Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
TommiHelm wrote:
Tokkie wrote:Can someone tell me what ACD means, can’t find it on the web. Ty

Armor Class (Defense) I think. Basically just your Defense number.

What Tommi said.

Since I use "defense" in the guide as a broad term that includes a lot of different defensive mods, I decided to use "ACD" to refer specifically to the Defense number. The idea was to make things less confusing, but not sure it worked out that way.

Edit:
Also, just to update anyone using this guide for the 1.2 patch:
Most everything in the guide should still be relevant to the 1.2 patch, but there are a few things to note.
> EWD and DEX damage bonuses on some items used by this build were tuned down a bit, but it should be fine.
> You should now be able to complete the Set sooner (in theory), since Set items can start dropping as soon as Sacred items do (e.g. around A2/A3 Nightmare). Again, in theory.
Tokkie
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thank you for your kind answers.

Tokkie
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
Solfege wrote:
TommiHelm wrote:
Tokkie wrote:Can someone tell me what ACD means, can’t find it on the web. Ty

Armor Class (Defense) I think. Basically just your Defense number.

What Tommi said.

Since I use "defense" in the guide as a broad term that includes a lot of different defensive mods, I decided to use "ACD" to refer specifically to the Defense number. The idea was to make things less confusing, but not sure it worked out that way.

Edit:
Also, just to update anyone using this guide for the 1.2 patch:
Most everything in the guide should still be relevant to the 1.2 patch, but there are a few things to note.
> EWD and DEX damage bonuses on some items used by this build were tuned down a bit, but it should be fine.
> You should now be able to complete the Set sooner (in theory), since Set items can start dropping as soon as Sacred items do (e.g. around A2/A3 Nightmare). Again, in theory.

Just to add onto this, you now cube a Xis Rune with the rune you're going to use to make Xis Runewords. So cube a Xis with a Tal to get a TalXis Rune, which gives us an additional jewel slot to use now.
Kaly_
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
whats your guys opinion on adding enhanced damage Mos before making a shark(xis) rune word instead of adding ewd or ds after making it. i have a 55ed/129ar base . at lvl 136 i could add 4 ed MOs for 60% . could that be better than ewd/ds ?

thanks in advance

edit: also, is inarius rock worth it for the time strike ?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
> Eff this guide, I built my own Melee Sorc.
> OMG the Melee Sorc I build sucks and IDK why.

:shrug:

Kaly_ wrote:whats your guys opinion on adding enhanced damage Mos before making a shark(xis) rune word instead of adding ewd or ds after making it. i have a 55ed/129ar base . at lvl 136 i could add 4 ed MOs for 60% . could that be better than ewd/ds ?

thanks in advance

edit: also, is inarius rock worth it for the time strike ?

Sorry, didn't see this post.

Marco made a WDM Calculator Tool that should answer your question.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36830
robg1293
Pit Knight
104 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So i recently swapped to the elemental end gear items and i am dying a lot more than before, is this gear a bad setup??
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
It's not bad, per se, but Elemental isn't as good as a Phys setup (imo) since all your buffs are dedicated to boosting Phys damage.

Since you're dealing almost no Phys damage, LL won't do you much good with an Elemental setup. You'll need more LoA (and maybe some LaeK) to make up for it. Nih-crafted Jewels would be a good place to start.
Fendraz
Invader
8 | 0
I have a question concerning the mid game gear. you suggest sacred honorific gloves and belt, (abandonned-bless). i tried to use a shrine with the honorific item but nothing happened. Do you mean honorific OR shrine craft or, is there a way to do both ?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Cube it with a Shrine + 2x ACs to bless it.

Edit:
Also, make sure it's a Sacred Honorific and not a Tiered Honorific.
Edited by Solfege 4 years.
Fendraz
Invader
8 | 0
Solfege wrote:Cube it with a Shrine + 2x ACs to bless it.

ohhh ok.! and should i mo'ed the item first or it doesn't matter ?