Iron Spiral Barbarian

theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
GreyRook wrote:
theidleone wrote:I have 0 points in Dex. Get gear with % bonus to AR (% to Dex won't help much). If you need to dump into Dex early on, go for it, but once you get enough gear and charms with AR bonus, you won't need to put any in Dex.

I have enough STR for equipment and the rest is in VIitality It's still a lot of STR because the requirement on my Ancients' Legacy is around 2000.
Getting % to STR and % to AR is easier than % to Life, and % to Vit helps the more points you have in it. 20k life is what allows me to tank Fauzt and Bremm in full games. I couldn't do it on only 15k or so.

For early-mid game I think all STR is fine. You don't need the extra Vit until 120 or later.

Hm, I see. But, you need dex for shields, and the guide recommends using a shield. Also, what is GotW short for?

Sorry, I'm a scrub and don't actually know what I'm doing. But that's why I'm in this thread.

Dex requirements on shields are pretty low, and you're not going for chance to block.
GotW is Gift of the Wild - it's a buff that you can get on crafted barb axes (not swords as far as I know).
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
theidleone wrote:Dex requirements on shields are pretty low, and you're not going for chance to block.

Okay, I think I get what you're saying: don't invest in dex because I won't use much of it anyway.
theidleone wrote:GotW is Gift of the Wild - it's a buff that you can get on crafted barb axes (not swords as far as I know).

Ah, I see. Like I said, I'm still new to this. Thanks.
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
GreyRook wrote:
theidleone wrote:I have 0 points in Dex. Get gear with % bonus to AR (% to Dex won't help much). If you need to dump into Dex early on, go for it, but once you get enough gear and charms with AR bonus, you won't need to put any in Dex.

I have enough STR for equipment and the rest is in VIitality It's still a lot of STR because the requirement on my Ancients' Legacy is around 2000.
Getting % to STR and % to AR is easier than % to Life, and % to Vit helps the more points you have in it. 20k life is what allows me to tank Fauzt and Bremm in full games. I couldn't do it on only 15k or so.

For early-mid game I think all STR is fine. You don't need the extra Vit until 120 or later.

Hm, I see. But, you need dex for shields, and the guide recommends using a shield. Also, what is GotW short for?

Sorry, I'm a scrub and don't actually know what I'm doing. But that's why I'm in this thread.

idem and I am grateful for your update as it allowed me to do Duncraig and find a beautiful object that I have already sold. I do not understand this thing of dexterity, without those points the defense remains low
theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
antonius wrote:
GreyRook wrote:

idem and I am grateful for your update as it allowed me to do Duncraig and find a beautiful object that I have already sold. I do not understand this thing of dexterity, without those points the defense remains low

You get defense from a few areas:
High def gear
% to total char def MO's
Enhanced Defense MO's (use these on high def gear, but know that you cannot exceed 200% ED on an item, so the MO's won't work after that-but runes still do)
Jah runes

I've used MO's on all my gear. Now every piece of armor adds 20% to my total char defense. Runemaster helps a lot too. I have almost 20 points into it, so I get about 18% def bonus for every rune in my gear. And if you need extra def, use Jah runes in all your sockets.
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
let's say that to get certain results, we need the items you listed. Now with the sale of the grandfather, I can buy a few pieces, then turn and evaluate. Already now it's not bad anyway, I just need to improve eq. I have only a doubt about the returns, because if you put the jah you can not put the gems and then the maximum resistance is less ...
theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
antonius wrote:let's say that to get certain results, we need the items you listed. Now with the sale of the grandfather, I can buy a few pieces, then turn and evaluate. Already now it's not bad anyway, I just need to improve eq. I have only a doubt about the returns, because if you put the jah you can not put the gems and then the maximum resistance is less ...

Adrenaline Rush helps with max resistances. But I don't think you need to use gems to raise your max res unless it's specifically for Teganze or Quov Tsin (in which case use Topspin and Wheel of Fortune with gems and get all your res around 85).
If you're talking about overall res, yes make sure they're all 75+. But use MO's and other gear to do so, don't miss out on the stacked benefit of the rune bonus and the Runemaster bonus.
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
theidleone wrote:
antonius wrote:let's say that to get certain results, we need the items you listed. Now with the sale of the grandfather, I can buy a few pieces, then turn and evaluate. Already now it's not bad anyway, I just need to improve eq. I have only a doubt about the returns, because if you put the jah you can not put the gems and then the maximum resistance is less ...

Adrenaline Rush helps with max resistances. But I don't think you need to use gems to raise your max res unless it's specifically for Teganze or Quov Tsin (in which case use Topspin and Wheel of Fortune with gems and get all your res around 85).
If you're talking about overall res, yes make sure they're all 75+. But use MO's and other gear to do so, don't miss out on the stacked benefit of the rune bonus and the Runemaster bonus.

Perfect. I bought the amu klaatu and already with this I make a good leap of damage, I think with the rest of the eq I will not have problems. Thanks again and you know updates do not be afraid to put them :)
theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I should add: I used a few MO's on my Qarak's to add Life on Attack and Mana on Attack. Just 2-3 of each helps A LOT.
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
theidleone wrote:I should add: I used a few MO's on my Qarak's to add Life on Attack and Mana on Attack. Just 2-3 of each helps A LOT.

Thanks for you post, im closed Duncraig and kill Assur :) very very thanks.
An alternative to the armor you've put on? now im using
Silks of the Victor
Silks of the Victor
Ancient Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (8603 - 9489) to (10651 - 11748)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 770
Item Level: 105
Level 10 Nephalem Spirit Aura
+1 to All Skills
5% Mana stolen per Hit
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1.125% Enhanced Defense (Based on Character Level)
+(300 to 700) to Life
Physical Resist -5%
Socketed (6)
with 5x mo ed, tell me if second is a viable alternative together with the armor
Marchosias' Might
Marchosias' Might
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8595 - 9436) to (10308 - 11338)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
5% Chance to cast level 3 Bladestorm on Melee Attack
+50 to Maximum Damage
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense
+(151 to 200) to Strength
(6 to 10)% to Strength
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)

Marchosias' Essence
(Druid Werewolf Set)
Jovoman
Cog
232 | 3
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
antonius wrote:
theidleone wrote:I should add: I used a few MO's on my Qarak's to add Life on Attack and Mana on Attack. Just 2-3 of each helps A LOT.

Thanks for you post, im closed Duncraig and kill Assur :) very very thanks.
An alternative to the armor you've put on? now im using
Silks of the Victor
Silks of the Victor
Ancient Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (8603 - 9489) to (10651 - 11748)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 770
Item Level: 105
Level 10 Nephalem Spirit Aura
+1 to All Skills
5% Mana stolen per Hit
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1.125% Enhanced Defense (Based on Character Level)
+(300 to 700) to Life
Physical Resist -5%
Socketed (6)
with 5x mo ed, tell me if second is a viable alternative together with the armor
Marchosias' Might
Marchosias' Might
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8595 - 9436) to (10308 - 11338)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
5% Chance to cast level 3 Bladestorm on Melee Attack
+50 to Maximum Damage
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense
+(151 to 200) to Strength
(6 to 10)% to Strength
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)

Marchosias' Essence
(Druid Werewolf Set)

an very good alternative and my opinion BIS would be khazra plate, cause if oyu go ancients legacy as shield which i also went and would say BIS kjazra is on the way there, with 6x -10 req and % life leech/AR, jewels in it on 1756 str with good str boost you can come close to 2004 strengh for shield use( 4x-10 req jewels with life leech/AR; on 2004 str

so for armor khazra if u can afford anyway till that stick with your current