Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Minato
Imp
4 | 0
I hate world noxus so much -_-
jastin
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Why don’t we reveal until after Den?
Jilvane
Skeleton
2 | 0
Mostly any build can do neph rifts faceroll mode, its the uberquests that are difficult. Melee sorc just seems to suck ass on the harder uberquests (Kab, Astro, etc) while my mana sorc, although much squishier, is able to much more effectively clear both neph rifts and ubers. I mean, hell, one mana sweep on my mana sorc and the screen gets wiped out, while my melee sorc has to actually run up to packs to clear. On bosses, my melee sorc gets shredded (75% block, 40% phy res, 90 flat phys reduction, 85/86/86/82 res, 57% life steal, life on attack, etc; it just feels like absolute garbage.

I've tried both phys with steel punisher and ele with starhawk, and both just dont seem to do everything effectively. Plus the ridiculous requirements to even be able to do end-er game stuff, while I can just go in blind with a Magic Missle bloodzone and just molest the entire game with only one buff to keep up and one skill to spam. lolz
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@Athudes
I don't see any disadvantages to
Derweze
or
Indigo
Indigo
Circlets

'UnTaha'
Runeword Level: 110
+2 to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
-500 Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(13 to 15)%
Requirements -100%
for Elemental builds as long as using them doesn't reduce survivability.

I haven't really done a lot with UMOs in the past b/c farming them is boring. But you may want to consider
The Endless Light
The Endless Light
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
-2% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+100 Defense
3% Bonus to Defense
+10 Required Level
for Elemental builds. For Phys builds,
Vizjun's Ball Bearing
Vizjun's Ball Bearing
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
2% Deadly Strike
+25 to Dexterity
+10 Required Level
Essence of Itherael
Essence of Itherael
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Weapon Physical Damage +9%
15% Bonus to Defense
+10 Required Level
, and
Crystal of Tears
Crystal of Tears
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Adds 3-6 Damage
+10 Required Level
work well.

And yeah, SP leveling is not fun. A full week of 120-125 grinding and I'm only clvl 124.

@vebririon
I'm hesitant to recommend MOs for SUs unless I've actually tried them. But I'm not sure ED+Jah Runes are really gonna do much for Starhawk if you going full Elemental. Neither of those mods boost flat Elemental damage. And there aren't a lot of UMOs that look decent for it either. Maybe
Nor Tiraj's Flaming Sphere
Nor Tiraj's Flaming Sphere
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
1% Chance to cast level 42 Flamefront on Melee Attack
Adds 3-6 Fire Damage
+5% to Fire Spell Damage
Fire Resist +25%
+10 Required Level
+
Eye of Malic
, but the flat F/C damage + proc ctc aren't very high on either. You may just want to use support MOs: LoA, MoA (if needed), AR, and IAS. But again, not sure without trying them.

As for socket fillers, you'll probably get more out of P-Rainbow Stones or Io Runes than Jah Runes.

@Minato
Same. Personally, I never do Witch b/c it's a pita and I have no desire to farm some other Uber 50x for a Trophy just to make the Charm useful.

@Jastin
No map reveal makes it easier to know which areas in the Den of Evil you've already cleared, thus making it easier to clear the whole thing in one pass.

@Jilvane
That's fine. Some people prefer meta op 1-click afk builds. Some don't. Build equality is a myth. There will always be some builds that are just plain better than others. Melee Sorc was a garbage-tier joke build for years. It's been improved greatly in the last year+, but it will never be an opraepalluberzomglolz build.

Regarding Astrogha specifically, there are a number of items that have the Charged Strike oskill... :thinking:
GRANDLarsony
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Did they introduce any new charms with sigma or is the number still 41?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Some upgrade quests were turned into dedicated Charms (e.g. Black Road, Athulua, Toraja, Bremmtown). I could be forgetting something, but I think there are 40 Charms, not counting upgrade stuff such as Mystic Shard, Sunless Crystal Bird, Deity's Bow, etc.
tagames
Imp
4 | 0
How the heck do you manage mana..
Im using Khani wpn and some of the early TU.. Im lvl 112, and every time im in longer fight my mana just dies.. i have 5% ml from jewels.. But i cannot see where else to get it?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
5x Mana regen orbs on each piece of jewelry.

Also, if you're using Mana Shield, stop using it. By the time you reach Hell, enemies will be doing so much damage that your tiny Mana pool will be drained in seconds.
karlsson95
Prowler
17 | 0
The day I find a sacred warp blade will be a glorious day
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
karlsson95 wrote:The day I find a sacred warp blade will be a glorious day

Fwiw, I had the most luck early on finding Sacred Warp Blades in the Torajan Jungles.

mariano0928 wrote:why dont reveal the map until complete den of evil?

It's only for convenience. Not revealing the map makes it easier to know which areas you've already cleared. That way, you're not rerunning the same areas.

Edit:
Clarified the Den of Evil map-reveal thing in the guide.