Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
operat0r
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
removed save file, see Forum Rules - CHEATING POLICY

I am doing fine with my Neco/lvl94 in Nightmare but my wife.... is struggling hard I respected to this build and I am missing the gear obviously but ... I should be able to take normal mobs down so I must be missing something ...

* included her save file for review/hacking :) feel free to fix it for me :P
* have not unlocked "Force Blast" because its not available (Hell ? )
* cheated to lvl137
* can't even walk outside act IV Nightmare without almost dying instantly ( most the gear is tier 4 crafted with Jewles/Runewards etc ..again not the best but .. )
* guide state max Max - Moonstrike (26) , Fusillade (24) , Baneblade (12) but not sure if thos are reall max because I have 49 skill points left over ...

So am I just missing the gear or skills ? it has to be one of the two ...I could work on getting the 'The Mysteries' stuff but ... her build is WAY worse now.. I can span one Familiar and 4-5 Blade Spirit. At this point after struggling shes basically given up :(
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
operat0r wrote:I am doing fine with my Neco/lvl94 in Nightmare but my wife.... is struggling hard I respected to this build and I am missing the gear obviously but ... I should be able to take normal mobs down so I must be missing something ...

* included her save file for review/hacking :) feel free to fix it for me :P
* have not unlocked "Force Blast" because its not available (Hell ? )
* cheated to lvl137
* can't even walk outside act IV Nightmare without almost dying instantly ( most the gear is tier 4 crafted with Jewles/Runewards etc ..again not the best but .. )
* guide state max Max - Moonstrike (26) , Fusillade (24) , Baneblade (12) but not sure if thos are reall max because I have 49 skill points left over ...

So am I just missing the gear or skills ? it has to be one of the two ...I could work on getting the 'The Mysteries' stuff but ... her build is WAY worse now.. I can span one Familiar and 4-5 Blade Spirit. At this point after struggling shes basically given up :(

Simply hacking your character and giving it clvl 137 isn't gonna make it op. All those clvls, Skill Points, and Attribute Points won't mean a thing if you don't have the gear to utilize them. There are no shortcuts with a Melee Sorc. You gotta put in the work to succeed.

The way I'm reading this, you're in A4 Nightmare. You should be using full TUs by that point, with most or all of them at T3 (check the guide for gear recommendations). The TU gear listed will take you though Hell and Early-Game Dungeons+Rifts without much trouble. It also looks like you're missing the Sunstone of the Twin Seas charm from the Level Challenge. So I'd recommend getting that. However, since you're now clvl 137, it's gonna cost you 14 ACs to assemble it. And since you don't have your Sunstone, you're also missing out on the free Res for completing the Prison of Ice quest in Act 5 (i.e. rescuing Anya).

Aside from gear, your Res is terrible. Socket perfect Ambers, Bloodstones, Onyxes, and Turquoises into your gear to boost it. You should be Res-capped by this stage.

I'm not sure what you mean by spamming Familiar and Blade Spirits. Familiar is a one-time summon, and Blade Spirits are just there to distract enemies when you need them.

Force Blast is a reward skill. You gain access to it when you complete the Black Road quest in Hell.

Having extra Skill Points is normal. You'll acquire Charms in Hell from certain Dungeons that have the "+X to Max Skill Levels" mod. This will let you put more points into your skills.

I tried to make the guide's walkthrough fairly thourough. So I'd recommend checking it out if you're not sure what to do.
Jovoman
Cog
234 | 3
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
hey a quick ask
till what lab level u can run this build in fully endgame?
also which setup is better for overall farming and which for the labs? elemental o physicial?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Tbh, I have no interest in the Lab concept, so I've never gone beyond the first few Labs with this or any build. I think some people have taken a Melee Sorc pretty far, possibly to completion, but idk if it was with this build or a different Melee Sorc build.
Jovoman
Cog
234 | 3
Donated 25 times
Solfege wrote:Tbh, I have no interest in the Lab concept, so I've never gone beyond the first few Labs with this or any build. I think some people have taken a Melee Sorc pretty far, possibly to completion, but idk if it was with this build or a different Melee Sorc build.

Thx

Also i recognized that especially in dunc i shall need fhr BP 280, atm im on 245 and also above 280 fbr

Cause sometimes i still got Stucked in some groups and die
Also for fauzt and viz 280 fbr and 280 fhr breakpoints are must have or?
Neoken
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wanted thoughts on the sorc melee set? With most chars, if possible I use TUs T4 ofc into sets into SU after wards...awesome guide btw...very thorough/complete. I see it is recommended for mid game...wondering how far I could get with it...mainly could I farm Duncraig to get the SU or is that better off left to other builds? Thanks for your time and have a great day!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Jovoman wrote:Thx

Also i recognized that especially in dunc i shall need fhr BP 280, atm im on 245 and also above 280 fbr

109 HR is good enough if you're just playing through the game. If you wanna use the build as a dedicated End-Game farmer, you can go for 280 HR, but it's not mandatory.

Neoken wrote:Wanted thoughts on the sorc melee set? With most chars, if possible I use TUs T4 ofc into sets into SU after wards...awesome guide btw...very thorough/complete. I see it is recommended for mid game...wondering how far I could get with it...mainly could I farm Duncraig to get the SU or is that better off left to other builds? Thanks for your time and have a great day!

You can effectively use the Set up to Xazax.

You won't have a problem using the Set to farm Dunc, especially once you have all 500 SoL eaten. But you may still die occasionally when crossing teleport gaps.

Also, I'd recommend trying out the Spiral Dance oskill once you have the Set. Sounds like it's a pretty good skill now.
Neoken
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Tyvm!
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Jovoman wrote:Also i recognized that especially in dunc i shall need fhr BP 280, atm im on 245 and also above 280 fbr

Just use cold and lightning passives there, you will barely get hit with that defense.
Jovoman
Cog
234 | 3
Donated 25 times
Alright thanks guys