Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Vyvanne
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheers, thanks for the prompt reply!

Grinding out to 120 now, currently 118. Have about 200 MF but not really finding a lot of sets to eat for signets, but did find the sorc set chestpiece. Will keep farming, slowly accumulating most of the v2 of the mid tier set but going strong so far.
Theuberelite
Cultist
23 | 11
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So I've been playing melee sorc a bit recently, respeccing from fire/poison to fire/lightning has been quite nice.

Optimal setup with upgraded laz charm only has 14 points in warp armor at 140, 18 without upgraded laz charm, using a Qor rune chest for the extra +1 skill as well (why does this exist?). If you want the lower cooldown on firedance fire/poison is better but I'm really liking the extra defense and the avoidance layered on top of the block makes this character quite hard to kill while farming. And firedance no longer locks you out of fusillade anyways.

Biggest thing thats awesome is that Nova Charge is way more useful than Hive since it actually gives you a decent chunk of energy (over 250 for me). It makes mana shield much easier to sustain. Mana shield should not be used in areas with heavy elemental damage though due to it not taking resists into account (Triune, mostly -- it stays up fine in dunc/fauzt, and even Teganze I was kinda alright using Wheel of Fortune and Mana on Kill/Mana on Attack)

Few things I wanted to note:
Wind runner (4x Earth rune boot RW) are an amazing boot option. Make hitting attack speed cap really easy, between that and dervish of arach for me right now it caps my attack speed.

Amulets aren't noted in the end game section. Dyer's Eve, Beads of the Snake Queen, and In For The Kill (for zone farming only on the last one) are all solid endgame options -- I'm opting for Beads of the Snake Queen for bossing, but In For The Kill is WAY too good for AoE procs though. Think the rings are pretty obvious as Empyrean Glory.

At this point I'm managing to carry in P8 Dunc, and a lot of my jewels are still 1% attrib because I've been lazy (time to tap into my 70 arcane crystals I've saved up...). I still have room for more MOs on my Steel Punisher too.

Also, act 5 merc is OP, and makes you OP. Qarak's Will (SU Giant Sword) on him and then just put phys res/str stack stuff on him, high attack speed too. Even better if you get Creepy crafted Burning Veil on kill gloves (or horror crafted if you want the reanimates). The TU4 Ring Mail also is good for giving you and him bloodlust if you don't have Qarak's. Would absolutely recommend looking into this. A3 mercs are still fantastic, but the utility and damage of a5 is great -- just annoying because you have to unbug a5, whereas a3 mercs generally unbug almost instantly. To unbug a5, let it kill some stuff in a1 after new game or revive until you see his defense go up by ~50% -- his movespeed will also go way up.

This reply ended up being much longer than I expected... Just wanted to log some things I've experienced with the character.

Also you mentioned Jah runes would have been best if they didn't raise level requirements on sacred honorifics -- wouldn't Perfect Skulls be a good alternative in that situation? 10% ED instead of 15% but they shouldn't raise the level requirement on a sacred item.

EDIT: Since I'm playing I should mention my gear. https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=UberSorcOP is armory right now. I should note that every single piece is self found, although I started with a different character which farmed to 140 and then some -- to the point that I have something like 40 fauzt great runes. Other character (Shuriken ssin) also is able to faceroll Teganze, although I could do the same if I respecced the sorc to mana because Mana Sweep is OP there.

Weapon: Steel Punisher, 2x ED MO's for ED cap. Still want a better one for more MO space, but not even sure what I'd put for the rest of the MOs.
Chest: Dervish of Arachnoch or w/e it is. They buffed this so nicely giving it claw tornado on striking instead of on melee attack.
Helm: Royal Circlet.
Shield: Abandon-craft spiked shield, 2% CtB 6% phys res 180% ED, hunting banshee on being struck (actually really nice).
Gloves: Hammerfist, kinda okay-ish roll.
Belt: Nero RW sash
Boots: Wind Runner RW Heavy Boots.
Amulet: In For The Kill for clear, Beads of the Snake Queen for doing bosses. Still not sure what I want to prioritize on MOs for these.
Rings: Empyrean Bands (5% and 4%) because I've had bad luck with rings. Probably have to trade for Empyrean Glory.

Charms I'm missing: Void, Laz, Samael (someone is selling Samaels a ton right now, but that just feels like cheating), +2 Sorc Xazax because he's being an asshole.

Upgraded/Notable Charms: TA (15/15 with trophy), Akarat (249/25 with trophy), Sleep with TA trophy for MF (haven't tried this on sorc yet, transferred from sin), Umbaru Treasure is +0 with 26 str 40 dex 46 vit 56 energy -- farmed essences on sin. Dunc trophy dropped before a +2 sorc, Jitan trophy dropped on first kill. Dex cycle farming blows and I only have 33 dex on my wormhole after many hours of farming, filled the rest with combat speeds and life/mana, still need more cycles to finish filling.
Edited by Theuberelite 5 years.
Speedpad
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
igloosPat wrote:My guess is that you need to farm 400 signets so you can get max block. My sorc has 5000+ dexterity, probably overkill but sounds like yours is low.

Well, i'm 342 sig's in, wich result in ~3k dex atm. Need to switch for more %dex stuff i guess. And still 1% block shield, got a few 2% but no DR, need to trade some shrine i think. Thanks for input ;)

off topic : @UberElite, i'm desperate to bring Hotd0g to MXL, but he won't listen't to me :/
GRANDLarsony
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So I’m running an elemental version. What’s the best route for leech? If life on hit doesn’t work with Bladestorm missiles you’re prob still better off using ber jewels, no?
karlsson95
Prowler
17 | 0
Finally found a sacred warp blade lol

Kill speed is so much better now. Rolled 35 ed 137 ar with no sockets but forgot to use oil of luck lol, took me about 70 re-rolls to get that so i just said fuck it and took it
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@everyone
Added some baseline alt builds to the end of the guide for ppl who aren't happy with how Poison/Fire plays and want to try something different. Poison/Fire is a solid build, imo, but it does take some getting used to. Admittedly, it probably wasn't the best build to suggest for a "beginner's guide."

The "Alternate Builds" navlink at the beginning of the guide works now. It will take you right to them.
karlsson95
Prowler
17 | 0
"Once you summon Athulua, be ready for one of the most obnoxious fights in the game."

No fucking kidding. Thank god there was no lockout for that fight

TP -> run around till she telestomps me -> cast firedance and force blast -> fusillade when not stunlocked -> spam moon symbols -> die -> repeat

If anyone is having trouble try fighting her around some rocks and just circle around it while fusillading/firedancing, seems to catch some of the arrows so you can actually do things
hoanganh97
Cultist
24 | 0
why dont use Crushing Blow instead of Jah rune in weapon ?
Engersion
Sasquatch
65 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
hoanganh97 wrote:why dont use Crushing Blow instead of Jah rune in weapon ?

Bosses are immune to crushing blow and standard enemies die too fast for crushing blow to matter
hoanganh97
Cultist
24 | 0
homing blades of Bladestorm can active crusing blow ?