Iron Spiral Barbarian

antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I ask you also another courtesy, I would like to know what kind of merc you use and what you gave him :) Thank you very much
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
theidleone wrote:Put 15 into Wolf Companion so you can have a few around to tank for you and in case one gets lost

They are untargetable so no tanking, in my experience they are either all in or 1-pointer. With the speed of Wolf Stance you rarely be in their effect anyway. Just saying that those 14 points could be elsewhere. :)
ilska
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
did you max wolf? Could you post a skillplan? Stats full strg?
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
So, I figured that I'd try this build out, and while I haven't gotten out of Act 1 yet, I was wondering what stat spread you would favour? I've been focusing on Str and Dex with a 3/2 spread, but I don't know if that's good or not. Also, what mercenary do you use and with what gear? I'm curious about what I should keep in mind.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
With wolf stance, you can use fortress. Fortress is a Handy skill for many, many ubers where going melee is suicidal
theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
antonius wrote:I ask you also another courtesy, I would like to know what kind of merc you use and what you gave him :) Thank you very much

I actually haven't used a merc at all. But if you do, I recommend an A5 Barbaian stacked with gear that slows and procs GotW or Bloodlust.
theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
MUS01 wrote:With wolf stance, you can use fortress. Fortress is a Handy skill for many, many ubers where going melee is suicidal

Some boss fights are definitely suicidal as melee, like Quov Tsin. I used fortress to beat him. I only put 1 point into it. But I like the synergy that Wolf Companion adds - extended target seek range. I use fortress often for mobs that are spread out/move a lot like in K3K. But in higher ubers you're actually lowering your damage by taking the time to cast it.
theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Jampula wrote:
theidleone wrote:Put 15 into Wolf Companion so you can have a few around to tank for you and in case one gets lost

They are untargetable so no tanking, in my experience they are either all in or 1-pointer. With the speed of Wolf Stance you rarely be in their effect anyway. Just saying that those 14 points could be elsewhere. :)

I must be thinking of my reanimates. :)
But if you're running around, you don't need the wolves until you stop and fight things - and they either catch up or reappear. Either way you get the bonus when you need it.

I actually only put 10 into Wolf Companion during my most recent respec. Having three wolves around still seems enough to get the bonus, while only having one was often a problem and having five seemed overkill.
theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
GreyRook wrote:So, I figured that I'd try this build out, and while I haven't gotten out of Act 1 yet, I was wondering what stat spread you would favour? I've been focusing on Str and Dex with a 3/2 spread, but I don't know if that's good or not. Also, what mercenary do you use and with what gear? I'm curious about what I should keep in mind.

I have 0 points in Dex. Get gear with % bonus to AR (% to Dex won't help much). If you need to dump into Dex early on, go for it, but once you get enough gear and charms with AR bonus, you won't need to put any in Dex.

I have enough STR for equipment and the rest is in VIitality It's still a lot of STR because the requirement on my Ancients' Legacy is around 2000.
Getting % to STR and % to AR is easier than % to Life, and % to Vit helps the more points you have in it. 20k life is what allows me to tank Fauzt and Bremm in full games. I couldn't do it on only 15k or so.

For early-mid game I think all STR is fine. You don't need the extra Vit until 120 or later.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
theidleone wrote:I have 0 points in Dex. Get gear with % bonus to AR (% to Dex won't help much). If you need to dump into Dex early on, go for it, but once you get enough gear and charms with AR bonus, you won't need to put any in Dex.

I have enough STR for equipment and the rest is in VIitality It's still a lot of STR because the requirement on my Ancients' Legacy is around 2000.
Getting % to STR and % to AR is easier than % to Life, and % to Vit helps the more points you have in it. 20k life is what allows me to tank Fauzt and Bremm in full games. I couldn't do it on only 15k or so.

For early-mid game I think all STR is fine. You don't need the extra Vit until 120 or later.

Hm, I see. But, you need dex for shields, and the guide recommends using a shield. Also, what is GotW short for?

Sorry, I'm a scrub and don't actually know what I'm doing. But that's why I'm in this thread.