The Bowazon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Wulf
Cog
218 | 7
Majhin wrote:life leech was nerfed not buffed, dmg was nerfed and the amount of leech is far far less, esp in destruction

immortalsoul wrote:forget LL, it doesn't worth in destruction

Life steal was buffed, not nerfed.

">Reduced lifesteal penalties to 1/1 (H), 1/7 (T) and 1/15 (D)"

It used to be 1/30, meaning marco essentially doubled how good it is compared to before patch. This was to offset the nerf to weapon dmg. Life leech is at a VERY good spot right now.

Monster hp got reduced by 8 times to what their original value were, but weapon ed% only got reduced by 50%, and weapon max dmg by 75%, meaning that dps wise, physical dmg coming from weapons is overall better against mobs.
Edited by Wulf 4 months.
User avatar
L H
The Summoner
5191 | 171
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Wulf wrote:
Majhin wrote:life leech was nerfed not buffed, dmg was nerfed and the amount of leech is far far less, esp in destruction

immortalsoul wrote:forget LL, it doesn't worth in destruction

Life steal was buffed, not nerfed.

">Reduced lifesteal penalties to 1/1 (H), 1/7 (T) and 1/15 (D)"

It used to be 1/30, meaning marco essentially doubled how good it is compared to before patch. This was to offset the nerf to weapon dmg.


No.

SB just explained that leech is about 20% less effective now.

viewtopic.php?p=107283#p107283

viewtopic.php?p=107808#p107808
User avatar
Wulf
Cog
218 | 7
L H wrote:
Wulf wrote:
Majhin wrote:life leech was nerfed not buffed, dmg was nerfed and the amount of leech is far far less, esp in destruction

immortalsoul wrote:forget LL, it doesn't worth in destruction

Life steal was buffed, not nerfed.

">Reduced lifesteal penalties to 1/1 (H), 1/7 (T) and 1/15 (D)"

It used to be 1/30, meaning marco essentially doubled how good it is compared to before patch. This was to offset the nerf to weapon dmg.


No.

SB just explained that leech is about 20% less effective now.

viewtopic.php?p=107283#p107283

viewtopic.php?p=107808#p107808

"Why leech penalty is 1/15 instead of 1/12.5"

Since when was it 1/12.5? I think I missed apatch somewhere.

I'm looking at 2013 threads right now and they're saying leech in destruction was 1/65. Going to 1/15 is a HUGE buff from that value.
Majhin
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
it's not a buff man, come on read the post.
immortalsoul
Prowler
19 | -1
Wulf wrote:
L H wrote:
Wulf wrote:
Majhin wrote:life leech was nerfed not buffed, dmg was nerfed and the amount of leech is far far less, esp in destruction

immortalsoul wrote:forget LL, it doesn't worth in destruction

Life steal was buffed, not nerfed.

">Reduced lifesteal penalties to 1/1 (H), 1/7 (T) and 1/15 (D)"

It used to be 1/30, meaning marco essentially doubled how good it is compared to before patch. This was to offset the nerf to weapon dmg.


No.

SB just explained that leech is about 20% less effective now.

viewtopic.php?p=107283#p107283

viewtopic.php?p=107808#p107808

"Why leech penalty is 1/15 instead of 1/12.5"

Since when was it 1/12.5? I think I missed apatch somewhere.

I'm looking at 2013 threads right now and they're saying leech in destruction was 1/65. Going to 1/15 is a HUGE buff from that value.

wrong, it would be a buff if the damage wasn't also nerfed to the groud
deathmars
Imp
4 | 0
Arqwart wrote:
skazord wrote:I'm breezing through Destruction with Siegfried (Jah RW helm), T6 Jitan's Kamon, T6 Deadfall, T6 Featherclaw, Cindercone, Honorific Boots (FHR, Magic Find, All Resist, Reanimate) and a very lucky Flamelord SU Short War Bow drop (was running T6 Flowerspring before). My rings and amulet are nothing special and I only have Horazon's Focus, Scroll of Kings, Butcher's Tooth, Laser Focus Crystal, Elemental Prism, and Class Charm with Lvl Challenge 2 and Ennead Challenge bonuses for charms. Gems across gear are Perfect Rubies in my bow and various resistance gems in the rest of my gear to push max resistance and take advantage of Paragon uberskill. Also, I have as many points as I can into Paragon to allow for more health.


