The Bowazon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
suchbalance
Blood Golem
1330 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active forum collaborator / developer
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Try oil of blessed luck first, then ED% if not already capped, then life leech. P rainbows in the sockets for the paragon life bonus of course.
User avatar
arcology
Thunder Beetle
52 | 6
suchbalance wrote:To illustrate how much damage you are losing by having mismatched arrow projectiles consider the following example. We are using the SSU Stag Bow and the SSU Spangenhelm. The bow has a 25% CtC lvl 10 arrow on striking and the helm has a 10% CtC lvl 1 arrow. Both among the best endgame equips. So what are the chances that upon striking an enemy we shoot off an additional projectile?

Both events can occur and they are mutually independent, so P(L10 U L1) = 0.25 + 0.1 - 0.25*0.1 = 32.5%. This is the probability that on every strike you get a lvl1 arrow or a lvl 10 arrow or two arrows. Now if instead the bow also had a lvl1 arrow proc the probability of getting a projectile would be 35%. So mixing the different projectiles nets you 7.69% less total arrows on striking.

The bigger your source of one projectile, the more damage you will lose by not matching the projectiles. If in the above example you also had Albrecht's revenge equipped as your chest armour (so you would have 20% arrow1 and 25% arrow10) the theoretical damage loss would increase to 12.5%.


Faulty math there, as you said, 32.5% chance of getting a lvl 1 or lvl 10 or two arrows. You'd have a 2.5% chance of two arrows, so if you wanted to compare total arrow procs, you'd have to add that to the 32.5%.. what do you know.. 35%.
You didn't even go into the recursive properties of striking procs.. ultimately having no chance of two arrows will make your damage more consistent, but it won't net you less arrows on average.
User avatar
suchbalance
Blood Golem
1330 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active forum collaborator / developer
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
That was just my attempt to simplify the discussion which I did not do very well. See page 2 for the full story.