gets like +200% life modifier with SoV. That means you're getting 6 life per base vitality.

800 extra points in vitality = +4.8k life
20x 40 life jewelcrafts instead of useless ptopaz = +2.4k life
= 7.2k life
= bacchanalia + vit = paragon with double damage

Thing is you could replace every single offensive mod in your itemization with mf and %DR (which results in higher effective life than your paragon setup) with SoV and deal the same damage. That's how bad it is. You could even go max block and get the same damage.

Being able to trigger bacchanalia manually was a buff to SoV and you're still recommending paragon... what?

Your entire mid-game setup has zero EF and you're going full energy with ptopaz out of all things on a character that already has very high EF damage... it's just horrible and pain to watch/read. You're literally missing half your dps/protection in mid game and for what? Extra mana?

what gear would you recommend using instead?
Cromi38
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
I think this guide is great. Anyone who’s complaining about it and not having constructive criticism should make their own guide. He made this for plebs like me and I love it. I just need to know more about the gear like crafting bases and such and I’m good to go.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Xipher wrote:Hey just wanna say awesome guide! It's really helped me out. Would you be able to provide the bases we should be using when we enchanted craft upgrade from TUs? Not sure if it's worth using sacred bases due to the high stat req. Thanks!

Yes I am issuing a big update to the guide now to address all of the gear related stuff that has been discussed on stream!

RealMuscleGamer wrote:what merc and items should we be using?

I know we talked about this on stream but I will add it here as well. Merc is great and all but is not needed. The investment $$ in Merc gear would be much better utilized in case you invested it in your own gear. Besides, Merc for this setup could be hurtful at times during certain quests/farming spots. That is not to say that you should not have a Merc but the value in having one is really small for a caster such as this one. So how would I gear one? well I have not found a merc setup that synergies well with MMZon. I will keep experimenting and once I find one I will update this post with more info!

TheRealSeh wrote:Congrats on the release my brother. Looks very good.

Remember... Cocaine is one hell of a drug

Wahaha thanks bud. You´re a champ :D

Cromi38 wrote:I think this guide is great. Anyone who’s complaining about it and not having constructive criticism should make their own guide. He made this for plebs like me and I love it. I just need to know more about the gear like crafting bases and such and I’m good to go.

hey dude, I am editing the guide right now to reflect all of that :D thanks for the kind words!
Edited by demonshalo 5 years.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Veev wrote:I didn't follow this to level but I wanted to add my experiences so far in case it helps someone. This is also my only third 120+ so...

Level 126
(How do you embed the skillplanner...?)

Differences:
  • Uses tons of Jewels--I don't suggest Paragon ever at any point
  • Maxed out Spellbind: Increases the life of Fire Elementals drastically. Also, useful for things to slow Xazax minions and the like
  • 10 for Wild and Free: I just wanted 30% move speed
  • 15 for Defensive Harmony: 50% slow is a lot when you have tankier elementals
  • 19 for Fire Elementals: Dumping all extra points here. Current HP: 27,248

Order of skill allocation:
  • Bacchanalia > Magic Missiles > Spirit of Vengeance > Spellbind > Fire Elementals > Wild and Free

Jewelcrafting mini-guide:
    You need to collect a ton of jewels while leveling (ilvl 99+) and many arcane shards. Use Zod runes for spell damage. You want in order of importance to my current knowledge:

• Phys/Magic spell damage: 2% while leveling, 3% while 120+, 4% is clearly the dream
    • Maximum Life (as close to 50 as you can)
    • Energy Factor (Didn't do math to see how important it is, but don't roll over it if you get it with the previous two)
    • Cast speed as needed (you need 163 for max)
    • -10% Requirements as needed (do your best to find the best base items--for this, that means lowest stat requirements)
    • Any bonus % stats are fine and always lucky them for any +stats you get
    • One indestructible per slot isn't the worst either, but not our main goal

Do not roll more than 3 or 4 times. I should look up ilvls, but I stop at 3 and use the others for socket punches. You swim in jewels if you farm fast enough, so don't worry. With this, you get 23 sockets for jewels. That's a minimum of 46% spell damage (2% per jewel), lots of life (only 9 of my jewels have 40 life, on average), decent total of %stats, plus all the other random stuff. I think jewels are far superior.

Stats:
  • Str and Dex for gear, no vit, max energy
  • 18,271 life with SoV (497 Book of Lies, 610 Dragon Claw, 380 Astrogha)
  • 15k-17k MM tooltip with buffs

Gear comments:
  • Some sample gear to look at
  • +3 Witchdrum (ssf btw)
  • Use Megalith runeword for boots (as suggested by this guide). Make sure you properly prepare the runeword (reroll for enhanced defense and high MS, lucky for 1% DR)
  • Use 6x Magic Rune War Scepter (reroll for +4 skills and high phys/magic) and 15% DR
  • Farm Tran Athulua trophy for 5% more DR
  • Still using Moonwrap because no ssf luck with other belts
  • Chest, helm, and gloves shrine crafted as described in guide
  • Currently using
    Shamanka
    Shamanka
    Long Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 56 to 58
    Required Level: 100
    Required Dexterity: 203
    Item Level: 105
    Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
    +(3 to 6) to Sorceress Skill Levels
    45% Cast Speed
    45% Hit Recovery
    +50% Damage to Undead
    +(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
    +(21 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
    +(21 to 25)% to Poison Spell Damage
    +(6 to 16) to Bloodlust
    Maximum Life +(10 to 13)%
    Fire Resist +(50 to 70)%
    Lightning Resist +(50 to 70)%
    Socketed (4)
    on switch for buffing, socket Nih runes for duration

Charms missing:
  • Bonepile (Ureh)
  • Vizjun thing
  • Yshari Sanctum
  • Too lazy to farm 25 essences (but Teganze is easy with this) so no Treasure
  • Sleep
  • All 130s of course

Weaknesses:
  • Cannot do Ureh or Vizjun. We have no Defense and for these zones it's too important.
  • Ice Elemental for Kabraxis zone doable with Hailstorm from Amulet or Fal runeword in Amazon Helmet. Lightning spell from that is not good; had to respec. Phys was impossible because I don't know any phys spell oSkills
  • Had to overlevel for Kabraxis using 26% DR and 9% Magic DR. Unknown if that was really important, but it was much easier at 125. Run around him in circles, he will blink and knock you back if you go too far, and it's not bad even if he heals. No minions, not even SoV.
  • Extended Astrogha fight. You can position him a little better and come in from alternating angles to maximum the chances you don't hit statues and all that.

