Javazon

itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Sfp4 wrote:have you tried using charged strike oskill as single-target? and does it provide viable single-target dps?

Eh, it's okay. With a regular weapon/
Lancea
Lancea
Throwing Spear (Sacred)

Throw Damage: (188 - 279) to (298 - 413)
One-Hand Damage: (136 - 209) to (222 - 311)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 530
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
20% Chance to cast level 10 Flurry of Javelins on Melee Attack
40% Attack Speed
40% Hit Recovery
Adds (40 to 80)-(110 to 160) Damage
+(100 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
+(500 to 1000) Defense
+1 Life on Striking
Socketed (4)
it's not really better than Enfilade unless you give up multiple slots to stack levels. It is better than Moonbeam for killing Triune totems though. In most cases single target damage isn't what I'm concerned about, it's the limitations on farming clearspeed when the only options are FR/Ricochet/Heartseeker.

The other approach to CS is to use a javelin on switch to cast Moonbeam and then melee with something else, since you'll get full Moon Queen bonuses either way. Amusingly
Battlemaiden
Battlemaiden
War Scepter (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (120 - 174) to (370 - 456)
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 494
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
40% Attack Speed
40% Cast Speed
Adds (25 to 60)-(240 to 300) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
(5 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
(5 to 10)% Mana stolen per Hit
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Weapon Physical Damage +2.4375% (Based on Character Level)
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Socketed (6)
is among the best weapons for this which would make this build even more inferior to Hammerzon than it already is. And of course if you're gonna use Battlemaiden + CS then you'll be wanting
Skin of Kabraxis
Skin of Kabraxis
Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (5412 - 8068) to (7238 - 10357)
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 105
+120% Weapon Physical Damage if Wielding a Scepter
1% Chance to cast level 24 Pagan Rites on Kill
+1 to Scepter Mastery
+(100 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(100 to 1000) Defense
(5 to 20)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist (1 to 5)%
(10 to 100)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
and
Akarat's Trek
Akarat's Trek
Light Plated Boots (Sacred)

Defense: (1960 - 2352) to (2170 - 2604)
Required Strength: 625
2% Chance to cast level 30 Hammertime on Melee Attack
2% Chance to cast level 30 Thunder Wave on Melee Attack
2% Chance to cast level 30 Thunder Hammer Nova on Melee Attack
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
+(15 to 20) to Charged Strike
Weapon Physical Damage +(60 to 90)%
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
10% to All Attributes
+10 to Light Radius
Socketed (4)
too by which point you're basically an endgame Hammerzon.
Velico
Destroyer
7 | 0
What's your opinion of Vasily's set? Partial or full? I've been running it with defensive harmony base 15 (33 with gear) and I feel it has good kill speed but overall javazon feels kinda mediocre. The lack of reanimates kinda sucks, but fire and maneuver feels pretty good. I tried all the TU's you recommended but my killspeed and dex felt too low. With the TU's (and crafted gloves/belt, capped breakpoints/res, MO dex/dmg) I was sitting at around 2400 dex at lvl 122. What do you have to do to get max block? Just grind signets? I'm at 170 and have ~40% block which does fine in k3k but I get wrecked in TA/Duncraig. Arrowside is a shit mechanic imo, but I've learned to avoid it most of the time. The blind teleporting in Duncraig is also a shit mechanic imo, especially with a 0 def char.

itsme wrote:Ideally we want the slow value to be equal or higher to whatever slows target % we have on our gear, since the two types of slow will fight with each other.

Can you clarify this a bit? How does the slow from gear interact with defensive harmony? Does the higher value override the other, or are they separate?
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
IMO by far the best part about the set is the SoR proc at 3 items in which case it'd have to be boots/helm/shield.
Vasily's Falling Star
Vasily's Falling Star
Maiden Javelin (Sacred)

Throw Damage: (177 - 213) to (320 - 364)
One-Hand Damage: (115 - 138) to (235 - 262)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 80
Required Strength:
Required Dexterity: 300
Item Level: 1
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
(40 to 80)% Attack Speed
+100 to Maximum Damage
(21 to 25)% to Strength
(21 to 25)% to Dexterity
Requirements -50%
Socketed (3)

Vasily's Following
(Amazon Javelin Set)
is better than
Herfjotur

Herfjotur
Amazon Javelins

'BerOrt'
Runeword Level: 78
Ring Of Flames Gains +1% Total Damage per Character Level
5% Chance to cast level 1 Timefield on Kill
2% Chance to cast level 19 Ring of Flames on Striking
+(1 to 2) to Amazon Skill Levels
+(60 to 80) to Maximum Damage
+(15 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(25 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(141 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slow Target 25%
+(40 to 60) to Energy
Lightning Resist +30%
for raw damage but it gives up too much elsewise and the rest of the set bonuses don't do anything special. The whole set is giving up slow + procs + reanimates for attributes.

You'll definitely need 400 sigs for block. Even then it can be hard to maintain on a 4% shield; it's really necessary to stack DEX until you have good gear. I suggest getting 400 sigs + the best crafts you can in K3KBA and then running bosses ASAP for charms because trying to MF early on when you need all your sockets to function is kinda pointless. With that gear you should be able to do all of them to 125 besides Ureh and ZT. (although some of them are real slow like Belial and Astrogha)

For Dunc try using the backdoor TP spot mentioned in the guide, it's really much safer than doing the map conventionally. (aim where the cursor is or below)

Velico wrote:Can you clarify this a bit? How does the slow from gear interact with defensive harmony? Does the higher value override the other, or are they separate?

