The Bowazon

Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
hellgrind wrote:If u can handle farm TA, K3KBA, and Griswolrd for special box. other than that farm areas with high elite mobs density like sewers in ac2, arreat plateu (a5) or frozen tundra(a5). Also u can use Ix (bows) and Ber (amazon bows) rw to upgrade your gear. Also get hanabigami asap if u dont have it already.

Which easily crafted runeword bow/amazon bow would be best before Typhaon then? i looked over all the runwords and the No runeword looks good? why is Ix or Ber better? (i have no clue so have to ask :P)
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
because it has no proc and +stats u can get by moing your quiver or charms gives you this.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Miothan wrote:Thanks for the guide, have been following it and it' has been fun up to the point where i am, where it's....not fun O_o

Well, what I tried to achieve with this guide was a pure "untwinked journey". Starting from scratch and progressing through the game without forcing you into specific item choices. In hindsight, the originality of this approach had two main flaws.

1) Drop rates got nerfed in XVr, which made the gearing process listed in the guide pretty much infeasible on realm.

2) Most importantly, newbie players (who are the main focus of the guide) cannot progress through the tricky ubers with the bow upgrade alone, because they aren't good enough yet. Most of my gear choices also prioritised offense and low sustain because they relied on getting hit as little as possible. Not to mention that the open ended midgame gearing is confusing and people think they need the set to progress, which is not the case. I have since realised that this is the wrong way to go when trying to "teach" and this will be corrected in the following version.

Given some of the already revealed mxl 2016 changes, it is pretty clear that the entire gear section of this guide needs to be scrapped, rethought and tested again. The lack of pierce MOs means we cannot go all in on elemental damage right from the start and so the main focus will shift (no spoilers for now). The next version, which will come out after mxl2016 is released and when I have properly tested my ideas, will rely on crafts & TUs and (to a lesser extent) RWs for pretty much the entire game, it will also be more beginner friendly in aiming for more effective HP and sustain while maintaining the same boss killing capabilities and hopefully improving the farming of most zones.

Miothan wrote:Which easily crafted runeword bow/amazon bow would be best before Typhaon then?

Double MO Shockwave runeword (see appendix how to make it). Orb with ED to cap, then 15x max dmg MOs and then 15x crushing blow orbs (if you are good at dodging) or 15x LL orbs if not. Poison pierce will be needed.
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
suchbalance wrote:
Miothan wrote:Thanks for the guide, have been following it and it' has been fun up to the point where i am, where it's....not fun O_o

Well, what I tried to achieve with this guide was a pure "untwinked journey". Starting from scratch and progressing through the game without forcing you into specific item choices. In hindsight, the originality of this approach had two main flaws.

1) Drop rates got nerfed in XVr, which made the gearing process listed in the guide pretty much infeasible on realm.

2) Most importantly, newbie players (who are the main focus of the guide) cannot progress through the tricky ubers with the bow upgrade alone, because they aren't good enough yet. Most of my gear choices also prioritised offense and low sustain because they relied on getting hit as little as possible. Not to mention that the open ended midgame gearing is confusing and people think they need the set to progress, which is not the case. I have since realised that this is the wrong way to go when trying to "teach" and this will be corrected in the following version.

Given some of the already revealed mxl 2016 changes, it is pretty clear that the entire gear section of this guide needs to be scrapped, rethought and tested again. The lack of pierce MOs means we cannot go all in on elemental damage right from the start and so the main focus will shift (no spoilers for now). The next version, which will come out after mxl2016 is released and when I have properly tested my ideas, will rely on crafts & TUs and (to a lesser extent) RWs for pretty much the entire game, it will also be more beginner friendly in aiming for more effective HP and sustain while maintaining the same boss killing capabilities and hopefully improving the farming of most zones.

Miothan wrote:Which easily crafted runeword bow/amazon bow would be best before Typhaon then?

Double MO Shockwave runeword (see appendix how to make it). Orb with ED to cap, then 15x max dmg MOs and then 15x crushing blow orbs (if you are good at dodging) or 15x LL orbs if not. Poison pierce will be needed.

I see, thanks for the info, what about Hive and Eris? is Shockwave still better? i have rolled 2 Sacred Reflex Bow's, 1 with 93%ED & 85%AR, and 1 with 101%ED & 140%AR (was thinking of saving that one for Typhaon). Can i make Shockwave runeword in amazon bows? or just works for regular bows? and how does unsocketing work? do i get all items back unchanged when i unsocket someting? (could not find any information about that anywhere O_o)
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Edited by Unda 7 years.
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Unda wrote:@Miothan

I did hit Diablo on Destruction with Flowerspring TU6 and keep farming there for SU's, i was playing from scratch so work a bit on your positioning and skills use and you will be fine, really.

You seem to think i have a problem with killing stuff, i don't, i can easily do the farming OP wrote, what i find ridiculous is the set drop-rate which is ridiculously low for a game with 165 set items, when you factor in that a set only becomes usable when you have 5 pieces it's rather frustrating as i farmed for 6 days (12+ hours per day) and only had 3 complete sets for other classes and only 2 items for the Pantheon set.

What i lack info about is mid game items, what is viable and what is not.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Edited by Unda 7 years.
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Unda wrote:@Miothan

I dont get why Pantheon set was so important if you had no problems with killing stuff on farming spots. My post was focused only on bow as you asked about it, so i was using Flowerspring till Diablo droped Demonstorm, replaced it with Faerie Pyre also from him, last upgrade and my current bow Gjallarhorn was his gift ofc. Crafted bows is also option if you are really unlucky. Midgame is where all your TU's doing just fine, so for me midgame gear section could not exist even, after TU's you aiming for endgame. All about luck, as you experienced with seeking for Pantheon set. For example im using Angel's Wrath shoes and it was upgrade from TU's i was wearing. Also lets think about any part of set you get as micro upgrade as you eat it in signet form. Viable is all what let you go forward.

I got a lot of SU's but never did get any that worked for bowazon, got a lot of SU shields and melee weapons......

EDIT: It's not that the Pantheon set was all-important when i was farming, i never actually got anything that seemed worth replacing at all O-o have had 0 Sacred Unique Bow's drop for example.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
if you're playing SP the drops you get should dictate the next character to play, you can't just hope to get the right items for your build since there's so many of them
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Edited by Unda 7 years.