Strengths:
  • Fauntzville is extremely easy. Minions last forever and soak up enough Harpylisk shots. You will need potions, but it's not horrible.
  • Xazax gets easier with more damage (... naturally) and he's pretty easy to kill
  • Teganze is a joke and gets better with more damage

Random thoughts:
  • Wondering about the "some energy, lots of vit" idea once I get a certain level of DPS
  • I can afford a Ghal rune (for Unicorn helm) but trying to ssf as much as possible
  • Thinking about a higher defense version (Vizjun? Ureh?)
  • I heard a streamer say Uninterruptible Attacks is also for casts...? The plot thickens...

Thanks for your guide for giving me a place to ramble. No but really, I definitely learned some stuff from your initial post.

Thank you for an extremely detailed and constructive post. I will make sure to edit my guide now to reflect some of the things you just mentioned. This is great, thanks a bunch!

We do differ in a way. I have been running SoV with Zod/MF crafted jewels for a long time now and it works wonders. But it also requires the right kind of itemization and positioning which most new players (read people in need of a guide) would not be able to get right in their first build. Hence paragon is the recommended option because that works both in terms of damage output and hp/energy pool. In addition, the energy growth is certainly a welcomed addition when mana management in the early game is the #1 issue I see among new players.

Anyway, that´s mainly a difference in flavor more than anything else tbh. With that said, I once again thank you for a detailed and awesome post.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
cowking wrote:No section on merc on a character that has massive merc synergy means you're dying every 2 minutes and can't farm dfauzt.

No mention of weapon switch.

No word on jewelcrafts on a character that uses full jewelcrafts.

demonshalo wrote:Second Variation (viable now in late game due to Sigma changes):

It wasn't just viable, it was always the main choice from the get go (paragon is not a bloodzon uberskill and recommending it as a baseline choice is chuck-awful). You're a character that gets like +200% life modifier with SoV. That means you're getting 6 life per base vitality.

800 extra points in vitality = +4.8k life
20x 40 life jewelcrafts instead of useless ptopaz = +2.4k life
= 7.2k life
= bacchanalia + vit = paragon with double damage

Thing is you could replace every single offensive mod in your itemization with mf and %DR (which results in higher effective life than your paragon setup) with SoV and deal the same damage. That's how bad it is. You could even go max block and get the same damage.

Being able to trigger bacchanalia manually was a buff to SoV and you're still recommending paragon... what?

Your entire mid-game setup has zero EF and you're going full energy with ptopaz out of all things on a character that already has very high EF damage... it's just horrible and pain to watch/read. You're literally missing half your dps/protection in mid game and for what? Extra mana?

demonshalo wrote:And the fact that there ever was OW requirement goes to show that all of it was poorly thought out from the start.

Open wounds & AR was never a problem for any caster ever (crafted guided arrow/arrow swarm bow with slow moed with AR and pames), and even less so for a bloodzon with 25k health, 1p war spirit, defensive harmony and ecstatic frenzy. I think the only reason it was removed was the removal of double MO from crafts + being an "obscure" mechanic.

Crying about everything you don't like is just making this guide a cringe to read, I even opened up your stream and the first thing I hear is baby tier cry about open wound purify "broken mechanics". I closed instantly. The problem was never the mechanic, it was your inability to adapt. Just like your build is horribly optimized.

RandomOnions wrote:can you even summon the void final fight? It's afterall not magic missiles, stretching beyond your skillbuild (1 point barrage) and a bow on switch is hardly a full respec

Why would you respec to anything from a bloodzon? What the fuck is "hardly a full respec"? Twitch chat is that way :coolstorybob:

Ok on to the main dish...

I don´t usually feed the trolls and I don´t intend on breaking that rule here either. My main issue here is that yes, I might be a cringy guy who complains a lot. But it´s not because I can´t do some shitty quest; it´s because I expect better from the things I sink my time into as my time is my most valuable asset. With that said, keep in mind that hundreds of people come to my stream each day to enjoy the content. So sure, I am probably not the right content creator for you. I can live with that.

But I seriously don´t know how you can live with the fact that you´re a total douche.

!vit is now a command in my chat!
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Xipher wrote:Hey just wanna say awesome guide! It's really helped me out. Would you be able to provide the bases we should be using when we enchanted craft upgrade from TUs? Not sure if it's worth using sacred bases due to the high stat req. Thanks!

Cromi38 wrote:I think this guide is great. Anyone who’s complaining about it and not having constructive criticism should make their own guide. He made this for plebs like me and I love it. I just need to know more about the gear like crafting bases and such and I’m good to go.

Gear section updated as requested. Uber section will be updated later today/tomorrow
Cromi38
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
demonshalo wrote:

Gear section updated as requested. Uber section will be updated later today/tomorrow

Thanks man I really appreciate it <3
serek
Jungle Hunter
29 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
also wanted to express my gratitude, guide is excellent! everything can be tweaked more but this is great already.

PS. How did you beat the spires in order to upgrade Black road charm and get into fauztinville?