The more recent one overrides regardless of value. So if you have 50% slows attacker but only 10% slows target, hitting something that attacked you will speed it up, and then it will slow down when it attacks again. Getting to 45% slow is normal with the suggested gear (25% on weapon + two 10% items) but you could go higher which is why I added that line. It can be helpful to go over 15 points DH anyway, but you'll lose the slow as soon as you strike.
Of course the other approach is to forego slows target completely or 0 point DH in which case there wouldn't be any interference, but I don't think that's a good idea.

Velico wrote:but overall javazon feels kinda mediocre

You're telling me. I can't shake that feeling no matter how much gear I have. It works well enough, but that's about it.
Velico
Destroyer
7 | 0
itsme wrote:IMO by far the best part about the set is the SoR proc at 3 items in which case it'd have to be boots/helm/shield.
Vasily's Falling Star
Vasily's Falling Star
Maiden Javelin (Sacred)

Throw Damage: (177 - 213) to (320 - 364)
One-Hand Damage: (115 - 138) to (235 - 262)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 80
Required Strength:
Required Dexterity: 300
Item Level: 1
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
(40 to 80)% Attack Speed
+100 to Maximum Damage
(21 to 25)% to Strength
(21 to 25)% to Dexterity
Requirements -50%
Socketed (3)

Vasily's Following
(Amazon Javelin Set)
is better than
Herfjotur

Herfjotur
Amazon Javelins

'BerOrt'
Runeword Level: 78
Ring Of Flames Gains +1% Total Damage per Character Level
5% Chance to cast level 1 Timefield on Kill
2% Chance to cast level 19 Ring of Flames on Striking
+(1 to 2) to Amazon Skill Levels
+(60 to 80) to Maximum Damage
+(15 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(25 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(141 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slow Target 25%
+(40 to 60) to Energy
Lightning Resist +30%
for raw damage but it gives up too much elsewise and the rest of the set bonuses don't do anything special. The whole set is giving up slow + procs + reanimates for attributes.

Yeah, I like the 3pc bonus, getting that str for the helm is tricky though!

You'll definitely need 400 sigs for block. Even then it can be hard to maintain on a 4% shield; it's really necessary to stack DEX until you have good gear. I suggest getting 400 sigs + the best crafts you can in K3KBA and then running bosses ASAP for charms because trying to MF early on when you need all your sockets to function is kinda pointless. With that gear you should be able to do all of them to 125 besides Ureh and ZT. (although some of them are real slow like Belial and Astrogha)

Ok, that's good to know. Thanks! I'm still quite new to the mod so the progression is a bit strange to me. My buddy got me a Danmaku that I'm eagerly awaiting to try, so that should be fun to work with.

For Dunc try using the backdoor TP spot mentioned in the guide, it's really much safer than doing the map conventionally. (aim where the cursor is or below)

Yeah I saw this in your OP and tried it with limited success. The first few times I got murdered almost instantly, but I've had a few lucky tries where I get across and am able to do a full clear. If I die and they mass I just make a new game haha

The more recent one overrides regardless of value. So if you have 50% slows attacker but only 10% slows target, hitting something that attacked you will speed it up, and then it will slow down when it attacks again. Getting to 45% slow is normal with the suggested gear (25% on weapon + two 10% items) but you could go higher which is why I added that line. It can be helpful to go over 15 points DH anyway, but you'll lose the slow as soon as you strike.
Of course the other approach is to forego slows target completely or 0 point DH in which case there wouldn't be any interference, but I don't think that's a good idea.

Ok that makes more sense, thanks for elaborating.
trubihun
Fallen
1 | 0
hi, how is paragon useful if i go for jools craft on the items ? and do you make a gameplay with a duncraig run to see how good is it late game ? ^^
jrb123
Skeleton
2 | 0
How do you sustain mana?
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
jrb123 wrote:How do you sustain mana?

Mana regen jewellery MOs, sapphires in weapon, mana potions. It stops being an issue with levels. I'll add something to the FAQ about it.

trubihun wrote:hi, how is paragon useful if i go for jools craft on the items ?

Only use jewels endgame when you have life/block to spare. In that situation you can potentially drop Paragon for SoV because you won't be using gems anyway.

trubihun wrote:and do you make a gameplay with a duncraig run to see how good is it late game ? ^^

I will do videos eventually but I want to do first time run ones first (haven't been playing much recently due to hand injury). For Dunc the difference isn't that big, full clear with midgame gear + level 125 charms is ~8 minutes and lategame gear with the same charms is ~7 minutes. It's all about what procs you have and whether you have Void charm teleport or not.

Edit: To be clear I can go under 5 minutes with maxed Ricochet but the only reason that works is because I have 17.5k avg phys damage and I'm in a P1 Dunc. It's not a good representation of how the build plays for 90% of the game.
jindraaa
Fallen
1 | 0
Albrecht's Revenge - why this one? what makes it so good?
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
jindraaa wrote:Albrecht's Revenge - why this one? what makes it so good?

Arrow on striking, reanimate. 8% arrow on striking is roughly 4% total damage increase. A couple of the SUs compete with it but nothing really beats it. Most builds want either high defense or %PR but this one doesn't care at all.

About ver 1.1: Might be while before I update this guide since there haven't been big changes and most people will be screwing around with Necro.
Rogue Foresight
Rogue Foresight
Heavy Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: 492 to 522
Required Strength: 525
+1 to All Skills
5% Deadly Strike
-10% to Strength
20% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)
isn't worth using any more, merc gearing's gonna be different, Banish rares are useless, Dyers Eve with Path of Brutality upgrade is really good. The Enfilade change might or might not slightly improve DPS against all targets depending on how it's been implemented.
Generally there's nothing that will make Java reach breaking point any easier than before.
Kogler1990
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
anyone doing java at 1.1? is it ok to start with? how does she farm?