Nice build, it seems like some good alternatives, altough i need to ask you, why featherclaw? and not the pul gloves?
User avatar
Prime_Evil
Blood Golem
1381 | 120
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Abandon craft some sacred leather gloves (because you should be using EF at all times) , try to get decent %ar and %dex along with flat attributes (decent strenght/dex/vit would be great), then abandon bless it for even more dex. socket with pAmethysts. MO it with all res if youre really hurting for resistances , otherwise more +dex wouldnt hurt. At this point with soft points your fhr bp should be covered with wild and free passive.
User avatar
Wulf
Cog
218 | 7
Alright fair enough, I was wrong, it's a nerf.

Having said that, it's probably STILL the best option to MO a horned hunter, right? It's basically 5% cb vs 50% ed vs 20% ll.
Serge91
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Hello people. I started this time a Bowmazon, i completed the game in all difficulties.

And now im looking to drop any pieces of the Pantheon Set or a good bow. Sadly, after all this time, im still playing with my crafted stag bow... can't find anything better than that; the only sacred bow i drop is the Windforce, that has quite less damage than my bow. My dps with wyrmshot is like 1200-2200 or something around that, with buffs up. Also I did get some charms from bosses.

I think i should play with another pg or change amazon build... im lacking so much damage and i dont know what to do. My biggest concern is that with this build and the soloself found drop i cant clear the Kurast 3000BA, and that's the first reason why i didnt got a single Pantheon set piece.
User avatar
Kostetus
Cultist
20 | 1
Serge91 wrote:Hello people. I started this time a Bowmazon, i completed the game in all difficulties.

And now im looking to drop any pieces of the Pantheon Set or a good bow. Sadly, after all this time, im still playing with my crafted stag bow... can't find anything better than that; the only sacred bow i drop is the Windforce, that has quite less damage than my bow. My dps with wyrmshot is like 1200-2200 or something around that, with buffs up. Also I did get some charms from bosses.

I think i should play with another pg or change amazon build... im lacking so much damage and i dont know what to do. My biggest concern is that with this build and the soloself found drop i cant clear the Kurast 3000BA, and that's the first reason why i didnt got a single Pantheon set piece.


Try to use
Jitan's Kamon
Jitan's Kamon
Splint Mail (6)

Defense: (184-208) to (370-418)
Required Strength: 61
Required Level: 6
5% Chance to cast level 4 Guard Tower when you Kill an Enemy
100% Chance to cast level 7 Singularity when you Die
Adds (3 to 4)-(7 to 8) fire damage
Adds (3 to 4)-(7 to 8) lightning damage
Adds (3 to 4)-(7 to 8) cold damage
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 5%
Socketed (2)

Defense: (346-386) to (661-736)
Required Strength: 88
Required Level: 15
6% Chance to cast level 7 Guard Tower when you Kill an Enemy
100% Chance to cast level 14 Singularity when you Die
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) fire damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) lightning damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) cold damage
+(41 to 57)% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 6%
Socketed (3)

Defense: (592-656) to (1106-1225)
Required Strength: 128
Required Level: 23
7% Chance to cast level 10 Guard Tower when you Kill an Enemy
100% Chance to cast level 21 Singularity when you Die
Adds (8 to 15)-(16 to 30) fire damage
Adds (8 to 15)-(16 to 30) lightning damage
Adds (8 to 15)-(16 to 30) cold damage
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 7%
Socketed (4)

Defense: (957-1050) to (1748-1918)
Required Strength: 186
Required Level: 32
8% Chance to cast level 13 Guard Tower when you Kill an Enemy
100% Chance to cast level 28 Singularity when you Die
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 60) fire damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 60) lightning damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 60) cold damage
+(75 to 92)% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 8%
Socketed (4)

Defense: (1466-1596) to (2663-2898)
Required Strength: 270
Required Level: 41
9% Chance to cast level 16 Guard Tower when you Kill an Enemy
100% Chance to cast level 35 Singularity when you Die
Adds (31 to 60)-(61 to 120) fire damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(61 to 120) lightning damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(61 to 120) cold damage
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 9%
Socketed (5)

Defense: (2175-2352) to (3925-4244)
Required Strength: 391
Required Level: 49
10% Chance to cast level 19 Guard Tower when you Kill an Enemy
100% Chance to cast level 42 Singularity when you Die
Adds (61 to 120)-(121 to 240) fire damage
Adds (61 to 120)-(121 to 240) lightning damage
Adds (61 to 120)-(121 to 240) cold damage
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 10%
Socketed (6)

and
Siegfried
Siegfried
Amazon Helms

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 65
40% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 84-250 fire damage
Adds 84-250 lightning damage
Adds 84-250 cold damage
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(1 to 8) to Vanquish
+(87 to 115)% Enhanced Defense
+50 to Dexterity
All Resists +(21 to 25)%
-> lots of rainbow dmg